November 20, 2014 | 1742 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Katlynmoses15

At first I was disappointed with this product. I didn't notice a difference! But once I stopped using the primer I noticed the mess my eye make up would become throughout the day!! I now love this product! It real does work! My eyelids tend to be oily and transfer my eyeliner into my crease, but when I wear this primer I don't have that problem!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by jreilly22

Literally the best eyeshadow primer out there...hands down. I work for Sephora, and I've tried smashbox, nars, and even MAC concealers and primers to prime my eyes. Not one of them has work as well as the Urban Decay has. PLUS, it comes in so many different shades and types! Each one works just as well as the other, and I always highly reccomend this to all my clients! And it comes in a travel size!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:46:00 AM More reviews by lizstar07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this primer. I first used this primer when I purchased the Naked (1) eyeshadow kit. I had never used primer before but boy did it make all the difference in the world! I don't always wear eyeshadow and when I am only wearing eyeliner I still use this primer to help keep my liner in place and even out my skin tone. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by waveswildandwide

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It does the job, would prefer it in a pump bottle so you could get more product out. Keeps eyeshadow from creasing on my oily eyelids, though I wish it was more neutralizing and covered more of the redness of my lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 4:39:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I spend most of my free time wasting away in front YouTube watching beauty videos (like most girls on here I'm sure) and always wondered about this infamous eyeshadow primer. It seemed like everyone had it, I didn't even have a shadow primer at all, one day I decided to give one a try ( I think the Victoria secret one). When I didn't really notice a difference I figured see I don't need that , my makeup is fine , that's just a waste of money. It wasn't until I bought the naked 3 palette and received 4 samples did I realize how wrong I was. Instead of gently fading my eyeshadow now stays as perfect as it did when I first put it on. Plus it's much more vibrant. Now a staple and don't go without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Mhrn10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If you are experiencing a sudden loss of eyeshadow on your eyes, your eyeliner can't stay because of your super oily lids, just buy it already! The only problem for me is the price :( it's just too expensive for an eyeshadow primer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by makeupmac19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for a while now and I can't tell you how much I love it. It really is a great primer and at first I was a little hesitant if I should get this product because it is a little pricey, but It really like the coverage it gives and makes my eyeshadow last 2x longer than any other eye primer ever.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Makeupcat104

I'm not a fan of this primer. I only have it because I got it for free with an ulta purchase once, I would never spend my money on it. It's way too thick and doesn't create a smooth base for my eyeshadow, however, it does a pretty good job of stopping my eyeshadow from creasing. You can definitely see the oil from my lids peak through the product after a few hours of wear, which is a big downer for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by SEJR16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Holy grail eyeshadow primer!!!! I have extremely oily skin, and my lids tend to get very oily by the end of the day, causing all my eye makeup to crease or come off. I applied this stuff at 9 o'clock in the morning and checked back 10 hours later (7pm) and my eye makeup was still in tact and my lids were not oily! My oily eyelids are extremely hard to deal with but this stuff did the trick. A must have!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by itskatiexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So i'm definitely noticing some mixed reviews regarding this product, but in my opinion this is a fabulous eyeshadow primer. This was actually the first "high-end" eyeshadow primer I had ever used, and before that I was using a Wal-Mart brand called "Hard Candy". In comparison to this, it definitely blows the Wal-Mart brand out of the water! Amazing, amazing difference. Since using the Urban Decay Primer potion, I experimented with only one other high-end product which was Too Faced's primer. The staying power from both products was equal, as well as the smooth, glideable application. However I find the big difference, and what makes this product "better" in my eyes from what i've previously used, is the blending capability. I found that the Primer Potion allowed me to create really beautifully blended looks and smoothly glided wherever I i placed my brush-- and in contrast the other primers i've used had terrible staying power, or didnt allow my makeup brushes to easily glide along the lid and blend the colours into eachother. This is what works for me, and I have and will continue to repurchase over and over! This is my holy grail primer- but i've rated it 4/5 because I haven't experimented with more than 3 primers. I'm totally open to new suggestions and willing to try them out! in the mean time, Urban Decay's primer potion is my go-to!