Biosilk Silk Therapy

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40-B, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol,Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance)Hexyl Cinnamic Aldehyde, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Gamma Methyl Ionone, Citronellol, Lilial, Hydroxy Citronellol, Geraniol, Eugenol. Silk Therapy Lite: Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenyl Trimethicone,C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Fragrance (Parfum),Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, GeraniolHydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool.

on 3/21/2012 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Ah, love the smell of this. My grandmother used to put this in my hair every time she would brush it for me as a child. The smell of this reminds me of her and that's why I love it.(Love you grandma<3) Anyways, onto the actual product. This is literally a miracle worker for hair. If you need a quick softness & shine fix this is great. It is pretty thick, and has the consistency of thick olive oil. It applies easily and you can do it in less than 30 seconds. Afterward, it does leave a wierd oily film on your hands, but I wipe it off with a napkin. Also this stuff is pretty expensive, but you can find it for pretty cheap at JCPenney or Target. Cheap as in under $40. Otherwise, it's pretty pricey, but if you don't use this every day you'll be fine. What I do is pour a quarter size in my hands, rub my hands together and then gently run my finger (and hands) through my hair starting with the middle section, then bottoms, and whatever is left over at the top. Packaging is slim which I am satisfied with and has a cute shape. This is the best hair serum I have ever tried, and I own almost 10, just sitting around my house and purse in case I need a quick softness or shine boost.

on 3/15/2012 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I like this better than Chi Silk Infusion. I've used both seperately for months on end and this one makes hair feel softer much smoother and shinier! Will repurchase!

on 3/15/2012 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am totally amazed. My brother is highly allergic to lye in concrete and we have tried everything to heal his cracked hands. Baby oil or vasoline with white gloves over hands did not work. Then by accident he got my biosilk on his hands and the next day seen improvement then after a week his hand started to heal. If it can heal his damaged manly hands then it really can repair hair.

Im blonde and I have to dye my roots alot and because of that my hair gets really dry and I have been looking for a product that dont dry my hair out and that doesnt cause oilyness and my hair dresser told me to just try this and I did and i love it! It makes my hair so silky and it looks healthy not dirty and i was my hair about 3 or 4 times a week and Im still able to apply this and it hasnt cause it to look nasty!

on 2/29/2012 4:43:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

It's a good product if you need a quick fix of shine and softness.
I find it to dry up after a few hours making your hair dryer than before application.
I won't buy it again, there are many better serums out there.

on 2/16/2012 10:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Great product. I have thick middle eastern hair. This works dry, wet, after blow drying, after flat ironing. Just makes my hair feel much better, smoother, shinier, eliminated frizz.
Do not use too much when using!

on 2/15/2012 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is part of my holy grail team of products. I have been using it for years. I apply it before blow drying AND after on the ends. It makes my hair SO soft...and beautifully scented. I think you do really need to use caution when applying. I have thick, coarse hair and use only a pea sized amount before blow drying...and even less after. My mother used some of this one day (when she ran out of her product) and used too much... It made her hair so greasy she had to rewash. I keep a tiny bottle in my travel kit (was $0.99 at Ulta), and refill it from a larger bottle as needed. The larger bottles vary in price from $9.00 to around $35.00. A large bottle usually lasts me a year. No joke.

on 2/3/2012 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I'm very undecided on this product. You really have to be careful about how much you use. If you use too much, you pretty much have to wash your hair because your hair turns into an oil slick.. so start off with a tiny bit. It's good for making your hair smooth and feel nice, but I don't think it actually improves the hair quality at all.. just coats it so it feels silky.

LOVE. I have relatively wavy hair that's prone to fly aways, but after using this product it helps make my hair look and feel so much more tamed. I feel that the best time to use it is after blow drying or straightening your hair, because it helps mold it. Only apply to hair ends, avoid roots!

on 1/26/2012 1:02:00 PM

I used to use this all the time for a long time, at least 7 years. I used to love it, but I stopped using it after discovering products that work better. The smell of this isn't terrible, but after a while I couldn't stand the smell of this anymore. I have thick hair that's hard to make greasy, but this product managed to make my hair oily. It does contain a lot of alcohol, but I don't neccesarily remember this drying out my hair. I do remember my hair being frizzy when using this, that's probably due to the alcohol. I find Chi silk infusion, macadamia's healing oil, healthy sexy hair's soy renewal oil, & Paul Mitchell's super skinny serum to work better than Biosilk. I wouldn't buy this again because there are too many products that work better than this.

Top Rated Biosilk Products