Avene Cleanance K [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Avene Thermal Spring Water - Cyclomethicone - Water - Gylcolic Acid - Propylene Glycol - Glycerine - Polyacrylamide - Lactic Acid - Polymethyl Methacrylate - Sodium Hydroxide - C13-14 Isoparaffin - Disodium Phosphate - Bisabolol - Citric Acid - Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil - Dimethiconol - Disodium EDTA - Fragrance - Laureth-7 - Polysorbate 20 - Salicylic Acid - Zinc Gluconate

on 9/28/2008 12:42:00 PM

Despite of other reviews, I really like the smell, it's kinda fresh. It does what is says, so i will definitely repurchase.
LATER EDIT: this moisturizer is amazing! my skin looks fabulous only after 5 days of using it!

on 9/23/2008 9:57:00 PM

I've only been using this for about 2 wks but I'll give it a review anyway. I have some pigmentation and scars left from acne that I wanted to get rid of and decided to give this a go. I used a small amount on my cheeks (affected area) at night and for the first couple of days i really saw my skin improving. The scars faded and it brightened my skin.However, a week later I started developing tiny little bumps on my cheeks which I now think was the 'purging'. Anyway, with continued use the tiny bumps went away and my skin is improving, and I don't feel the burning sensation anymore..does that mean its not working as well? or just that my skin has gotten use to it?

on 9/12/2008 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a very good product. It is very good for the oily skins and it does not dry out my skin.

on 9/12/2008 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Cleanance K is the first AHA treatment i ever tried and i got amazing result from using it consistently. My complexion has improved big time, my scars are fading and best of all I dont get clogged pores from using it as its gel based. I dont think it helps to combat the exisiting pimples (low percentage BHA) but it surely doesnt make them worse. The treatment gave that tingling feeling for the first few times ,, and then it doesnt tingle anymore as my skin got used to it. So its best to use it every 2 or 3 days to keep getting that tingling feel cos that means the AHA is doing its job!

One downside, it can be quite irritating because it doesnt contain any calming/anti-irriitant ingredients. I use it at night only because my skin became very sensitive to sunlight. Once I wore SPF 30 sunscreen to play golf in late afternoon I still got burnt very badly which is a result from using Cleanance K everynight for over a month (i never apply it during the day time). So it's wise to bear in mind that SPF 30 may not be enough to protect your skin from outdoor sport when you are using AHA. Or, just avoid the sun altogther if you can afford to.

I think i might not buy it again because I like Paula's Choice AHA gel better (which is harder to get). But I recommened this product to many people because Avene is readily available in Boots in where I live.

It really does your skin a lot of good when you have seriously clogged pores all over your face.

I only use it at night, and I don't use it everyday, as it is a bit irritating for my very thin skin (visible veins), but I can still feel and see the results. DO NOT use it on any area that's already affected, it hurts so much that I always have tears in my eyes, and I would be jumping all over my room, thinking "Why am I doing this to myself?" It helps to recover much better though, if you can stand the pain.

I got it for free when I bought two bottles of the green foaming cleanser at the same time, but I still think the price is reasonable, I am only using it as a treatment, so I will stop buying or using it once my skin gets back to normal.

Oh, and I am really not fond of the smell.

EDIT: This thing is so good that I decide to keep buying and using it.

on 8/26/2008 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I normally use prescription Retin-A for my skin, but when I went to a beach vacation I decided to use something softer to prevent sun damage but keep myself from getting breakouts. I only used this during the evenings, and used my regular SPF during the day. The feel of this cream was odd, too silicony, and had an odd but tolerable smell. My skin felt slippery. I was afraid that it would be comedogenic, but I decided to give a try.

The first days were OK, but after a week, my pores started looking really large. My skin started to look rugged. I kept using it since I didn't want to risk with Retin-A under the August sun. A week later, I started getting some pustulas and largest blackheads I have head for a while.

I don't think I was "purging" since my skin was already clear from continuous retin-A. I also didn't change anything else in my regimen, except for extra sun exposure. Overall this was a big disappointment.

on 8/13/2008 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I think this probably fine for someone who doesn't have very sensitive skin. This isn't a moisturiser! It's very intense and it felt like it was burning my skin. I've used the Cleanance Emulsion and it is far gentler and a moisturiser. If you're sensitive give this a miss and go for the 'no K' version instead

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I find myself with the occasional zit and they pop up no matter how clean my face is. Since I sleep with the air-conditioner most everyday, I've been looking for a product that would keep the zits at bay and not add to the dryness of my skin at night.

I found this 6 months ago and it's great because it's got both AHA and BHA which gently exfoliate the skin to lessen the marks left behind by those zits. It also has an extract of Cucurbita Pepo and Zinc Gluconate which help minimise sebum production while purifying the skin when used during the day.

Along with Salicylic acid and Avene spring water, this handy moisturizer keeps the zits at bay when you sleep while soothing and softening your skin. Pretty handy to have around

on 7/23/2008 9:27:00 AM

HG for me. Keeps my skin clear and radiant, and provides just the right amount of moisture.

It's a gel/cream texture - more of a gel, but it does not have the sticky-ness - it is extremely soft and lightweight and soaks into your skin immediately, leaving it with a glowing, matte finish.

Makes a superb makeup base - no primer needed - acts better than most primers I find.

Best part of all my pores are smaller, my skin is clearer and brighter, and this does not leave it feeling greasy or overly moisturized - and I tend to get shiny / oily pretty quick (within 3 hours).

Wish I would have discovered this sooner!

on 7/17/2008 4:50:00 AM

Iíd used Paulaís Choice BHA 2% liquid and Stridex pads which had helped my pores but they never really cleared and I still had blackheads on my nose. Although the BHA percentage in this is lower, it helped clear my pores - more in a couple of weeks than Paulaís Choice BHA did in a year. Stridex pads were OK but too drying for me.

My skin isnít oily so I was concerned that the oil controlling properties of this might dry me out but itís OK. It neither dries not moisturises.

I agree with the other reviewers about the balling of this product. I can only use it at night because itís too difficult to get other products to sit on top of it. This is a shame because Iíd prefer to use it during the day but since it works so well to clear my clogged pores, doesnít dry my skin out and is reasonably priced Iíll continue to use it.

Iíve taken one lippie off because the balling is not pleasant Ė even if I use it at night Ė but otherwise itís a product Iíll definitely buy again.

Popular Treatments (Face)