July 28, 2014 | 1928 users online

Hair Treatments - Biosilk - Silk Therapy

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by HollywoodIceQueen

It sucks to give this only 3 stars because I do like the results of it - it's just I didnt check the ingredients before I got this, and being a hair junkie, I found out there is alcohol in this and thats a huge no! You dont want alcohol in hair products because it dries out. Especially since your putting this on your ends! Like your damaging them straight up.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

my hair is very fine, flyaway, slightly wavy, easily tangled, breakage prone, split ends, slow to grow, and i dont dye or heat style my hair. i also have extremely oily roots. now onto the product

pros:
makes hair shiny
makes hair way less frizzy
makes my hair straighter and healthier looking
super soft hair
weighs flyaway hair down (a pro for me)
does not make my hair greasy (the way i use it)

cons:
smells exactly like rave hair spray. i do not know what this peachy nice smell is that other people smell. maybe they changed the scent because ive been using a bottle thats several years old and its the only bottle ive used.
the container should really allow it to dispense some other way
weighs hair down (pro for me, but con maybe for some curly haired girls)
very very easy to overdo it. use a dime size or less even on long hair, trust me. dont apply to roots especially if you have oily hair but thats obvious
I think it breaks me out but not sure

it hasnt dried out my hair yet but i havent been using it long enough..i initially tried this on dry hair years ago and thought it was really bad. then i read these reviews and tried it on wet hair and i am so glad i did.

if you've tried this dry and disliked it, try it wet. i only give it four stars because its not foolproof, you have to tweak your method until it works for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by cec233

I have been using the Silk Therapy for close to 10 years. My hair has always been dry and coarse but my hair stylist started commenting how frizzy my hair looked in the last few years, and I thought it was natural as I grew older, until I read a comment saying the silicone in hair products made hair dry and brittle! I kinda went into a panic and started searching for something to replace the Silk Therapy. Finally I bought a bottle of kerastase elixir ultime and a bottle of pure argan oil and the argan oil actually performs better and it's the cheapest (only a tiny amount is needed). Even my husband noticed the shine in my hair. From now on I will try to use only natural / organic products and stay away from synthetic stuff. Too bad I still had half a bottle of the silk therapy left.

I think it's ok to use the silk therapy but only occasionally. Prolong use may suffocate your hair, thus doing more harm than good.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by kimk89

awesome, love it.....does it what it says...only downside is the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by xxAnjelicaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite hair serum....it's worth paying $15-$30 a bottle for it, it does miraculous things for hair, and will be your best friend when flatironing or blow drying hair (and makes it much easier and protects against damage) but it has silk protein in it so if you hair hates protein, it may make your hair get weird since some peoples hair hates protein. The Wal-Mart here now sells professional beauty products cheaper than salons or Trade Secret, so I can get a large bottle of this for $13, and a large bottle will last a year, since you only use a pea or dime sized amount. As far as it goes, this is the best hair serum I have ever used, and really helps with damaged or color-treated hair. It's not oily or leaves a coating, so you can apply it to roots and scalp and not get greasy or limp hair, you can also use it on dry skin. The only issue with the packaging is that the stuff is very liquidy and runny, and it has a cap top, so if you leave it open and the bottle tips over, it spills EVERYWHERE.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by coolbracelet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

found this when i first went to the salon. the lady used it on my hair after straightening, and it looked magnificent! i don't like using a lot of product in my hair, since it's too fine, but this is good. it makes my hair super shiny, and has a lovely scent i personally love. idk if it's just me, but it didn't make my hair "perfectly" smooth, but well smoothed. i have somewhat frizzy hair, and it feels good on it. it doesn't take a lot of product (unless if you have really thick hair), so it's a good value.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by nlt87

This is amazing I've had my big bottle for about 2 years and I still have 3/4ths of it left. I put this in my hair whenever I straighten it it leaves my hair so smooth and actually smooths out my splitends it also makes your hands feel great and I love the smell. Typically I use 2 dime sized amounts after I straighten my hair and that's it I use it once a week if I feel my hair looks bad then I'll use more a few days later or something. Its pricey but so worth it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by CaliiSwagg

Love this!!

I love the smell and it leaves my hair silky smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Gorgeous123

I LOVE - I LOVE - I LOVE - I LOVE - I LOVE ! This Product !<3 It Leaves My Hair So Freaken BEAUTIFUL ! (NO LIE) I Will Def Buy This Over & Over Till I Die lol.. I Seriously Cannot Live With Out This ! <3 ITS THE BEST OUT OF THE BEST !

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by pecurina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love love love this serum. It has a great scent. It is not oily and will not leave your hair oily and heavy.
I like to use it after I blow dry and iron my hair.

This product is also excellent to use with alcohol as a binder for pressing eyeshadows.

I have used many serums like this but Silk Therapy goes a long way. A "can't go back" product.