December 18, 2014 | 1531 users online

Hair Treatments - Biosilk - Silk Therapy

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Im blonde and I have to dye my roots alot and because of that my hair gets really dry and I have been looking for a product that dont dry my hair out and that doesnt cause oilyness and my hair dresser told me to just try this and I did and i love it! It makes my hair so silky and it looks healthy not dirty and i was my hair about 3 or 4 times a week and Im still able to apply this and it hasnt cause it to look nasty!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2012 4:43:00 AM More reviews by BonitaY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It's a good product if you need a quick fix of shine and softness.
I find it to dry up after a few hours making your hair dryer than before application.
I won't buy it again, there are many better serums out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by CG1981

Great product. I have thick middle eastern hair. This works dry, wet, after blow drying, after flat ironing. Just makes my hair feel much better, smoother, shinier, eliminated frizz.
Do not use too much when using!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by TheGoodSwan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is part of my holy grail team of products. I have been using it for years. I apply it before blow drying AND after on the ends. It makes my hair SO soft...and beautifully scented. I think you do really need to use caution when applying. I have thick, coarse hair and use only a pea sized amount before blow drying...and even less after. My mother used some of this one day (when she ran out of her product) and used too much... It made her hair so greasy she had to rewash. I keep a tiny bottle in my travel kit (was $0.99 at Ulta), and refill it from a larger bottle as needed. The larger bottles vary in price from $9.00 to around $35.00. A large bottle usually lasts me a year. No joke.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Leannne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm very undecided on this product. You really have to be careful about how much you use. If you use too much, you pretty much have to wash your hair because your hair turns into an oil slick.. so start off with a tiny bit. It's good for making your hair smooth and feel nice, but I don't think it actually improves the hair quality at all.. just coats it so it feels silky.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 2:49:00 AM More reviews by BrigittaNicole

LOVE. I have relatively wavy hair that's prone to fly aways, but after using this product it helps make my hair look and feel so much more tamed. I feel that the best time to use it is after blow drying or straightening your hair, because it helps mold it. Only apply to hair ends, avoid roots!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I used to use this all the time for a long time, at least 7 years. I used to love it, but I stopped using it after discovering products that work better. The smell of this isn't terrible, but after a while I couldn't stand the smell of this anymore. I have thick hair that's hard to make greasy, but this product managed to make my hair oily. It does contain a lot of alcohol, but I don't neccesarily remember this drying out my hair. I do remember my hair being frizzy when using this, that's probably due to the alcohol. I find Chi silk infusion, macadamia's healing oil, healthy sexy hair's soy renewal oil, & Paul Mitchell's super skinny serum to work better than Biosilk. I wouldn't buy this again because there are too many products that work better than this.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 4:06:00 AM More reviews by Sunshineyaaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Leaves your hair feeling very silky and super soft. Help tame flyaways. Don't use too much at your roots or you will look greasy. Concentrate on your ends.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by charleyrupert

this product is great i love using it, you really need to be careful with the amount you use in your hair if you put too much your hair will become greasy if you have longer hair it shouldnt be a problem, other then that it smells great:)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Biosilk smells awesome. It makes my hair look good for almost a week. Then my hair turns into straw. Why? Because it contains alcohol which is very drying. It's also full of silicones which build up on the hair shaft. The build up doesn't let moisture into the hair shaft. Then you have dry hair and silicone build up that needs to be removed with a clarifying shampoo.
I have dry, curly coarse hair and this is a horrible product for it. Hairdressers always used to recommend this and would have to tell them it's horrible and dries my hair out.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No