Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

on 9/6/2010 10:51:00 PM

nice color,softy creamy,fine

on 9/6/2010 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was in Shopper's today just browsing and saw these going for $3.99! I remember reading the reviews on this lipstick and how it was reminiscent of Audrey's lipstick in Breakfast at Tiffany's so I had to try it out. It is a very lovely pink lipstick with a touch of coral to it. I was surprised at it's creaminess because I have notoriously dry lips that constantly need some form of moisture. I can wear this lipstick without priming my lips with balm, which is a small feat in itself, as most lipsticks dry my lips out, even some HE ones.

I must say that on my lips it looks nothing like the picture in this review. When applied straight from the bullet on my pigmented pink/mauve lips it is an opaque warm pink, not sheer like in the picture above.

on 8/6/2010 7:47:00 PM

I got this in a 2 for 1 sale, and I'm inlove with the color, i was afraid it'd look too bubblegum pink on me, but it's a gorgeous pink very rosey natural

on 7/26/2010 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Hate the feel of revlon lippies, but if you can get over that and don't mind it being kinda drying the colors are lovely.

on 7/10/2010 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This was one my first lipsticks ever, and it's still a favorite. It's a pretty pinky coraly color that's extremely flattering on my NC35 skin tone. It can brighten up my whole face and give me the classic pink lip, even with my pigmented lips. This lipstick has no shimmer, but it has a shine, which I love. It's also really moisturizing, which is really important since I have dry lips. The pigmentation and creamyness is also really nice since it goes on opaque and doesn't feel heavy or dry at all. It lasts for a few hours, and fades really evenly. Even if I have flaky lips, this doesn't accentuate the flakiness, which is another plus. Overall, I love everything about this lipstick!

on 6/30/2010 4:31:00 AM

This is my new favorite lipstick! It's so gorgeous. It's a very very pretty pink that looks natural on my lips. I love it. It gives just enough color to make your lips pop but at the same time won't look like paint. I love it. Texture is great as well, not drying and lasts all day today.

on 6/13/2010 11:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This lipstick is pink with a slight hint of orange to it. I love the color and am thrilled to find a pink that looks good on me (red hair and pink lipstick are tough to pull off). The formulation is great (creamy, no shimmer/sparkles) and the price is very affordable.

on 6/13/2010 8:56:00 AM

love love love this lipstick!
i first bought this lipstick because i loved the name, it sounded so romantic
it's a lovely colour, pinky/corally and is quite moisturising
definitely would buy again

on 6/7/2010 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been looking for a fun, bright pink lipstick. I was looking at NYX's Strawberry Milkshake or MAC's Gaga, but the colors seemed a little too cool and chalky, even for my fair yellow-toned skin. So I found this.

"Pink in the Afternoon" is a slightly warm, creamy bright pink. No shimmer, frost, or iridescence. No noticeable scent or taste. It feels wonderful on the lips. Very moisturizing and creamy. I agree with previous reviewers, that it has sort of a retro mod feel to it, but it doesn't look tacky. It's very wearable for daytime. I have fairly pigmented lips, and the color payoff is wonderful.

Bought this on eBay for a little less than $7. Not sure what the original retail price is, but Revlon lipsticks are generally not that expensive, especially with drugstore sales always going on. I love the clear window on the top of the cap. Very convienient for seeing the color before opening.

Overall, I'm extremely pleased. If you're like me and usually go for neutral or nude lipsticks and want a fun pink to add to your collection, this is a great buy.

on 5/31/2010 12:14:00 PM

I just purchased this yesterday and so far I'm very pleased with it! It is a very summer-time colour, since I'm tanned now it looks really nice on my face. I think it might be a bit bright for winter time when I'm so pale. The only downside is that it does seem to migrate towards the lines in my lips. Other then that its a very fun and vibrant colour but great for day time.

Popular Lipsticks