October 21, 2014 | 1911 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Amazing Grace cologne

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 11:01:00 AM More reviews by neener563

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is crazy.. I got a sample of this the same day I received my bottle of Avon Perfumed Liquid Deodorant.I put the AG on one wrist and the Avon on the other. Oh how I wanted to love the AG but to me the only thing Amazing about this is the price. I found myself loving the old Avon product better. To me it has more " body" for a fuller nose smell and the AG smells cheap. Sorry phil girls I just dont get the hype.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2008 3:31:00 PM More reviews by auntnett

I like the fragrance but not matter how I layer it, it simply does not last. Too costly to keep trying. I've tried the spray, body lotion, scrub, shampoo, etc. alone and all in conjunction with each other but it's always gone in no time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2008 2:47:00 PM More reviews by HollyMarie

Smelled this on a friend and thought it was lovely. Purchased for myself and it just does not smell as wonderful. Wore it for a couple days and though it is ok. Just did not LOVE it...Smells like a mixture of flowers and some kind of household cleaner??

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2007 3:50:00 PM More reviews by sollieday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Update: I gave this away. It reminded me of something from my junior high years that gave me bad memories. Some bath product I must have used. I wish I was better at placing those memories of scents so I could say what it was.

I am really surprised to like this considering that I am not at all in a phase in which I like musk scents, and also because I had tried it before and couldn't really smell anything on my skin. I have now purchased a tiny bottle of this and I am really enjoying it! As everyone has said, soft floral musk that's maybe a little powdery. Just a nice smell. I have tried soooooo many fragrances and I have found things I like, but sometimes I feel so overwhelmed by them. I was seeking a nice, "neutral" scent to wear as I stay at home and do my work each day. Nothing too in my face or too far from my life here at home, if that makes sense. I get headaches easily, and when I'm out and about I find I can tolerate a stronger or more special kind of scent, but when I'm at home, I really need it to blend in. This scent does a great job of that, while still being a noticeable fragrance that I can enjoy when I swish my hair, etc.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2007 9:47:00 AM More reviews by WenchMartha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Practically HG for me. I say practically because I do like to change up a bit. I've heard this described as like the fragrance version of your favorite jeans and I agree. I use this stuff everyday and I notice that when I do change fragrance to something else, whatever I've switched to hits me like a ton of bricks.

If you're expecting to smell this strongly on yourself all day long or you like more powerful scents, move along. This is subtle and I catch whiffs occasionally but both DH and DD say it's a great scent they associate now with me. I traditionally have always liked more oriental scents so I'm surprised how well this light floral has captured me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2007 11:41:00 PM More reviews by EatMoreSoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG fragrance. My mom introduced me to this, as well as everything else Philosophy. I enjoy smelling clean, not "perfumey", and this fragrance just makes me feel happy. The perfume oil roller ball lasts longer than the spray and I think it smells even better too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2007 9:49:00 AM More reviews by pale_blue_raindrop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Let me preface my review by saying I adore this fragrance, and would put it up there as being one of my all time favorites. However I must admit when I first tried it when it came out, I absolutely hated it. I don't really know why I did, I suppose peoples chemistry and tastes change over the years.

To me, this fragrance is a floral with a touch of musk. I think it's very feminine, unoffensive, and very fresh smelling making it a perfect scent for everyday. I especially use this fragrance during the day, reserving some of my heavier fragrances for night.

The lasting power of the Spray Fragrance is not really up to par I admit, but layering the body products with it seems to help quite a bit. Philosophy sure does have a ton of ancillary products concerning the Amazing Grace fragrance, some of which I'm still discovering (body lotion, hand cream, foot cream, perfumed roll-on, etc.)

I'll continue to buy this fragrance since I love it so much, but I will definitely buy the Eau de Parfum for future purchases.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 5:49:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

though the 3 in 1 smells a LOT better...it is a bit strong initially...after a few hrs or so...thats when it smells like the 3 in 1...my bf loves this scent on me....it doesnt smell too perfumy...its light...and a good scent for me when i work in the hospital....ita it doesnt last long so i use the emulsion b4 spritzing

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2007 2:42:00 PM More reviews by diva23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this perfume, and I always get compliments on how good I smell when I wear it. The one drawback is that it is so light and fades throughout the day, I bought the perfume oil to keep in my purse, which helps some, but I really wish Philosophy would improve the staying power. Layering the pefume with the body wash and lotion also helps, but it can get expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2007 2:50:00 AM More reviews by honeyhaze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This one was a whole lot of nothing for me. I'm not much of a scent person and the only other perfume I've purchased in the past several years was Pink Sugar (which I far prefer), so take that as you will...