The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, t-Butyl Alcohol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol.

on 2/3/2010 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this tea tree oil. I've been using it for about 6-7 years now. I used to have really bad skin but after adding this to my nightly regimen it has really helped to heal blemishes and even reduce some scarring from acne before. I use this after I wash my face and apply toner. I just dab it straight onto any problem areas and then apply a good moisturizer. It does not dry out my skin and I actually like the smell. :) I know there are a ton of other uses for it but haven't really tried..this is definitely a must have in stock for me.

I applied this on my blemishes for a while and it didn't improve my acne overall. I'm not sure but I think this clogged my pores even more since new zits popped up wherever I applied the tea tree oil instead of decreasing them. So I won't be repurchasing.

on 1/18/2010 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

this does work nicely and dries out my zits. I apply at night and follow with either the TBS tea tree gel or Mario Badescu. It costs $9.00 USD, so if you're in the US and are paying more for it, something's wrong. Overall, it's a nice product

on 1/3/2010 1:18:00 PM

I got this for Christmas last year, so I'm not exactly sure how much it costs... maybe about 12 bucks for that tiny little bottle?
This product didn't do much for me, it's just regular tea tree oil you can buy from anywhere! It dried my zits up a little bit.. but when my skin got very dry, I had to stop using it because it was soo hard to regain the moisture in that spot after a while.
If you think tea tree oil is a miracle worker, whohoo for you (my brother swears by it). Save your money and purchase a bigger bottle and your local drugstore, or wal-mart even.

on 1/2/2010 3:27:00 PM

This stuff worked for about a week, but then I think my skin got used to it because then it stopped working at all and started drying my skin out. It doesn't smell that great either.

on 1/2/2010 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I first started using this (like the first two times) I was so amazed! Because it really works!! But within the week after, it stopped working. I think I might have used it too much and I have a lot of acne so I put it on my whole face basically and I think it lost its effect cuz I used it too much :(. I don't even feel the tingle anymore unless I use it after I scrub my face. I do recommend this product and after using it for the first few days I was thinking of how I should repurchase it the next time because I got it in the starter kit. But now, I don't think I'll repurchase just because it lost its effect... I think I need something stronger. Then again, I have a lot of acne. For people with mild or mediocre amounts of acne I would totally recommend this!

on 1/2/2010 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is a lovely natural remedy for treating blemishes. After I cleanse and that, I put a little bit on my skin in trouble areas and it really works! By the next day my blemishes are downsized and on their way to healing. It's super good. I got this in the starter kit (which costed me fifteen bucks in a sale) but according to the sales assistant it costs twenty odd bucks individualy! Rip off! But I totally would repurchase. Anyway, use sparingly.

on 12/23/2009 10:57:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I use this for my pimples and it works pretty well. My pimples and redness on pimples will reduce after around 2 days.

If i'm not mistaken, my skin type is sensitive with rosacea.. so i tried it on my red cheeks as well.. it does not help :(

Anyway is a great product for pimples and the ingredient doesn't contain any that will irritate skin.. will repurchase if i run out :)

I lOVE this stuff!!! so great for clearing up my blemishes and is really moisturising to my t-zone! Such an excellent product for the price and is a MAJOR staple in my skincare routine.

on 11/24/2009 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Its a bit pricey, but I usually buy it during the Body Shop warehouse sale or when sometimes there are some offers going at 2 for 1 price. Its one of the few essential oils worth stocking up on. I usually dab it over a pimple that has just burst. It helps to reduce the inflammation and has antibacterial properties that stops the infection from spreading to the the skin around the pimple. It reduces to just a small blemish after one day and with continued use, the blemish entirely disappears after 3 to 4 days (if you don't scratch at it :))

EDIT: The same effect can be obtained from any tea tree oil actually. I would recommend larger bottles of pure tea tree oil sold at organic stores. More product for your dollar's worth.

Popular Treatments (Face)