November 20, 2014 | 1989 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 5:39:00 AM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I went to MAC with "Up the Amp" on top of my shopping list because of all the really high ratings here. I also wanted a new look besides my usual reds. To my disappointment, it was waaaay too lavender for me. Made me look washed out/like a corpse! Good thing I didn't purchase online or else it would be a b*tch to return. If you want to look like Barbie, I suggest a vibrant pink lipstick like MAC's Lickable or Mad About Town. Would not buy this colour EVER!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by tv88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the color I've been looking for! I wanted something bright without making me feel like a barbie. I never thought of going to a more purple shade. But this is perfect! It's bright, beautiful, unique, and mature (enough). The color lasts a very long time. It feels good on. Perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by JessLCal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this lipstick! It makes a statement without feeling like you are 'overdoing it." I have a medium skin tone, and it works nicely with my color when I lighten it up a bit by applying MAC's lip conditioner with SPF 15. VERY unique color!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 11:35:00 AM More reviews by rockfashionglam

Up the Amp is one of my favorite lipsticks from MAC! This lipstick is extremely versatile for me. I can wear this in the day & at night when I go out. I think this lipstick looks great with a neutral eye and lots of mascara & a hint of blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying that i love MAC lipsticks. The only lipstick i have ever run out of and actually went back to buy more was from MAC. Up the Amp is an amplified lipstick from MAC that is a somewhat bright purpleish pink color. Its not sheer and you only need one swipe to cover your lips, It goes on smooth and lasts for quite a while. I love to wear it with snowscene lipglass from the MAC Chill collection from December 2008 and it is beutiful!!! It's a totally unique color of lipstick and i am so happy i have added it to my collection!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 9:43:00 AM More reviews by PhanieRajh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Totally unique colour! Light baby pinkish/lavender colour on my lips (NC44). JAMPACKED with pigment! One dab of the lipstick is enough to deliver a full mouth of colour!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by MissIrene85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a really unique color! Super bright, and when I want to make it really dramatic, I pair it up with Mac's Currant lipliner, then I have on some purple lipstick, that is....yes.........WORK APPROPRIATE! I will definitely be purchasing this product again once I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by anpanman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

usually my bf just shrugs his shoulder when i ask him what the thinks of lipglosses i've bought.........however today, he said to me "wow...tht colour suits u". It is a great colour, i'm NC25 Asian with black hair (for reference). I bought this in Asia, so it's much cheaper without the tax. HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Perfect mauvey pink shade. Great texture and color pay off. It wears well and looks like lovely satin on the lips.

I pair this with magenta lip liner (Jordana makes the best one!) and it is a great color for the spring/summer. Any pink/mauve/purple gloss will also accent this color.

lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 2:55:00 AM More reviews by ohsoglam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous blueish-lavender color and looks great on my NW50 skin tone. I really like this shade because it looks great on women of all different shades. I will buy and buy again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No