April 24, 2014 | 988 users online

Treatments - Avene - Cleanance K

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by styleflavors

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I find myself with the occasional zit and they pop up no matter how clean my face is. Since I sleep with the air-conditioner most everyday, I've been looking for a product that would keep the zits at bay and not add to the dryness of my skin at night.

I found this 6 months ago and it's great because it's got both AHA and BHA which gently exfoliate the skin to lessen the marks left behind by those zits. It also has an extract of Cucurbita Pepo and Zinc Gluconate which help minimise sebum production while purifying the skin when used during the day.

Along with Salicylic acid and Avene spring water, this handy moisturizer keeps the zits at bay when you sleep while soothing and softening your skin. Pretty handy to have around

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2008 9:27:00 AM More reviews by angeleyes022

HG for me. Keeps my skin clear and radiant, and provides just the right amount of moisture.

It's a gel/cream texture - more of a gel, but it does not have the sticky-ness - it is extremely soft and lightweight and soaks into your skin immediately, leaving it with a glowing, matte finish.

Makes a superb makeup base - no primer needed - acts better than most primers I find.

Best part of all my pores are smaller, my skin is clearer and brighter, and this does not leave it feeling greasy or overly moisturized - and I tend to get shiny / oily pretty quick (within 3 hours).

Wish I would have discovered this sooner!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2008 4:50:00 AM More reviews by Meisje

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Iíd used Paulaís Choice BHA 2% liquid and Stridex pads which had helped my pores but they never really cleared and I still had blackheads on my nose. Although the BHA percentage in this is lower, it helped clear my pores - more in a couple of weeks than Paulaís Choice BHA did in a year. Stridex pads were OK but too drying for me.

My skin isnít oily so I was concerned that the oil controlling properties of this might dry me out but itís OK. It neither dries not moisturises.

I agree with the other reviewers about the balling of this product. I can only use it at night because itís too difficult to get other products to sit on top of it. This is a shame because Iíd prefer to use it during the day but since it works so well to clear my clogged pores, doesnít dry my skin out and is reasonably priced Iíll continue to use it.

Iíve taken one lippie off because the balling is not pleasant Ė even if I use it at night Ė but otherwise itís a product Iíll definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2008 10:27:00 PM More reviews by cerecita

WOWS So Far Impressed..its only been like a week or less that I've been using this and I can already see an improvement in my skin..

it's getting more clear, bright, pores are clearing up and even and I think less oily, because my face didnt seem as oil-slick as it would usually get (before I started using this)...by mid-day during school, but for some reason my skin wasn't AS Oily!..well thats good!

Whats so great about this, that I havent found with other products, is that this really does change my skin, WITHOUT the Side-effects of getting dry, flaky or itchy skin! I'm even using this at night and during the day!
it doesn't effect my skin like that! wows

I'm already impressed for what it did for my skin within a week, I think my skin will only get BETTER as I continue using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 10:07:00 PM More reviews by phui

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wish I'd tried Avene products years ago! I've been alternating Clearance K at night with Ystheal Emulsion. It's working very well on my blackhead-prone skin, in particular I can see there are less on my nose, plus it hasn't aggravated my SD or made my skin irritated (both problems I had with PC AHA and BHA). My skin looks clearer and smoother. I wish that Avene would cut the scent, though, I really prefer skin products to be unscented.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2008 4:04:00 PM More reviews by boys

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, I have used this for a month now. I had quit all "acids" or retinoids of any kind for over a year, but it was painfully obvious that my skin needed some type of exfoliation. I have rosacea that seems to be hormonal since it "acts up nearly the same time every month. Anyways, I started off slowly, once every third night and have stayed so far at every other night. Sometimes there is a slight tingle upon application but goes away very quickly. Today I'm having the best skin day I've had in a while and I know this is helping alot. Originally my aesthetician recommended diacneal, but I was too afraid, I though if my skin can tolerate cleanance k than maybe I'll move up to diacneal eventually. Will update.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2008 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Nadeshda

First of all, this is not a moisturiser, but a treatment. It does have a moisturising action, but it's nos it's main purpose... this is pretty much a chemical peel, but a very gently one. This is a clear, thick gel-like cream meant for oily/combination/acne prone skin.

I have been using this for 2 months and I'm noticing a very big difference in my skin (combination, not too oily on the T-zone, but with plenty of blackheads and dry cheeks/cheekbones). This stuff has literally dried big pimples that were popping in just two applications and faded out some dark acne scars I had. My blackheads are less now, they are easier to extract and it takes longer for them to come back. It leaves your skin very soft and it has also evened out my skin tone... all I need is some undereye concealer and my skin looks as if I have foundation on! I have NEVER had my skin looking like this!

For the 1st month, I used this as a day and night cream, but now I only use this as a night cream. This is tick and a bit sticky until it gets absorbed, and, a few hours later, if you rub your skin, you'll feel stuff balling up - it's the product plus dead skin cells. So, it really is better to use this at night, and putting foundation on top of this can be tricky because of the balling up. You don't need a lot of the product - a pea sized amount, or even smaller will suffice for your whole face... I just dab tiny spots on my forehead, nose, cheeks and chin and spread. I use this all over my face (well, except for my eye area) and it has not irritated or dried out my skin, even on the drier spots.

But beware - if you have a popped pimple, a scab you picked on, etc... it will sting. A lot. But it dissapears rather quickly.

The only peeves I have about the product are the scent and the packaging. The scent is a bit chemical and medicinal, it's just not one of those pleasent smells... but it fades fast. The packaging is a tube and it sits on it's lid. I've noticed that mine leaks onto the lid... I generally scoop out the product from the lid with a clean and dry q-tip, and sometimes, I have product on the lid that is enough for more than one application!

I will definitly buy this product again. It has literally changed my face. Here in Portugal, this is not too expensive, it's about 12€ for a 40ml tube, but, given the fact that a little goes a long way and the changes it has made on my face in such little time, this is a keeper, for sure!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2008 8:26:00 AM More reviews by NarcissaM

I'm a little dumbfounded by this product - on one hand it makes my skin feel very soft and even, but at the same time it made my pores bigger than ever! Have been using it on and off for about a year as it does help get rid of spots, but I'm just amazed by the massive stretched pores I get, which I then hurriedly try to remedy by using Clinique pore minimiser. Very peculiar and disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2008 4:00:00 PM More reviews by looweehse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Skin Background: highly sensitive and oily skin. Suffered from chronic cystic acne for 5 years. Tried literally every drugstore brand, also tried clinique 3 step, pro-activ, aknicare, panoxyl, bye bye blemish, Dr Brandt, Bliss, various oral and topical prescriptions treatments, herbal treatments, homemade stuff, been through several dermatologists and had light therapy. Nothing really worked all that great, or those that did left me with red, flaky, painful skin.
Then I found Avene. And this is the star product.
This didn't make my ultra-sensitive skin flare, it didn't even sting, give me redness or any flakes. I only use this at night, because I like the Avene cleanance regulating lotion during the day as it gives more matte effect, though saying that, cleanance K doesn't make me overly oily.
I have been using it for 2 weeks now, along with Avene cleanance regulating lotion, cleanance mattifying lotion, cleanance gel soapless cleanser at night, and neutrogena deep clean oil-free cream cleanser in the morning. 2 weeks ago i my ENTIRE face was covered in either whiteheads, blackheads, large open pores, red inflamed pimples or just redness. Now I have completely clear areas of skin, only a couple of blackheads. My cheeks have 3 spots on them in total, my chin has one larger one and a small one, the only part of my face with still quite a few spots is my forehead, which has always been the worst area for me, though it is noticeably better. I still have quite a few scars remaining but they are slowly fading, I'm estimating it'll take about 6 months. However, to actually have areas of skin completely cleared in 2 weeks has never happened for me before and I'm over the moon.
Additionally, my skin doesn't feel as oily and equally isn't dry or uncomfortable feeling at all.
but I will definitely be re-purchasing this again!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2008 7:31:00 AM More reviews by jaly

I bought this after using all organic products for 3 months. The organic products left me with large pores, blackheads and a nasty rash around my mouth.

I started using this with the Gentle Gel Cleanser but this gets the credit with clearing up my problem skin within a very short amount of time. My rash is gone, my pores are smaller and my blackheads are clearing up at record speed. I never had any problems with my skin, other than dryness before going all organic but those products messed up my face worse than anything I've used in the past 25 years. Avene has balanced out my skin and I feel like myself again. I love looking in the mirror every day to see how much my skin has improved in such a short amount of time. I feel the difference, too. I have always liked Avene and used it for several years before going 'organic'. Now I like them even better.

This products stings initially. I'm also experiencing some purging which dries up either the same day or a few days later. Cleanance K is listed as a moisturizer but I think it's more of a treatment. I made the mistake of wearing this underneath makeup and my skin flaked all day long. Only use this at night because it makes your skin peel off! I have read that not everyone likes this but for me it worked miracles and it was fairly gentle. I used this on my 13 year old daughter's nose last night for some minor blackheads and we were able to lift off a lot of them this morning with scotch tape (I think it's just as effective and far more gentle than pore strips). I love this stuff!