November 23, 2014 | 1018 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by princesssaras

So far I've only used it for a few days, but so far so good! I mix it with 3 parts filtered water, I didn't have distilled water on hand and then I placed the mixture in the fridge. Every night after cleansing my skin - I've been applying this mixture to my face with a cotton ball and it works great - it feels nice and cool and hasn't made me break out. I'll continue to use it and see what difference it makes. So far, skin feels fresher and cleaner.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 8:35:00 AM More reviews by cali212

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just wanted to add one thing for those of you who have used this on your skin and/or drank it without results on your acne/breakouts. Here is another way to try it:

I had a SEVERE sinus infection and read on earthclinic.com about using Bragg's ACV (cannot be any other brand as Bragg's has "The Mother" in it.) (Bits of fermented apples -- be sure to shake well before each use as the bits settle to the bottom and the bits are what you want in each use.)

I was told to boil 1/2 c of Bragg's on the stove, then lean over the pot in the sink with a towel over my head to get the steam only on my face. Breathe in the vapors slowly. DO NOT open your eyes or your mouth. Beware -- you will start hacking and coughing. The vapors are very strong. This is good -- just spit or blow and then go back. Do it for as long as you can. (at least 5 mins.)

I did this for 3 days and cured my sinus infection that I had had for over a month and which did not respond to antibiotics. I was sold because I had been very miserable.

A few weeks later I realized that I had had no breakouts in the past few weeks. I thought oh my gosh I can't believe my skin is so clear. Now, I was also drinking Bragg's for my sore throats (heat up and mix with water, honey, and cayenne pepper). But I believe that the vapors really helped my skin.

One more thing: Give up dairy for 2 weeks or so and see if that makes a difference. I love dairy but it's been bad for my skin and really bad for my sinuses.

Good luck!

22 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by musicchick00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hesitate to use the word "miraculous," but WOW. I'm 31 and have struggled with cystic acne since I hit puberty. I've been on every prescription, cream, pill, you name it, I've tried it. Until this moment, the only thing that helped my cysts was being on Spironolactone for years, which, though it completely cleared me, I hated being on a strong medication for that long. Since getting off spiro, my face has looked like a pizza. I just held a compress on a cyst I've had for weeks, and within literally a minute, it opened up all four affected pores and the nasty stuff came out. I've had this zit shot up twice with cortizone, and even that didn't phase it. Now, about 10 minutes later, the cyst is almost flat and pale pink, as opposed to bright red. I'm...speechless really. And annoyed at the thousands I've spent on prescriptions when this worked SO well for a few dollars.

17 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by LilyJ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I drink 1 tbs mixed into red tea every day. I use a straw to avoid enamel damage. I also use as a toner, mix it equal parts with green or red tea, twice a day. It's lessened pore size, acne scarring, skin is softer, and drinking it has lessened breakouts and my skin is less oily. After I started to drink it, I had a breakout, like a skin purge, then my skin got a lovely glow and my acne soon cleared up.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by sasch12

Keep i mind that i've only been using ACV as a toner for two weeks. I will update again to see if there is progress. I bought Bragg's and diluted it with 1 part ACV/4 parts water. I put it in a spray bottle and use it after i cleanse, both in the AM and the PM and then add moisturizer after.

My initial feelings were that my complexion was much better, especially since i had just quit Acanya (bp/clindamycin). It also kept the clogged pores on my cheek and forehead at a minimum. Now two weeks into it, i am getting more clogged pores on cheeks, a few on forehead and my chin has a lot of clogged pores, small red bumps and inflamed acne. Now keep in mind that i break out EVERYDAY before i started to use ACV. I am hoping this is a purge that will clear in a few weeks but we'll see.

In the meantime, i think ACV is worth a try if you've tried everything else like i have:

BP
Spa Products
Accutane X 3
Antibiotics

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by amycorritori

I had a goal to get clear skin by the time I turned 30 and with my 30th birthday only 3 weeks away Bragg's ACV has helped me reach that goal. 3 weeks ago I started using undiluted ACV as a toner in the am and pm after washing with Noxzema, I'm used to glycolic peels so it didn't really sting me. After toning with the ACV I use Cerave Moisturizing cream (the one in the tub, not the bottle with the pump). I tried to take it internally as well, but after doing that for a day and a half I just couldn't stomach it anymore. I noticed a difference overnight and within a week my skin was 90% clear. I couldn't use ACV on my body though as it was too harsh so I started searching for other internal supplements. 1 week ago I added Michael's Naturopathic Skin Factors vitamins to my routine, within 3 days my entire face was 100% clear and now a week later my body is completely clear. Not only do I not have any new blemishes, but all of my old ones have healed, my skin tone is even and looks moisturized, my skin looks and feels smooth and all of my blackheads are gone (even a big pitted one that I had had on the side of my nose for over a year!) I love that I can get both products for dirt cheap at my local health food store. Both Bragg's ACV and Skin Factors will always be a part of my regular routine from here on out.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by girrlbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product has worked wonders for my combination/oily skin! I usually have at least 1-2 blemishes on my chin and 3-4 on my forehead. I've tried multiple oral meds and countless topical treatment but nothing has cleared up my skin faster than ACV! I mix up a solution with half water and half ACV and apply to my problem areas with a cotton ball in the morning and at night. It's only been two days and my acne is completely gone! The oiliness in my T-zone has been significantly reduced, too! I'd recommend using this as a toner before going out and buying expensive creams and cleansers. I will forever be a fan and user of this product!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 6:34:00 AM More reviews by preeti33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a review for apple cider vinegar in general. I use it for many purposes like a natural hair detangler, toner for face, etc. It gives me the best results every time. Cant complete my beauty and care regime without it. Love it very much

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by philippines

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

We use it at home a lot!
- cooking (It's a vinegar but has that apple-ish smell)
- toner (but didn't actually noticed any difference on my pimples before)
- gargle for sore throat (mixed to warm water)
- conditioner (1cup apple cider mix to 1cup water after using baking soda as shampoo)
- soaking this inside containers to take the smell out
- etc.. etc...

Yep, get the one with "the mother". For sure you will find more use for this on the web. And oh! It's not a chemical type vinegar so it's good! It's a winner. Love it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by izzi87

For those that use this as a toner/for skin concerns, did you get some peeling after using it?

I only started using it last night, diluted with half water and I noticed when I woke up that I had already started peeling slighty in those areas. I'm not red or irritated and shedding dead skin cells is a good thing, particularly because I am trying to get rid of some pigmentation but I wondered whether that is fairly normal and if anyone else has had good results with evening out skin tone/lightening pigmentation