The Body Shop Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Coco-Glucoside, Carbomer, Algae Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 4/20/2008 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this as most of my friends use it and swear by it to take their make-up off, but I was very unimpressed.
Your supposed to add the liquid to a cotton pad, and hold the pad to your eye for about 10 seconds and then lift off. However I find this almost impossible as only a bit of mascara is taken off. Therefore I found myself sweeping it around my eyes and IT HURTS.
It stings and my skin (the things we do for beauty) was left red and crying for help. I wouldn't mind, but this product is suppose to be a 'gentle eye make-up remover'!!!!

Maybe I'm allergic to chamomile, I don't know, but I won't be using this again, and will probably put it on my swap list.
xx

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Doesn't work.... it's like water, except it stings your eyes and water works much better to take off makeup. Don't waste your money!

on 3/23/2008 5:18:00 PM

This is the best eye makeup remover I've tried - not drying and not gloopy either. Gets off makeup just fine, even waterproof. Don't understand why it's not rated higher. I do think it's a bit overpriced, though!

on 3/16/2008 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

It really works well, but 1/4 of the time it burns my eyes. So if you have sensitive eyes I would recomend trying something else out. :(

on 2/23/2008 3:13:00 PM

Terrible terrible... The worst eye makeup remover I have ever used! I'm pissed TBS has not reformulated this crap! It stings the eyes badly and FOAMS! Act as a good makeup brush cleaner though.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Not the worst eye makeup remover I have used. Does sting a bit, but only if I get it in my eyes. I found it very effective. One or two sweeps of a cotton pad moistened with this stuff is enough to get 95% of my eye make-up off without the need for rubbing. Not bad value for money either, in my opinion.

on 2/6/2008 9:51:00 AM

I liked this at first. It removed my (non waterproof) eye makeup with relative ease. But after a few days of use, I began to notice the delicate skin just under my lower lash line was feeling sore right after I used it, despite being applied with a very gentle hand.
On closer investigation I could see the whole of my eye area was redder than normal, including some redness on the actual eye itself. Not a good sign for sure. I looked like I'd had a good cry.
I stopped using it and everything went back to normal, so it's a thumbs down from me.
I've since switched to pure Grapeseed oil which is working like a dream.
So, sensitive skins use with caution. Anyone who uses waterproof eye makeup probably shouldn't bother either. Money best spent elsewhere.

Stings my eyelid area and doesn't remove eyeliner, mascara. This is the most useless eye makeup remover among all that i've tried.

Gentle, smells great, takes off my eye makeup with little effort

on 1/20/2008 12:00:00 PM

I remember using this remover years ago and hating it. It thought it smelled like chamomile tea mixed with rubbing alcohol and it burned my eyes like crazy, which is not a good thing if you wear contacts like me. Last year I got one of those "Love Your Body" membership cards and with that card you can pick out a 10,- euro birthday gift. I had no idea what to pick so I decided to give this a try again. I don't know if they changed the formula together with the bottle design, but I like this remover a lot better than I did in the past, the formula does seem more gentler. It still burns my eyes a little bit (like most removers unfortunately do in my case) but it does take all my eye make-up off in just a few whipes, even pretty hard to remove mascara.
The Chamomile EMR is a pretty decent remover, however, I took an extra lippie of since I think the price is a little steep at 11,- euros (US$16,-).