Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

4.2

on 7/26/2010 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Hate the feel of revlon lippies, but if you can get over that and don't mind it being kinda drying the colors are lovely.

on 7/10/2010 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This was one my first lipsticks ever, and it's still a favorite. It's a pretty pinky coraly color that's extremely flattering on my NC35 skin tone. It can brighten up my whole face and give me the classic pink lip, even with my pigmented lips. This lipstick has no shimmer, but it has a shine, which I love. It's also really moisturizing, which is really important since I have dry lips. The pigmentation and creamyness is also really nice since it goes on opaque and doesn't feel heavy or dry at all. It lasts for a few hours, and fades really evenly. Even if I have flaky lips, this doesn't accentuate the flakiness, which is another plus. Overall, I love everything about this lipstick!

on 6/30/2010 4:31:00 AM

This is my new favorite lipstick! It's so gorgeous. It's a very very pretty pink that looks natural on my lips. I love it. It gives just enough color to make your lips pop but at the same time won't look like paint. I love it. Texture is great as well, not drying and lasts all day today.

on 6/13/2010 11:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This lipstick is pink with a slight hint of orange to it. I love the color and am thrilled to find a pink that looks good on me (red hair and pink lipstick are tough to pull off). The formulation is great (creamy, no shimmer/sparkles) and the price is very affordable.

on 6/13/2010 8:56:00 AM

love love love this lipstick!
i first bought this lipstick because i loved the name, it sounded so romantic
it's a lovely colour, pinky/corally and is quite moisturising
definitely would buy again

on 6/7/2010 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been looking for a fun, bright pink lipstick. I was looking at NYX's Strawberry Milkshake or MAC's Gaga, but the colors seemed a little too cool and chalky, even for my fair yellow-toned skin. So I found this.

"Pink in the Afternoon" is a slightly warm, creamy bright pink. No shimmer, frost, or iridescence. No noticeable scent or taste. It feels wonderful on the lips. Very moisturizing and creamy. I agree with previous reviewers, that it has sort of a retro mod feel to it, but it doesn't look tacky. It's very wearable for daytime. I have fairly pigmented lips, and the color payoff is wonderful.

Bought this on eBay for a little less than $7. Not sure what the original retail price is, but Revlon lipsticks are generally not that expensive, especially with drugstore sales always going on. I love the clear window on the top of the cap. Very convienient for seeing the color before opening.

Overall, I'm extremely pleased. If you're like me and usually go for neutral or nude lipsticks and want a fun pink to add to your collection, this is a great buy.

on 5/31/2010 12:14:00 PM

I just purchased this yesterday and so far I'm very pleased with it! It is a very summer-time colour, since I'm tanned now it looks really nice on my face. I think it might be a bit bright for winter time when I'm so pale. The only downside is that it does seem to migrate towards the lines in my lips. Other then that its a very fun and vibrant colour but great for day time.

on 5/27/2010 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love this lipstick! I am getting a lot of compliments when I am wearing this, it stays pretty long on my lips, doesn't make my lips dry and darker and it applies really well, matte. It's also great when I mix some of my darker, more pinkier or reddish lipstick of mine when I don't want supper light lipstick sometime...

on 4/12/2010 5:39:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I absolutely disagree that this looks good only on "young" lips. There are plenty of mature women with full, beautiful lips: HELLO!!! We're no longer aging the way we did back in the day! Audrey Hepburn wore this type of color throughout her career and into her 60's. The key here is FULL lips. This is a great, "coolish" pink color. Any coral in it is on the cool side. I agree with a previous poster who complained about the texture. If you have any pigment in your lips this will go on unevenly straight from the tube. It looks best applied with a light hand, blended and finished with a little clear gloss.

I keep it around mainly because it reminds me so much of Audrey Hepburn.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

When I was 19 and just out of bootcamp and at my first duty station, I bought this lipstick. 'Pink in the Afternoon' is a nostalgia product for me. It's a lovely color and seems to work with my NW20 skintone as well as those of the NC30's. It's young, pretty and very wearable.

Popular Lipsticks