MAC Please Me

4.2

on 12/10/2008 12:38:00 PM

SUCH a beautiful shade, a matte rosy pink. This one is a keeper for sure and every woman that likes to look sexy and playful from time to time should have this in their makeup bag. I had been looking for a shade like this for a long time.

on 8/9/2008 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I don't like doing color-specific reviews but that apparently seems to be what's going on in this category. I bought this on a whim because it looked so cute on me in the store. It's a powdery bubblegum pink which, believe me, I would NEVER think would work on me at all. I was worried when I left the lighting of the store that I would realize I'd made a mistake but it still looked great. I love the fact that it's matte. So many companies don't really make matte anymore and I personally like to control the amount of glossiness in a lipstick. It lasts a long time - the intensity diminishes a bit but that's to be expected with anything. It's my first MAC lipstick and I want to run out and buy another shade because I like this one so much.

on 7/23/2008 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My hands down favorite pink lipstick of the past three years or so...I've lost count of how many tubes of this I've purchased and completely used up! This is a lovely rich nude pink on me, if that makes sense. Its not wishy washy pastel, nor is it too dark and flat...it is easily warmed up or cooled down depending on the what type of gloss you use with it, or it is perfect all on its own. Pretty please, MAC, don't discontinue this gem.

on 7/7/2008 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Please Me is a gorgeous muted medium pink. It does have a matte finish yet is not at all drying. I personally think it is creamier than my satin MAC lipstick. This was my first MAC lipstick purchase and was pretty much just on a whim. I LOVE it. The color is so pretty and is very versatile. I usually wear it over a balm with no gloss on top. It's too pretty to be covered with a yucky gloss :] I recommend this color PLEASE ME 100%

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Please Me is a matte medium pink but no blue or lilac undertones. As a previous reviewer mentioned it can either be girly or sexy depending upon the rest of your make up. Wearing this I have recieved several comments from men about how "sexy" my lips are so that doesnt hurt in my esteem for this lipstick. Because its a matte and therefore pretty dry I find the staying power is really good, even when I wear clear gloss over it. Its really nice to find a pink toned lipstick thats now terribly blue and cool. I'd rebuy.

on 4/18/2008 7:53:00 PM

NC25, so I don't wear many true pinks. This is an exception. A fresh, girly, cotton candy pink, which can look innocent or sexy depending on what other makeup you have on. It is matte, so wear balm underneath. I do like to wear this color in all its matte glory, but for extra oomph, I apply Pretty Plush on top.

on 3/30/2008 12:15:00 AM

I was looking for a pretty fashion-forward matte pink that would brighten up the face and feel that Please Me has delivered! I like wearing this pretty pink with a bronze face - it's what I wanted Stila Lilium Convertible Colour to look on me without drying my lips! Please Me is pinker but I plan on using this like a CC - will try to pat this on the apples of my cheeks for coordinated blush-lips look. To be honest I this looks like a tacky drugstore pink colour I see on some older ladies but good formula makes it classier... Packaging is nothing special but that's ok because I was buying it for the colour. My only gripe is paying $35AUD when they're under like $20USD overseas??

on 3/7/2008 11:28:00 PM

I bought this because MAC discontinued their Emphatic lipstick and I was looking for something similar. This is a bit more rosey than Emphatic but is ok. It's a matte lipstick which has suprisingly good staying power. I like to put a gloss over it and that looks really nice as well.

Sometimes I even use this as a blush, and it looks amazing!!

on 2/11/2008 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is pretty close to the perfect pink. On me it's neutral, subtle and the formula is matte but not too dry. It compliments a smoky eye perfectly, and seems to be a pretty internationally flattering shade.

Please Me is kind of similar to Pink Plaid, but without the blue undertones. A fairly muted, true pink that I'd think looks good on more warm- or neutral-toned women as opposed to Pink Plaid, which seems like a cooler color. If you kind of like Pink Plaid but feel that it's too blue/cool, try Please Me instead. It's not super bright pink, but I wouldn't call it a nude either--it's too bright for that. It's a nice, casual muted pink (not dull, but not over-the-top My Little Pony bright pink either) that gives a girly, innocent feel and looks good with my brown hair and pale skin. Makes a nice flirty summer color (I wouldn't wear it to the office though). One lippie off because it's a tad drying without balm.

EDIT: Took off another lippie because, after a while, I decided this color is a little *too* pink for the natural/nude look I prefer. I'll stick to MAC's 3N for my pale pink lipstick color.

Popular Lipsticks