October 31, 2014 | 1582 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2007 5:34:00 AM More reviews by mamba

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product. Didn't believe the hype. But I got an allergic reaction to a lipstick and my lips were dry and flaky and nothing seemed to help - not even my beloved Murad lipbalm. I applied it before bed and woke up with soft lips. I don't believ in the "miracle", but this lipbalm works. Because of the price: try to sample it first.
Only four lippies because of the price.UPDATE:Still loving this lipbalm. The texture is very nice - not super sticky - and work well under lipstick/-gloss. I've repurchased. Newest update: Gave this 5 lippies. My lips have been in perfect shape ever since I purchased this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2007 10:51:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I received a good sized sample, and in the beginning it was "WOW~ This is some really great lip balm!" I loved the smoothness and the lemony mint scent/taste. Then, after about a week of using this constantly day and night, my lips started looking more crinkly than usual, and I actually started to see some bumpiness occuring. I thought it was just dead skin trying to slough off, but after closer examination the bumps are like tiny blisters under the skin. It's the similar frightening reaction I got to Kinerase's Lip Treatment - just without the itching/stinging around the mouth. I must be allergic to something in the active ingredients of La Mer products because the majority of the skincare line irritates & causes bumpiness on my skin after prolonged use. Ah well...saves my wallet :D I'm going back to using my tried-and-true Burt's Bee's & Dr.Hauschka lip balms.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2007 2:47:00 PM More reviews by aroulston

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I went through one pot and bought another one as the price is outrageous. This is my HG - Chicago winters are brutal and this is the only thing that helps. It makes my lips so soft and plump. The packaging is okay - but I dropped it once and the lid chipped. Really truly worth it for those who need help for severe chapped lips. Also makes a great lipstick base. I want La Mer to make this with pigment so bad!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2007 10:08:00 AM More reviews by PetsPlantsHome

I live in Massachusetts, and we have some dry, cold winters. My lips, not my skin, get so so dried. My lips crack, bleed, repeat. La Mer is the only balm that make my lips soft and hydrated. I do use a lot of it because my lips just drink it up. Tried the RoseBud salve and it was ok, but only masked my dry lips, did not actually moisturize them.
Tip: put the Lip Balm heavy at night just before bed, that way it has all night to soak in and repair you chapped, cracked lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2007 7:34:00 PM More reviews by zetabebe

Dried out my lips!! I wanted to love La Mer products :( However, I will be trying their loose powder.. I hope this one won't disappoint me like their other products.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2006 9:52:00 AM More reviews by kiiat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I suffer from dry, sensitive skin and decided to try la mer because I've heard so much about this line. For $65CDN, I expected my dry lips to become soft and supple however I really didn't see any difference other than having $65 less in my wallet. It actually did the same thing that Rosebud Salve does and I only paid $8 for it.

Not worth it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2006 4:37:00 PM More reviews by lundldt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm on my third pot of this stuff - I love it!!! After I used up the first one, I decided it was just way too expensive, so I tried other things. Not too long before my old problem of chapped, peeling, bleeding lips returned. So I re-ordered, and really, within a few days my lips were healed again. I apply it before bed, and in the morning before makeup, and my lips are perfect!! This stuff is well worth the price if you have chronically chapped lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2006 2:48:00 AM More reviews by aperfectegg

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Simply the best balm for your lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2006 3:31:00 AM More reviews by lyao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this together with the "core" La Mer products in a holiday set. I was not planning to buy the lip balm (I had previously purchased a similarly expensive lip balm from Cle de Peau and did not find it worthwhile to spend so much on a lip balm when any decent but much cheaper balm seems more than satisfactory to me). So I was pleasantly surprised when I turn out to really love it. Really there's nothing not to love it: the texture is outstanding - it glides on easily, does not wear off for a few hours, and is not too thick to layer under a lipstick; the smell is heavenly, I think; the packaging outstanding (much better that the cream and eye cream in my mind) - the sleek frosted glass pot looks delicate and sophisticated. I agree it's definitely not one of those "essentials" that are more worthy of investment, but it certainly is a splurg that I'm happy that I made.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2006 5:03:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great lip treatment balm. I love the minty-sweet scent/taste. I love that it has the La Mer "Miracle Broth" in it (after all, that IS what you are paying for in this $45.00 lip balm! LOL!). I like how it seems to plump up my lips, and how I can wear it day or night because it's texture is so smooth and silky (not sticky or thick). Overall, I'd say if you are a La Mer purist and have the money to splurge on it, go ahead and get this lip balm ... you'll love it! But if you are just wanting the "core" La Mer treatment for your skin at the most affordable price, then skip this lip balm and spend your money on the La Mer Creme or Lotion (you can always rub some of the Creme or Lotion on your lips!). I have recently just fallen in *love* with La Mer, so I am obsessed now with getting all of their products. It'll take awhile since they are so expensive, but eventually I know I'll end up trying them all. LOL! I love this lip treatment balm ... I use every morning under my lipstick and every night before bed. 5 lippies!