April 20, 2014 | 1333 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 8:14:00 AM More reviews by bonbon6

I know this is going to sound like a gross exaggeration, but, I've used Bragg's as a toner for one day, and I'm amazed. I have a few bumps on my face, and after I used it as a toner at night (in a 1:1 ration with water) they were noticeably smaller in the morning. I can't believe it. Not only were the bumps noticeably smaller, my skin feels very soft and smooth. It's wonderful. I've also started taking it internally, and haven't seen any differences in that regard yet, as it's only been a day. I can't say enough about this stuff so far. At the price it's at, it can't be beat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by amnahp12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like many others, I decided to start including ACV in my routine/diet for a host of reasons, beauty and health related. Here's what I can say: [also, note for hair and skin I was using regular grocery store ACV, I've now started on taking Bragg's internally and will start using it on my skin]

Hair: when I realized that my once curly hair was going limp and straight from being coated by all the silicones in my hair products, I stopped immediately. This was my first foray into going the natural route, and it's been a few months since that initial revelation. I clarified with baking soda and ACV, and now wash every couple of days with Chagrin Valley natural soap bars. After that first wash, I was amazed - actually amazed - that my hair was light, fluffy, bouncy, and above all - spiraling into ringletty curls! The ACV acts as a conditioner/normalizer for the hair's PH balance, and helps to smooth down the cuticle. I noticed that using a diluted ACV rinse results in shiny, smooth hair, every time - if overdone, sometimes to the point that it feels almost greasy. As such, I dilute my rinse 1:4 acv:water, leave it in my hair after I've cleansed it while I wash up, then rinse with cold water. It smells like feet, but I LOVE it.

Skin: a year and a half ago, my once-perfect, smooth, flawless [sigh] skin started breaking out. During this time, my hormones went completely out of whack - painful debilitating cramps, mood swings up the wazoo, thinning skin, hair loss, etc. And I was only 21 when it all started, and 22 when it was getting worse! Not to mention that I have a fairly healthy diet and don't eat/drink processed/junk foods, sodas, caffeinated drinks, etc. The sudden acne has been on and off, but a few weeks ago started flaring up more than usual again. I decided to try putting stinky feet [ACV] on my face, as I had read really good things, after I cleansed [CV soap again] and before I moisturized [natural oils]. After the first night, I woke up amazed that my new bumps had flattened at least 50%, so I continued nightly. [Note: I don't use ACV on my skin in the daytime as it's said to be an oxidizing agent and can contribute to hyperpigmentation ...stuff..errr always do your research!] The zits are almost all gone, except the one embedded deep in the skin, which is better. My skin is smoothing out, and the scars are slowly but surely fading. My skin has a healthy glow, where previously I have always felt ashy throughout my teenage years and onward, which I attribute to all the natural oils and cleansing methods. It's only been a week! Perhaps the breakouts were hormonal and would have gone down anyway, but never this fast. My face is by no means perfect, but results are worth waiting and working for. BP irritated my skin and made it break out very badly while leaving scaly dry patches; SA did nothing, neither did glycolic acid ... this is the first time I'm seeing healthy skin emerge.

Internal: I've just started taking a few spoons of Bragg's ACV with water and honey. The first night I used the grocery store stuff, and it was disgusting. Seriously, that stuff is VERY stinky-feet-y. But I thought I would try organic unfiltered, so I picked up Braggs. And I am SO surprised at the difference. At the color and cloudiness, you can almost instinctively tell how much better it is for you. And the smell - INCREDIBLY, it is so much better. It still smells like vinegar, but with a very distinct 'balsamic-y' element to it, and isn't immediately reminscent of BO for that reason. If you like that kind of flavor, it's delicious. Anyway, drinking 2tbsp or so in water mixed with some honey, while still gross, is not nearly as bad, and seems to be helping with acid reflux [which I never realized I had a minor problem of until I realized food was no longer coming back into my throat and burning, as it normally does after I eat]. Further observations about regularity, 'glowing' skin, and the host of other ailments ACV is rumored to be able to benefit remain to be seen, but I will keep you updated. Reminder: drink with a straw to protect your enamel.

PS, what's really strange is that despite how disgusting it tastes, especially after trying Bragg's, and despite the fact that it's only been 3 days of drinking, it's almost as if I'm craving it. I guess it's something my body needed?
Thanks for all the wonderful info/feedback! <3

update March 29, 2012
Still loving the ACV! Used to the smell now. MORE than worth it for the benefits. I'm really too lazy to take it internally more than once every so often [and find it much easier if I dilute it with less water so I'm not choking down a ton ... the taste/burn is only slightly more intense]. And most [not all] nights, I'm good about just pouring some ACV into my hand after cleansing and patting it onto my face. After it dries, I'll moisturize with whatever I have on hand. My skin, though it keeps up with the occasional breakout, is doing so much better. No dry scaly patches like other medications, no blemish clusters, no giant zits. The scarring is slowly fading and my skin is considerably brighter, not to mention smoother. There's still a way to go, but I definitely attribute the ACV, among other things in my routine, to keeping it all in check.

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Malikassafi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Today was the first time I used it on my hair. It left it feeling so soft. I have had an itchy scalp in the past and today it does not itch so far. I will definitely continue to use Braggs ACV on my hair. Next I am going to try it as a toner. I highly recommend ito anyone who wants soft shiny hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by amypingi

I love Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar! I use it as a toner on my face, a rinse for my hair, and I also take it internally on a daily basis. I use it full strength on my face, I know it irritates some people's faces but on mine it works just fine and helps to keep my skin clear and my pores small. I've had REALLY bad cystic acne in the past and i've really gotten it under control in the last year. I stopped eating dairy LADIES IF YOU HAVE ACNE, YOU'RE PROBABLY ALLERGIC TO DAIRY! don't listen to people who tell you what you eat doesnt affect your skin bc that's crap. i had pimples all over my jawline and cheeks...most of them were the underground pimples of death that hurt like crazy...i've tried tons of conventional drugstore cleansers, proactive, murad all that just made my face worse. chemicals are not the answer! Anyways now so I use asprin and honey to cleanse my face, then apply the ACV as a toner, then follow with Tea tree oil and jojoba oil as my moisturizer. I actually get compliments on my skin which is incredible because my face looked like a pizza not long ago. I like taking it internally because it makes me feel good. I get a nice, peaceful sense of well being after taking a shot of it and I can feel it detoxing my body. It also gives me energy. The taste is intense...but i take a couple shots of it straight bc i'm hardcore and then i'll rinse my mouth out with water...love it. Lastly i use this instead of conditioner in my hair. My hair has been dyed and it does great with this rinse.. it keeps my hair shiny and healthy....baaasically i'm obsessed with this stuff. I know people complain about the taste and smell but when I had acne i was willing to do ANYTHING to get rid of it and honestly, it's not that bad! i quite enjoy it sometimes :)

9 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by krystalll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have never posted a review on something before but I feel like I have to. I have had very oily/blemished skin since I was 12 years old. I have used every drug store cleanser and lotion, proactive, 100$ cleansers from my doctor.. but nothing has ever worked like acv. I'm 21 now and I rarely get bad breakouts anymore, I just have the occasional break out around my period but I still have scars from my teen years. My skin is very fair so they're extra noticeable and I can't go without foundation ever. After using acv I haven't had a single break out and the oil production has gone waay down. The scars are also fading. My skin used to get so oily it would make my make up look gross and cakey after a few hours but now my face stays pretty almost all day. I use it full strength on a cotton ball in the morning and before bed. I use dove soap (regular 1/4 moisture bar) to clean my face and I can't believe something that cheap also works the best for me. Sometimes the simple things are the best answers.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by pearlyriver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just use the dirt cheap Heinz ACV mixed with organic green tea and it works wonder for my skin. I've been using it for 6 months and it gets on very well with my skin. It brightens my skin tone and clear away the blemishes without causing irritation, or breakout. . But finally the stinky smell of this toner got the better part of me and I'm trying to find a substitute. I'll miss it dearly, and I strongly recommend anyone with acne-prone skin like me give it a whirl.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Leannne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After reading reviews on here, I decided to try the whole ACV instead of conditioner thing. So I put some in a spray bottle with water 1 part ACV to 3 parts water. Despite breathing it in and getting it in my eyes, with was pretty unpleasant.. I was in disbelief at how amazing my hair felt once I dried and flat ironed it. It was so silky and soft. It doesn't smell like vinegar either, especially once you've put in a product or 2. I will never use conditioner again!

I also started using it as a toner on my face, because I heard it's great for zits and oily skin. I get the occasional zit, and my face is incredibly oily, so I put this on (same stuff in the spray bottle) after I've washed my face, evening and morning.. and I've seen a huge decrease in oil. My skin is also a lot softer. It purged for a couple days.. but now my skin looks great! Amazing product.. who knew.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by leaves1121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using braggs mainly for my skin and acne. I only drink it because i don't want the nasty smell on my face LOL. but it's amazing, after a few months my acne cleared up pretty much 90%. sometimes i get lazy for days/weeks and i can notice the difference of my face's redness and somewhat uneven skintone. it's great, and i feel great!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by ThinMinti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar for about a year now as a toner and internally. Lately I have been rinsing my fine, brittle (shedding) hair with it after I wash. WOW! My hair feels thicker, stronger and looks hella-shiny! There is no fly aways and it does I what i want it to. Thank god because I was beginning to think my hair was a lost cause. I would like to get my boyfriend in to this more often as he is receding and I have an feeling that this may help his hair loss. I rinse once a week with ACV and I think this is sufficient. Using heat protectant spray and some leave in conditioner masks the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by taryn33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this product for my hair, as a toner, and internally as well. I will only comment on it as a toner.

I use this vinegar without diluting with water (I have read others dilute it 1:4, or 2:4) and my face is a brand new face because of it. It has a bit of a sting at this concentration, so if you're sensitive, dilute it. I found the sting to disappear after one week of using it twice a day (once before my morning routine, and once before bed).

My face glows and looks and feels so divine. I have never had a terrible complexion, and have always gotten compliments on my skin in general, but after using this for awhile, I can say that my skin is AMAZING. It took a good thing, and made it exceptional.

It helps, I am sure, that I put effort into caring for my skin-- I never sleep in makeup, I moisturize well, I drink plenty of water-- but when people ask what I do to get this glow, I tell them that the one thing I would NEVER change or eliminate is Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner.