Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 10/23/2013 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

JUST DIDNT LIKE THE WAY MY LIPS FELT WITH THESE. ID RATHER BABY LIPS OR NIVEA

best lip balm ever. i always stock up on these. i love the tingly feeling u get with these. they really work.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

i love this it minty it leaves this cold tingeling feeling smell great its mostly organic with it bees wan and oils it mousterizes leaves no tint with i like becuse its also great for boys to have to and it haves a feeling of freshness to it (Hint some people say its not good for summer but al you got to do id put it in the fridge and then it leaves this cool feeling to it when you go out

on 10/13/2013 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

GREAT FOR WINTER BUT NOT FOR SUMMER

This iconic lip balm feels rich and minty fresh thanks to the peppermint oils in it... but here's one thing... the main ingredient in here is beeswax which makes it the best choice in the winter but not in summer.

Beeswax or any wax for that matter acts as a moisture locker then applied on the skin which means it won't let any moisture out yay! but also will not let any moisture in... During the cold season this is a good thing cause you don't need any of that outside moisture in as it's temperature is too cold and will crack your skin but in the warmer seasons your lips really need to breathe so beeswax in not the best idea.... to me this product is the cold cream for lips... because it works on the same principle...

on 10/6/2013 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great lip balm. Keeps my lips soft, moist, and protected from sun and cold. Doesn't give my lips that greasy sitting on top of my skin feel.

on 10/1/2013 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is the worst chapstick that you can ever use.
It smells horrible and dries out your lips.

on 10/1/2013 3:44:00 PM

It had been about a decade since I last bought a tube of this lip balm, and I had high expectations for the awesomely peppermint-y balm I loved so long ago. It's one of the only balms I'd ever bought more than twice, and it was the only balm I'd ever used right down to the end of the tube and scooped out the remaining product. I'd even turned my mum on to it. Neither of us ever left the house without a tube of it in our bags.

Fastforward to August of this year. I excitedly purchased a new tube of this. For me it was the makeup equivalent of comfort food - it was a perfectly comforting balm that made my lips look and feel great and I loved how much peppermint scent (but not flavour) there was. With much fanfare in my mind, I uncapped the tube and applied it to my eagerly waiting lips.

*cue the sad trombone*

The formula of this balm has changed drastically. It tugged on the skin on my lips like nothing else I've ever tried. Chalking that up to a cold product that was new, I thought that after a few times of using it the balm would soften up and return to the easy, smooth texture of the balm I remembered. Nope. It still tugs on my skin every time I apply it, not to mention the hard texture of the stick means not very much of the product actually makes it onto my lips. Even the product that does get on my lips is not nearly as moisturizing as I fondly remember it being. This new formula is a massive let-down.

The stong peppermint scent is still the same, but that's seems to be about the only thing that's the same about it.

While I *might* be willing to try the other new balms Burt's Bees now offers, I'm sad to say I'll be on the lookout for another, better peppermint lip balm.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I think this product is all hype. I mean, it's ok, but not a really good lipbalm. It just feels like wax and does nothing really for my lips.

on 9/8/2013 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Burts Bees was the best until.... recently. Not sure when they changed the ingredients or what happened to the old formulation. It is no longer soft smooth and creamy like honey. It has a waxy, thich, chalky feel that does not seem to smooth out my lips but rather dry them out more. Disappointed and worse I have been telling others to buy this, not realizing they changed the product. The smell is not the wonderful smell I tried years ago. Passion fruit still smells nice but the basic version is just boring.

The negatives...
1) Does not last
2) Does not make my lips feel better
3) Seems to dry them out and I can only imagine it would be worse this winter
4) Pricey (you would be better off buying a jar of vasaline)
5) I do not think this has any honey in the product.

Try Aquaphor or Nivea.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like Burts Bees lip balms but they are way too expensive....rip off...even on special they are too dear.

Popular Lip Treatments