April 19, 2014 | 1915 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Milk & Honey Body Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2008 4:51:00 PM More reviews by soandso

Let me clarify... I would buy this product again if it was on sale or if I got it as a gift. The scent is really heavy and the color looks like, well, spoiled milk and honey. It does a good job moisturizing, like most of the Burt's line. It does leave a bit of a greasy film on your hands, but overall it's nice. It's just getting past the sticky-sweet smell...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 1:33:00 AM More reviews by jusch_box

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Blech. The smell of this is SO thick and sickly sweet. It's tolerable when it's first applied, but it gets worse as it warms on the skin, IMO. Plus ,it is so runny and thin; something like this should really come in a pump bottle. I am not a fan. At all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2008 12:29:00 AM More reviews by departureofskies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lotion is great. It smells really yummy, but the scent is definitely too strong if you want to wear perfume over it. It didn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin. The texture is pretty runny but it is very moisturizing. The price is a bit much considering the size of the bottle but it is totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2008 9:37:00 AM More reviews by goshiegracie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a great lotion. Smells amazing (reminds me of peppermint)
-though may be overwhelming to some-, nice consistancy, feels very silky, absorbs very quickly and leaves my skin nice and moisturized. The consistancy of this lotion is thinner, so if you're one of those people who like the really thick (think cocoa butter) lotions, this may not be for you. I also really liked that this lotion is made from natual ingredients as I'm allergic to so many lotions, and it really soothed my eczma.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2008 11:44:00 PM More reviews by iamtr0uble

I love Burt's Bees, but unfortunately this lotion just smelled funky to me. Good texture, good moisturizer, but I guess just not my kind of scent. I much more prefer the burt's bees baby buttermilk lotion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this little lotion! MUAers, if you are interested in learning about "safe" products, visit the this website http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/ where the Burt's Bees products - including this lotion - get some very good ratings. It has a soft scent with no greasy after-feel and is pretty darn inexpensive. You can find very reasonably-priced trial sizes in the little Burt's Bees kits (where I first tried it). Those kits allow you to try lots of the BB products at a low cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2008 12:22:00 AM More reviews by piniu

I love burt's bees milk & honey body lotion! It's so moisturizing! Honestly after comparing this product with Olay's famous quench body lotion(my first day of use), I decided to review this product.It's much better than quench lotion! I have been using burt bees for a year and no problem for the cold dry winter time! I will go for burt's bees again after finishing the olay body lotion which I dont quite like

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2008 12:37:00 AM More reviews by thatgirlangie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this lotion! It keeps my ultra dry winter skin soft and moisturized, and I love the scent. It blends well with the perfumes I use; I don't find it at all overpowering. Also a bonus: it's helping me get rid of the psoriasis on my elbows. The only issue I have with the lotion is the packaging. The ultra thick plastic bottle takes some effort to squeeze when you have wimpy hands and wrists like me. I will definitely repurchase though--it's my HG body lotion!

EDIT: I still love this stuff and am about to purchase another bottle. I don't think it gets rid of my psoriasis, but it keeps it at bay a bit. My mom, who is very sensitive right now from chemotherapy, really liked it when she came to visit. She had no reaction to it, and enjoyed the way it feels and smells.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

I bought this in a 3 pack of travel size burts lotions. Its a very very good lotion. Lightly scented, moisturizes well, and I love that its milk and honey. So soothing. Not greasy. Make sure to shake before use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2008 11:01:00 AM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

I really wanted to like this .. but I couldn't get past the smell. To me it was much too strong, and sweet, mixed with something else that I just didn't like. I didn't even manage to use half the bottle before giving it away.
As far as how it worked, for me it was just OK. It moisturized some, but mostly seemed to sit on my skin, and refuse to soak in, which is rare for me since my skin is so dry. It didn't manage to keep dryness away for very long, and I kept straying back to other lotions, even when I was trying to make myself use this.
When my best friend came into my dorm room and basically said "eww, what's that smell?" it cinched the deal, and I offered it to everyone who came past my room until I found someone who liked it.