July 28, 2014 | 2038 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2009 3:21:00 PM More reviews by dawnong

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Pretty expensive for sucha small bottle. then again, only need minimal amount each time. still ok. healed my tiny zits in a day. except that the smell is really overwhelming! sometimes the smell stings my eye. But I will buy again for sure! I find that this baby eliminates the blackheads on my nose too!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by yiqi8910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

a huge disappointment! i didn't see any result... my acne didn't get any better. however, it does feel very nice after applying, very "minty" and a cool, refresh feeling

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Kay789

Save your money and go to a health food store to buy the real thing, not a mere useless copy of it. I cannot believe the body shop makes people pay the full price of a real bottle of tea tree oil when theirs only contain 15% of it. This product sucks! I have a few different tea tree oil which all have 100% concentration and work wonderfully because of it, and also sometimes cost less than the body shop one. When buying tea tree oil, just make sure the ingredient is 100% tea tree oil, otherwise, it won't work. I use it as a disinfectant for small cuts, and to dry out or to prevent blemishes, and you catch it in time, you will never see that pimple appear.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2009 5:29:00 AM More reviews by nabz

I'm a little on the fence with this product in terms of its efficacy. I do think it has helped heal and 'kill' some of the random zits but on others it has done nothing (I suppose it depends on the type of zit you have, cystic, or comedones etc.)

Apart from that I have to confess I am in looove with the smell of TTO. I might be the only one who absolutely loves the herbal fresh scent since everyone seems to complain about the smell a lot on this site. Sometimes when I'm done dabbing the zit, i dot a drop on my wrist so i get to smell it throughout. ain't that weird? gosh they should make a perfume out of this

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by juujuuandtangguo

....I LOVE this product!!
I have to admit I was a bit skeptical at first about buying this product, but I finally convinced myself to try it and luckily I did! I have very acne prone skin but after using this for five days or so, most of my pimples were either smaller or even gone! The only problem is that I do use alot of this product and I use about a bottle every two weeks. So that's $9 CAD every two weeks & might be a bit expensive for some. But for me, it's definatley worth it <3

UPDATE: My skin got used to this product so I only use it once everyday now. I alternate between my Clean & Clear Persagel which I use at night and this in the morning. (I took off a lippie for that)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2009 2:19:00 PM More reviews by summerlady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I swear by it! Tea tree oil is the best for a light break out! To me it doesnt matter what brand it is. Whenever I see a lil spot I just use a cotton ball to apply some oil on the spot (not too much). The next day, its gone without leaving a mark. Although I hate the smell! Too strong IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 5:26:00 AM More reviews by chipin

I don't want to jinx it, but this product works well with me. Whenever i feel a new bump, i just apply this and next day the bump goes away. It might leave a mark though, but it works. I think that tiny bottle lasted for almost 2 to 3 years for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Raeofsunshine101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing! It comes in a very small bottle and is extremely concentrated, I only apply very little with a q-tip directly on the breakout. The smell may bother some people, as it is very strong but I really like it. I don't know if it would work for severe acne because I only get the occasional breakout.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by SanjediMasta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I usually use this to disinfect spots on my face and use another product to uctually get rid of the spots.
But rececntly I found it was really good for something else; on ym arms I had a slight rash from something and then it got slightly spotty :( Not major pimples though, more like lttle baby ones here and there. Anyway, I mixed someof this tea tree oil with water and glycerin in a spray bottle and sprayed it on my arms and rubbed it in before going to bed. A few days later and my arms were completely clear! They also felt firmer and glowed!!
I know that's a weird use for the product but now my mum des the same and it's working for her too so I just thought I'd mention it!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by sharonkumar

This just BURNS my skin.(must be the alcohol or something) Never will I ever purchase.