October 26, 2014 | 1069 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Imperialis

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2004 10:33:00 PM More reviews by tiggerfan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had a great initial response to this moisturizer, than bam, pimples (even on my neck!) a month later. It's very lightweight, but there is something in their moisturizers I just react to by breaking out. Considering how much I adore a lot of their other products, I'm not convinced for facial skincare stuff from LUSH yet. This is one skincare line what is good is very good (but hard to find) and what is bad for me is very bad for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2004 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Sara

I really like using this. I received a sample of this and I've used it along with the Angels on Bare Skin cleanser for over a week and it works very nicely. It moisturizes by leaving my skin soft, not greasy or oily at all. It's designed for combination skin and I think it does its job quite well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2004 3:02:00 AM More reviews by nemesis41

This may just be my favorite moisturizer ever. It smells lovely- of lavender and rose, and it's a pleasing pale pink color. And does it ever work- it's the first moisturizer that I've been happy with on my combination skin, and the first moisturizer I've ever used regularly. I will use this for many years to come.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2003 6:08:00 PM More reviews by vanja

I haven't had much luck with LUSH skin care in the past, but I decided to try Imperialis nonetheless since it sounded right up my alley (having combination skin and all).

Ok. This stuff REEKS. Almost every reviewer likes the smell of this moisturiser so I'm beginning to think that I got a bad one because mine smells of - I kid you not - tar. Tar with a bit of smoke thrown in for good measure. Not one bit like lily of the valley or jasmine tea as other reviewers have reported.

The cream itself is nice. Very nice. Absorbs quickly and doesn't leave a greasy film, yet it's moisturising enough even for drier parts of the face. Won't be enough in a month or so when it's getting really cold up here, but right now when my skin is dry-ish (as opposed to insanely dry) it works great. Doesn't break me out or irritate, either. However, the horrible stench...sorry, scent lingers for quite a while.

Would I repurchase Imperialis? Hmmm. Well. I'm not sure. I really like how it performs, but I like some attention from my SO every now and then, and he won't even come close to me while I'm wearing this.So no, I probably wouldn't repurchase (if, on the other hand, I got a bad one I'd definitely buy it again). continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2003 2:35:00 PM More reviews by trinity550

I won't be buying this again. I tried it in the store and fell in love with the smell so I picked some up. While it does make my combination skin feel softer, it also felt very oily and caused mild breakouts. Plus, the lid on the container I had (maybe it was a defective one?) would not seal tight so about 25% of the product eventually dried out over time.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2003 5:40:00 PM More reviews by kaur30

this is great. makes my face all smooth...and reduces shine definitely...although like nothing can stop it 100%..or i just haven't found anything that can. defintely better than superstore shit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2003 11:35:00 AM More reviews by egyptianprincess

I love this moisturizer! I've tried so many things and been disapointed, but this really seems to get my combinatino skin soft without making the oily areas too oily. I would rather it packaged in pump form, but otherwise, a wonderful product at a great price. Who can complain for let than $20 canadian? Not me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2003 8:36:00 AM More reviews by akane

I've been using this for few months now and it's great for my combo-skin. I use this during the day and leaves my skin moisturizes.No break outs either :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2003 8:50:00 PM More reviews by DeVarens

Excellent for my skin, leaves me feeling velvety soft. Not a single breakout in sight, and it smells divine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2003 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Girlie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm really loving this stuff right now. Have been using it for about a week and no adverse reactions which is a big plus in my book. I have ultra sensitive skin and most lotions cause me to break out (even the ones that claim they wont) but this stuff hasn't. The price seems a bit for such a small jar but the littlest bit goes a long way. Its thin and smells sweetly, of lily flowers (think lily of the valley). Seems to keep my combo skin happy. If you are unsure about try to bum a sample off someone or so, enough to try it out for a week. =)