April 19, 2014 | 1880 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2006 4:37:00 PM More reviews by lundldt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm on my third pot of this stuff - I love it!!! After I used up the first one, I decided it was just way too expensive, so I tried other things. Not too long before my old problem of chapped, peeling, bleeding lips returned. So I re-ordered, and really, within a few days my lips were healed again. I apply it before bed, and in the morning before makeup, and my lips are perfect!! This stuff is well worth the price if you have chronically chapped lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2006 2:48:00 AM More reviews by aperfectegg

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Simply the best balm for your lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2006 3:31:00 AM More reviews by lyao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this together with the "core" La Mer products in a holiday set. I was not planning to buy the lip balm (I had previously purchased a similarly expensive lip balm from Cle de Peau and did not find it worthwhile to spend so much on a lip balm when any decent but much cheaper balm seems more than satisfactory to me). So I was pleasantly surprised when I turn out to really love it. Really there's nothing not to love it: the texture is outstanding - it glides on easily, does not wear off for a few hours, and is not too thick to layer under a lipstick; the smell is heavenly, I think; the packaging outstanding (much better that the cream and eye cream in my mind) - the sleek frosted glass pot looks delicate and sophisticated. I agree it's definitely not one of those "essentials" that are more worthy of investment, but it certainly is a splurg that I'm happy that I made.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2006 5:03:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great lip treatment balm. I love the minty-sweet scent/taste. I love that it has the La Mer "Miracle Broth" in it (after all, that IS what you are paying for in this $45.00 lip balm! LOL!). I like how it seems to plump up my lips, and how I can wear it day or night because it's texture is so smooth and silky (not sticky or thick). Overall, I'd say if you are a La Mer purist and have the money to splurge on it, go ahead and get this lip balm ... you'll love it! But if you are just wanting the "core" La Mer treatment for your skin at the most affordable price, then skip this lip balm and spend your money on the La Mer Creme or Lotion (you can always rub some of the Creme or Lotion on your lips!). I have recently just fallen in *love* with La Mer, so I am obsessed now with getting all of their products. It'll take awhile since they are so expensive, but eventually I know I'll end up trying them all. LOL! I love this lip treatment balm ... I use every morning under my lipstick and every night before bed. 5 lippies!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2006 7:46:00 PM More reviews by jmvuitton

My lips gets dry and cracked very easily and there isn't much lip balms or treatments that works. La Mer is one of very few lip balms that does work and it's definitely the fastest. The smell and taste is very cool and fresh and it's very addictive! It works fast but you don't need to put it on every 5 minutes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 9:44:00 AM More reviews by sdg13

Let me start by saying that I am a La Mer fan...but there is nothing special about this product. It's a lightweight waxy lip balm in a pot that doesn't seem to really "sink" into the lips to moisurize them. Instead, it sits on your lips and seems to set up a waxy base for lipstick which I don't really care for. So, it's not a terrible product if that's what you're looking for but for a lot LESS money you can buy a decent lip balm. I will not repurchase. UPDATE...recently purchased Bobbi Brown's Lip Balm and really like it. It costs 1/3 the price of La mer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2006 3:49:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

Interesting how all the positive reviews are glowing and all the negative reviews comment only the price. Anyway. Yes, it's expensive, but I got what I paid for. It makes my lips luscious and lasts much longer than any other balm I've tried. If only it had SPF, it would be my HG.
$45 for a .32 oz pot. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2006 1:41:00 AM More reviews by annelau

My lips peel badly last month, so I bought this lip treatment and had high hope. Well, it saved my lips - stopped peeling, moisturized and nourished deeply. I usually dip this amount (o) by my finger, then apply thick layer to my lips evenly. I tried to apply thinner layer and it did nothing at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2006 2:56:00 PM More reviews by vmar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

La Mer's Lip Balm moisturizers lips very well. Softens lips after wearing just a few hours (leave on a generous amount overnight and will see soft, plumper lips in the am). During day, just need a very thin layer and can wear lipstick on top. Improves dry, chapped lips within a couple of days. Smells nice as well for a lip balm. Is very expensive, but quality is good and the product lasts about 4-5 months.

Update: 3/4/10: Don't know if the ingredients have changed, but this balm is no longer as effective as it was a few years ago. I get extremely dry/chapped/peeling lips in winter and from many lipstick brands that I may try on. When I first used this balm, it would relieve the lip condition overnight, if not within a day. Now, it takes days to help heal the cracked/peeling problem. Kiehl's doesn't work so much on me either. So far the best lip balm/conditioner I've found is Chanel's.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2006 12:14:00 PM More reviews by jas_mine

i'm sure there's something cheaper and better than this. i hate the minty flavour and it give a tingling sensation on the lips which i don't like