Philosophy Help Me

3.9

Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Emulsfying Wax, Glycerin, C10-30 Cholesterol / Lanosterol Esters, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Cyclomethicone, Retinol , Tocopherol Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate/ Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Peg-10 Soy Sterol, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Methylparaben, Triethanolamine, Disodium Edta, Bisabolol, Bht, Polysorbate 20, Propyl Gallate, Ascorbic Acid.

on 4/4/2007 6:24:00 PM

I love this stuff. It's expensive but worth it! One tube of this has lasted me forever since it's not something I use everyday. I save it for when my skin is really acting up and it actually does what the tube says...it helps! I use it at night and wake up to clearer and more vibrant skin. My only complaint is the smell, it's really bad! But otherwise it's a great product to have when your skin needs some extra....help.

on 3/30/2007 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is an incredible product!! I read where a dermatologist rated it as the best over the counter retinol out there! So true!!!! It cleared my skin, made my pores tighter, faded discolorations and left my skin glowing in just 5 days. I like it better than Tazorac or Retin A because it did not make me red and peel. I have already told two of my frineds about it and they agree with me. Simply the best. A true HELP! It is a little pricy at $45 but much cheaper than a prescription Retin A.

on 3/30/2007 3:49:00 PM

For some reason this hasn't worked for me at all. It hasn't done anything for my clogged pores or my fine lines. I will keep using it until the tube is gone but I don't think I will buy it again.

on 3/4/2007 4:40:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

This product does wonders for sun-damaged, congested skin. I am 36 with pale skin that breaks out monthly, badly. I get very clogged pores around my chin and forehead for about 1 week a month and it's very frustrating to clear. I used a combo of a liquid anti-biotic and benzoyl-peroxide for a few years, and that helped. Since I have run out of the anti-biotic refills, I have been using Help Me on and off.

For some reason, I am always surprised how effective it is when I start using it after taking a hiatus from it. This time around, I had a sun spot that was actually raised and rough in texture (not a melanoma - I am not recommending that anyone waits if they think they have a skin cancer spot). I haven't been to the dermatologist to look at it, but it developed over a couple of years, had recently grown in size and I know it was from the sun.

I have been using Help Me for 3 weeks straight, and for about a week it was semi-irritated. I was more concerned about breakouts though (go figure), but my husband (who has had spots removed) was the first to notice it had changed. It is almost completely gone. There was a much smaller, rough patch right below it that is gone, baby gone.

Before I go any further, let me state that I do know this line well. I have done training for Philosophy and firmly believe it's a great line for all skin types. For myself, I am a big fan of Hope in a Bottle when I am not using Help Me. But with Help Me, I don't want to use much salicylic acid.

What I didn't know until recently was that this product was created for people who are intolerant of Retin-A. Because of the microsponge delivery, it releases the retinal slowly over the course of an evening. This decreases the chances of irritation.

I recommend this product for anyone who has congested pores on their chins, gets hormonal acne and has sun damage. This doesn't clear out pores on the nose as well as it handles the other task, though it helps with severly clogged pores on the nose - in my personal opinion.

on 2/12/2007 9:07:00 PM

I recently purchased this product trying to get rid of some fine wrinkles around my smile area and to combat scaring from acne. It worked!! I love it. This stuff is pretty powerful because I noticed a difference right away! Yes, it is expensive...but it does work!

on 1/22/2007 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Simply amazing, and it better be for $45. I have oily skin that flakes and has dry patches and very large pores in the t-zone. After just one night treatment I noticed a difference. My skin is smoother, with far less breakouts and the flakiness is gone. my pores are a little less noticeable. This product is much netter than their bath/scented bath gel line.

on 11/18/2006 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i have oily skin and large pores.i read dr.baunann md skin type solution book.philosophy has many products that were chosen by Dr.Baumann for her book.i took the skin test in the book.she recommended that one of my moisturizing treatments containing retinol for my skin type was philosophy help me retinol treatment.i called philosophy directly to order.i never used a retinol treatment before and i was a bit skeptical.i recieved it in and i was never so pleased.when you apply it you will feel a tiny sting feeling that lasts for less than a minute.apply to clean skin in the evening only, i use purity made simple cleanser first, hope in a bottle serum,help me, and hope in a bottle for oily skin.my skin NEVER LOOKED THIS FLAWLESS!i cant believe it ladies i have been using this for three months now and what a difference. my pores are smaller, my blackheads are gone yes gone! retiniods increase cell renewal reducing the dead cell build up.everyone wants a quick fix but you need to have patients and let this product work.i get comlpiments all the time, people say my skin looks so fresh and dewy.never heard anyone say that to me before.i cant say more about this product because i will be here for hours.it took philosophy years to make this product and get it right.if you have any questions at all call them at 1-800 love-151.purchase Dr.Baumanns's book ladies it is packed full of info.

on 10/15/2006 2:44:00 AM

Very expensive but a whole tube can last over 6 months! Use sparingly. This stuff is powerful! Great for dark spots and large pores. Also works wonders for dry patchy areas but remember to use sunscreen!

on 6/2/2006 12:04:00 PM

this is the bomb. I initially bought this because i had stubborn blocked pores around my mouth that kept coming back and it worked really well . However the biggest plus is I now look ten years younger!! honestly its better than botox. I use it one night all over, then next just my chin nose and forehead and the third night i leave it alone as it does sensitise your skin( but not nearly as much as creme dela mer). It smells vile and looks like toothpaste but its brilliant. Im going to leave off the botox now. Oh btw make sure you use a good spf more than 15 during the day when you are using it.

on 4/9/2006 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this product! It makes my skin so smooth, and my huge pores have gotten smaller since using this. I also love that this doesn't dry my skin out. Another great product by philosophy!

Popular Face Skincare Products