Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

water, decyl cocoate, glycerin, sunflower seed oil, beeswax, fragrance*, shea butter, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate citrate, polyglyceryl-3 stearate, coconut oil, olive fruit oil, grape seed oil, nonfat dry milk, milk powder, honey, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, rosemary leaf extract, tocopherol, beta-carotene, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, soybean oil, canola oil, lactic acid, citric acid, sodium stearoyl lactylate, sodium benzoate, magnesium aluminum silicate, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl cinnamate, citral, coumarin, limonene. *natural fragrance

on 10/10/2008 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I only give it a one for the smell. For those who also dislike the smell, the Burt's Bees Aloe & Buttermilk one will solve that problem.

I just felt the smell was too overpowering and strange, especially added to the other fragrances we all use on a regular basis, it was too much.

on 10/8/2008 2:56:00 PM

Okay, I don't have much to say on the consistency, moisturizing power, price, or package-- they all appear to be fine.
What I absolutely have to comment on is what I think this smells like. I am a total freak but I swear to you that what this reminds me of is a combination of beeswax and dried tobacco. Told ya. I'm weird. But there it is nonetheless.

on 10/5/2008 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i bought this lotion after i discovered the lip balm- i thought it'd be awesome but it turned out to be quite the opposite. i don't like the way it smells, or how watery it is, but it does the job well. not to the extent of say, body butter, which this is not, but it's handy for some quick elbow/leg lotioning when i'm at home. i would never leave my house smelling like this lotion!

on 10/4/2008 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this lotion! It smells amazing and mousturizes very well! It is a bit pricey for lotion, but is well worth it. Will buy again

on 9/28/2008 11:42:00 PM

This lotion is great for summer because it is very light and non-greasy. I also found that it absorbs quickly. The smell dissipates in about half an hour to an hour. The only thing I did not appreciate was how runny it was ☹ I will definitely buy another bottle again.

on 9/28/2008 7:00:00 PM

I have to say this is the first lotion I have ever purchased that actually moisturized my skin and didn't require constant reapplying. I bought it when I was on my 'natural stuff kick' and have found it to be (pardon the pun here - it's only mildly intentional) the bee's knees.
The consistency is a bit runny and it is easy to squeeze out much more than you actually need. I have to be rather careful with it. Once it is applied to my skin, the difference is immediately noticeable. It doesn't feel gummy, waxy or too slick. It's hard to explain - my hands feel...supple?
The smell is another story. Though I don't particularly dislike it, it is definitely unique. I personally think it smells like Play - Doh (no joke), yet everyone at my job says it smells like suntan lotion. This is more of an annoyance than anything as I can only come up with so many witty retorts over the course of 8 hours that I had to quit taking it to work. I had to resort to using sub par cheapo lotion after I washed my hands, which I have to reapply often btw.
This is definitely a staple in my household now (as long as Target doesn't keep selling out of it, grrr! Walgreens charges a little more and they are my last resort - the lotion is expensive as it is already).

on 9/27/2008 8:53:00 PM

I looove the smell of this! It's also nice and light, sinks into your skin quickly, and is a lot less greasy than most other Burt's Bees products. I keep a little bottle of this in my purse for my hands. I'm not sure it would work for really super dry skin, but for everyday it's fine.

on 9/22/2008 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

awesome! absolutely amazing!: ) love this stuff. love the smell. it's paraben and phthalate free! contains milk powder, vitamin e , honey. ect. ect. $8.99 8 fl oz. 98.25 % natural! :) great BURT'S BEES!:)

on 9/20/2008 4:06:00 AM

I looove the smell of this lotion. It smells the best! Best of all...NO PRESERVATIVES or other crap. I used to use Jergen's Shea butter and I loved the way it smelled but it had paraben's in it and hydrogenated stuff...I just felt yucky after putting it on....but this Burt's bee's lotion smells amazing (not too intense) and it definitely moisturizes my body! My BF loves the smell. It is expensive, but you can also get it off eBay for less if you don't want to pay the $8.99.

on 9/3/2008 10:24:00 PM

I love this stuff!! I get sooo many compliments on how nice I smell after I put it on, not to mention that it does a great job moisturizing and soaking into my skin. The only down side is that it is a bit runny, but it's mostly all natural (aside from some fragrance, which to say the least is WAY better than a lot of other lotions) so I dont mind that it is a bit runny and you sometimes get too much out of the bottle. It's ok, I just end up moisturizing more than my hands, which I should do anyway. I got my first sample size bottle in a swap and I will definitely be buying this stuff again!