Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

3.4

on 3/24/2007 10:05:00 PM

I did not like this product at all.
I bought the fair powder, and it made me look sickly pale. And I already have pale skin.
It looked very caked on and un-natural. Smell is horrible. Took me an hour to simply open the thing.

I usually love cover girl products, but this has to be one of the worst products I have ever tried.

on 12/20/2006 9:53:00 PM

when i was younger my mom used this- and i LOVE it im surprised the reviews werent better for this idk i love everthing about this loose powder i use the puff but usually will buy a new pufff every few weeks for the cleanliness factor ive never broken out from using it and i have been known to break out easily.

This stuff is terrific! I have a jar on my dresser and i always dab some on before i go out, wherever Iam going and it just absorbs everything and it just is nice and soft and gives good coverage and i love it=D. I also put some on my neck. I wish i could carry it with me!

on 11/19/2006 9:39:00 PM

Love this stuff....one little jar lasts forever. I have had several of these and have never had a reason to switch to a more finely milled powder. This one is cheap and works fabulously. The container is bothersome at times...I have to figure out a way to shake the powder out without getting it all over me!

on 11/11/2006 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to like this powder; it's cheap and I can find it anywhere. I rarely break out, and this powder has produced a constellation of zits all over my face (I use a brush, not the puff). I'm pretty dry, so I only use loose powder once in the morning to set my make-up, so this powder would've lasted forever. I will not repurchase, unfortunately.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Overall good product. Does build up quickly and look cakey, but a proper application stops this from happening. The puff is like bacteria heaven, so a brush is better to use with it.

Well, I've used this for years. It's an okay product...not great, but not horrible. I kind of like the smell, to be honest, and the lightest shade fits my skin tone pretty well. However, I despise the packaging. I never use the little puff that comes with it--I use a powder brush, and the product gets everywhere. I'm constantly leaving the house unaware that there's a ton of loose powder sprinkled all over the front of my top. I use it to set my makeup and it does a decent job, but I'm starting to want something a bit more silky and finely milled. I've been trying to avoid shelling out major bucks for a good loose powder, but I think I'm finally going to cave in and buy NARS.

on 7/2/2006 7:48:00 AM

I really don't like this product. I used to use it in middle school, when I would use it just because it made me feel like a movie star. But if I use it NOW, it is disguisting. By the end of the day, it almost melts off and turns orange, even when I use the lightest shades. It feels thick, almost like a couple more layers of skin, and that really annoys me. it also tends to get all over the place when I use it.

Not the worst I used, but not my HG. When applied with the pouf, I find it to be too sheer. So I use a big blush brush and it works better. I apply it sometimes over my foundation and it gives fine results. Probably won't repurchase, will try something else.

on 5/11/2006 7:01:00 PM

Good colores and great for setting up make-up BUT!!! contains QUATERNIUM 15 wich is according to my studying book is "the geatest formaldehyde releaser among all cosmetic preservatives causing dermatitis and allergies". Formaldehyde was prohibited for usig as sanitizer years ago due to the concern that it might be cancercausing.
I didn't know that it contains quaternium 15 at first and noticed that I was getting headaches. I also had eyeshadow trio that contains this preservative and got bright pink irritationg on the corner of my eye. Another product that contan's it is their powder bronzer.
Girls watch out for quaternium 15 and take care!