October 30, 2014 | 1376 users online

Hair Treatments - Biosilk - Silk Therapy

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by charleyrupert

this product is great i love using it, you really need to be careful with the amount you use in your hair if you put too much your hair will become greasy if you have longer hair it shouldnt be a problem, other then that it smells great:)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Biosilk smells awesome. It makes my hair look good for almost a week. Then my hair turns into straw. Why? Because it contains alcohol which is very drying. It's also full of silicones which build up on the hair shaft. The build up doesn't let moisture into the hair shaft. Then you have dry hair and silicone build up that needs to be removed with a clarifying shampoo.
I have dry, curly coarse hair and this is a horrible product for it. Hairdressers always used to recommend this and would have to tell them it's horrible and dries my hair out.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 8:13:00 AM More reviews by jen0farc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG styling product, it makes hair so shiny and silky. The only downsides are the caps on the bottles I've purchased have had a tendency to crack and leak, and as other reviewers have suggested, a little goes a long way; so it can be easy to overdo it and go a bit greasy. But with my long hair my margin of error is bigger and I've rarely had a problem. A great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Bwampler612

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really good product, though i must say it is quite expensive, i would say its worth the money. Word of advice, i would recommend getting the smaller bottles because this will last you a VERY long time! I love the way it makes my hair feel so soft and adds shine! i love the smell as well :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Before discovering Moroccan Oil, this (and Osis Magic) were my go-to hair smoothers/treatments. My hair is thick and coarse and very prone to frizz in the humid summers in S. Ontario and Biosilk Silk Therapy imparted a lovely shine and silkiness to my hair and also helped combat frizz and static in winter. When Costco started carrying huge bottles of this for a very reasonable price, I was thrilled to be able to get 3 or 4 times the amount of product for the same price I paid for a tiny bottle at most salons.

While I've pretty much switched entirely to Moroccan Oil, I still do have Silk Therapy around in the house and I do use it from time to time. I think it's a great product, especially if you have thicker hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by HollywoodIceQueen

It sucks to give this only 3 stars because I do like the results of it - it's just I didnt check the ingredients before I got this, and being a hair junkie, I found out there is alcohol in this and thats a huge no! You dont want alcohol in hair products because it dries out. Especially since your putting this on your ends! Like your damaging them straight up.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

my hair is very fine, flyaway, slightly wavy, easily tangled, breakage prone, split ends, slow to grow, and i dont dye or heat style my hair. i also have extremely oily roots. now onto the product

pros:
makes hair shiny
makes hair way less frizzy
makes my hair straighter and healthier looking
super soft hair
weighs flyaway hair down (a pro for me)
does not make my hair greasy (the way i use it)

cons:
smells exactly like rave hair spray. i do not know what this peachy nice smell is that other people smell. maybe they changed the scent because ive been using a bottle thats several years old and its the only bottle ive used.
the container should really allow it to dispense some other way
weighs hair down (pro for me, but con maybe for some curly haired girls)
very very easy to overdo it. use a dime size or less even on long hair, trust me. dont apply to roots especially if you have oily hair but thats obvious
I think it breaks me out but not sure

it hasnt dried out my hair yet but i havent been using it long enough..i initially tried this on dry hair years ago and thought it was really bad. then i read these reviews and tried it on wet hair and i am so glad i did.

if you've tried this dry and disliked it, try it wet. i only give it four stars because its not foolproof, you have to tweak your method until it works for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by cec233

I have been using the Silk Therapy for close to 10 years. My hair has always been dry and coarse but my hair stylist started commenting how frizzy my hair looked in the last few years, and I thought it was natural as I grew older, until I read a comment saying the silicone in hair products made hair dry and brittle! I kinda went into a panic and started searching for something to replace the Silk Therapy. Finally I bought a bottle of kerastase elixir ultime and a bottle of pure argan oil and the argan oil actually performs better and it's the cheapest (only a tiny amount is needed). Even my husband noticed the shine in my hair. From now on I will try to use only natural / organic products and stay away from synthetic stuff. Too bad I still had half a bottle of the silk therapy left.

I think it's ok to use the silk therapy but only occasionally. Prolong use may suffocate your hair, thus doing more harm than good.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by kimk89

awesome, love it.....does it what it says...only downside is the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by xxAnjelicaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite hair serum....it's worth paying $15-$30 a bottle for it, it does miraculous things for hair, and will be your best friend when flatironing or blow drying hair (and makes it much easier and protects against damage) but it has silk protein in it so if you hair hates protein, it may make your hair get weird since some peoples hair hates protein. The Wal-Mart here now sells professional beauty products cheaper than salons or Trade Secret, so I can get a large bottle of this for $13, and a large bottle will last a year, since you only use a pea or dime sized amount. As far as it goes, this is the best hair serum I have ever used, and really helps with damaged or color-treated hair. It's not oily or leaves a coating, so you can apply it to roots and scalp and not get greasy or limp hair, you can also use it on dry skin. The only issue with the packaging is that the stuff is very liquidy and runny, and it has a cap top, so if you leave it open and the bottle tips over, it spills EVERYWHERE.