April 18, 2014 | 916 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Tea Tree line

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2003 6:31:00 PM More reviews by kyttikat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am in love with this conditioner. It makes my scalp feel all cold and tingly and it's soo addictive. Really feels like it conditions my hair, too. The best part: even after I rinse off the conditioner, the tingly sensation stays with me for a while. Mmmm.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2003 2:21:00 AM More reviews by glassofwater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is addicting. I am not a sadist by any means, but I think I should mention that this stuff almost hurts. It has a burning sensation, and I like it. I would think that the sensation might be an indication that this shampoo is not good for my hair, in fact I think it is drying it out. I don't use this shampoo for my hair, no I use it to burn my scalp, and I LIKE IT.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2003 10:04:00 PM More reviews by lil_me

I love this when I need a minty wake-up call!! It perks me right up in the shower! My hair loves it! The tingle is fantastic! I use both the shampoo and conditioner. I knew this was a keeper so I bought the gallon size bottles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2002 2:02:00 PM More reviews by abbykariya

i love this shampoo! it's the only shampoo i use! lol i've tried many other shampoos! but i always go back to this shampoo. with a very nice minty/tea tree scent...it's nice! doesn't dry my hair, and it's definately worth the extra price for shampoos (around $25CDN for a medium sized bottle)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2002 2:53:00 AM More reviews by bablondie25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Works okay for hair dandruff, smells good, but you get sick of it after awhile. I bought a huge bottle of shampoo and conditioner, and threw them out, because I was sick of it after awhile. It's just an average shampoo and conditioner, with a nice smell is all. Nothing special.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2002 12:24:00 PM More reviews by scooper

This stuff is ok. I bought it during the summer/fall season change period. It worked well at first then got complacent and I got more flakes! That's when I decided to use Nizoral in conjuction with this, using Nizoral every 2 or 3 days. That has worked but I'm not sure if its the Nizoral or the Tea Tree that is working.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2002 3:17:00 PM More reviews by leighmelton

This isn't a general use shampoo for most folks, I wouldn't think. My stylist recommended it to me when some flakes cropped up during the winter (all that dry heated indoor air). In got rid of them in one shampoo, so I was suitably impressed. Now if I notice any flaking from dry conditions I just shampoo with the Tea Tree and they are gone. Excellent stuff! I love the smell - sharp and fresh. It also makes a tingly body shampoo when you need a real eye-opener in the morning. It's a shower staple for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2002 11:58:00 AM More reviews by jalin

Personally, I love the tea tree fragrance, but not everyone likes tea tree. If you like a clean, almost medicinal scent this is for you. If you prefer flowery or fruity look elsewhere.

The tingling action is great - my boyfriend tried this once, grumbling about having to use "girl shampoo" and now he is hooked. :) He bought me a second bottle. :)

I would say this is a little too harsh for someone with fine, thin hair to use daily. Ironically if I use this 2 washings in a row I actually notice flakes - this is ironic b/c tea tree is supposed to be a dandruff fighting ingredient and I normally do not have flakes. I don't use many finishing products, so I only need this to clarify once every week or two.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2002 2:21:00 AM More reviews by fort

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Major rave for Paul Mitchell's Tea tree shampoo. I bought it to battle my flaky/oily scalp and it worked in one shampoo. All my flakes are gone and my scalp feels fresh and invigorated. Best of all, it did not dry out the rest of my hair. My long hair is now shiny and moist, but not greasy or flaky! Perfect.

- like most shampoos, this did a good job but quickly devolved into an average shampoo the more i used it. i found if i used it several times in succession, my hair would start to feel heavy and coarse. i have switched to Paulas Choice shampoo for the flake problem and find it does a better job than Paul Mitchell. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2002 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Mickie176

I use the Tea Tree Shampoo when my hair feels like it has some product build-up, or my scalp feels a bit more oily than usual. I love the tingling sensation and after shampooing, my hair and scalp feel clean and refreshed. This shampoo is also gentle enough for color-treated hair, and doesn't wash out my cellophane.