April 19, 2014 | 1579 users online

Treatments - Biosilk - Silk Therapy

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by pecurina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love love love this serum. It has a great scent. It is not oily and will not leave your hair oily and heavy.
I like to use it after I blow dry and iron my hair.

This product is also excellent to use with alcohol as a binder for pressing eyeshadows.

I have used many serums like this but Silk Therapy goes a long way. A "can't go back" product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by ali7584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this product before ironing my hair and a little bit after to add silk/shine. If you use too much, you will have to wash your hair again. Be sure to close the cap once done bc if it falls over all of the product will be everywhere and it is not easy to clean up. (this has happened to me before) It smells great, people comment on the smell of my hair all the time. The most important thing with the silk therapy is "less is more." A pea size is needed for medium length thick hair.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by dinglingberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product for over 5 years now and I cannot live without it! I have long, thick, indian hair and this is the only product that tames down the frizzyness into a sleek do.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Artbum

I wish i could love this product, but in a word = Yuck.
Costs too much as a 'salon product' to result in dry, matte hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Remykat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This was the "it" product years ago, and when I decided to try it again, I remembered why I outgrew it in college. Yes, it does add serious shine. Yes, a teeny tiny bit is all you need. Yeah, smells nice even if you fry with a flat iron. But, the cons... so easy to overdo, and there is no going back once you do. You might as well wash and start over. Prolonged use, for me, just resulted in dryness. Leaks from under the cap like no other product in my arsenal. And, probably the worst, seems to attract dirt and dust. Now, you'll say "all serums do that, to an extent." No, the good ones don't. Biosilk does, especially if you overdo it. I might try this as a hot oil treatment, but I have a feeling that giant bottle will end up in the trash.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by debrafrizzle

my hair was really dry and frizzy and felt like straw so i put a ton of biosilk in my hair so it was drenched and then about 20 minutes later went to shower. shampoo, conditioner, then i combed it and put in my usual tresemme curling gel. when my hair dried it was full of life and my curls were bouncy and shiny! it didn't look greasy or anything! i'm really glad i had this idea!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by sdougan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Do not use if your hair is anti-protein. Dried my hair right up....almost brittle. Supposedly that is a normal response for some whose hair cant not tolerate protein. I think it just has a little too much alcohol in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2011 6:33:00 AM More reviews by Ab0u913c

For the price you would expect this to be a miracle product. I do love this, I use it after shampooing and conditioning on wet hair together with frizz ease thermal protection and then blow dry straight with a brush. I use a tiny amount only from the middle of my hair so it does not make my roots greasy. This makes my hair feel super soft and it looks incredibly shiny. Only problem is that it weighs down my hair a bit so it looses volume. I think it is worth it though. When this happens I usually apply a bit of dry shampoo to the roots and everything is fine.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had a small sample of this and used it on my wet hair.
I massaged it in my hair and rinsed it out and it left my hair feeling weighed down and greasy.
My hair felt clumped together in the back and a bit waxy, too. It leaves such a gross film that I've never really experienced before.
I wouldn't even want to try it on dry hair.

I think this would be good for women with very dry hair who have a very light hand in applying product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by leslieb

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I gess it is ok at smoothing fly aways but this is nothing special imo.