April 16, 2014 | 1398 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2008 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Miss_M

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I remember using this remover years ago and hating it. It thought it smelled like chamomile tea mixed with rubbing alcohol and it burned my eyes like crazy, which is not a good thing if you wear contacts like me. Last year I got one of those "Love Your Body" membership cards and with that card you can pick out a 10,- euro birthday gift. I had no idea what to pick so I decided to give this a try again. I don't know if they changed the formula together with the bottle design, but I like this remover a lot better than I did in the past, the formula does seem more gentler. It still burns my eyes a little bit (like most removers unfortunately do in my case) but it does take all my eye make-up off in just a few whipes, even pretty hard to remove mascara.
The Chamomile EMR is a pretty decent remover, however, I took an extra lippie of since I think the price is a little steep at 11,- euros (US$16,-).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2008 10:04:00 PM More reviews by mimisan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My eyes are not sensitive, and i can even use face cream around my eyes. But this eye remover stung my eyes.

Only used it twice and then put it away in the drawer ever since.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2008 12:07:00 PM More reviews by LiisUsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I thought this would be 'gentle' but it was not at all. It stung my eyes like heck. I guess it removed my eye makeup but I was in such pain I didn't really notice or care. I can say that this formula is so watery, I definitely cannot see this removing mascara-- that's how it got in my eyes. A very poor product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2008 10:49:00 AM More reviews by designgirl73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for years. I love it. Works well for me and takes off all traces of my eye make-up. Body Shop runs a special every so often where you can buy one get one. I try to stock up when I see that. Overall it's a great staple. Plus, of course...No animal testing which is what we all love about the Body Shop!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2007 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Katie1987

Ouch!!! Is all I have to say about this product it makes my eyes STING like crazy! That fact alone I would never buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2007 1:21:00 PM More reviews by kelseyyates

I have to scrub at my eyes to get my makeup off, STINGS very badly. Leaves my eyelids a little raw feeling. I'll finish the bottle off but I doubt I'll buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 3:07:00 PM More reviews by crazyfrog13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as a gwp, and used it up. It gets the job done, but it's NOT gentle. It burns my eyes. Also, I really have to scrub to get all my mascara off. I won't be purchasing this.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2007 5:43:00 AM More reviews by katieh84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

not nice stings my eyes and skin :( yuk even though advertised as gentle encouraged my excema, so any one with sensative skin stay clear !!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2007 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Bejm311

I'm surprised this has gotten such bad reviews!! But everyone is different! I love this eye-makeup remover. I wear a lot of eye makeup and this takes it right off. It can can sting bad if you get it in your eyes, but I use a cotton pad and rub it back and forth over my eye. My eyes are VERY very sensitive and it has never irritated them or left them raw. I've been using this for a while now, and for the price/size/sales you can't beat it. It also helps to hold the pad with remover against your eye for a few seconds before you start to rub it off.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2007 4:39:00 AM More reviews by reismione