July 31, 2014 | 1918 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by BelleDeCrecy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely disagree that this looks good only on "young" lips. There are plenty of mature women with full, beautiful lips: HELLO!!! We're no longer aging the way we did back in the day! Audrey Hepburn wore this type of color throughout her career and into her 60's. The key here is FULL lips. This is a great, "coolish" pink color. Any coral in it is on the cool side. I agree with a previous poster who complained about the texture. If you have any pigment in your lips this will go on unevenly straight from the tube. It looks best applied with a light hand, blended and finished with a little clear gloss.

I keep it around mainly because it reminds me so much of Audrey Hepburn.

14 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 6:11:00 AM More reviews by fuzzybluelogic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I was 19 and just out of bootcamp and at my first duty station, I bought this lipstick. 'Pink in the Afternoon' is a nostalgia product for me. It's a lovely color and seems to work with my NW20 skintone as well as those of the NC30's. It's young, pretty and very wearable.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 5:06:00 AM More reviews by curlylashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's the perfect coral pink color in my opinion. Looks great on my NC 35 skintone, which is why I got this lipstick in the first place. Pigmentation is great, creamy and non drying (a total love for me). Packaging wise is also great! A clear cap which makes it easier to find. I would definitely buy this again, already running out of my first one.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by JasmineK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good for those with fair skin

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Sawapuss2000

I'm asian and this color just looks really orangey on me. It is a pink, just an slightly orangey pink on me. It wasn't the color I expected it to be, but it's a nice color for a summer day in a.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 1:41:00 AM More reviews by astrocity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really great formula and color. Between this and Revlon SL Rose Velvet, I have a great range of every day looks as far as lips go. I have really pigmented, uneven colored lips, and both of these even it out with one swipe. Pink in the Afternoon is pretty much my perfect pink, the only one I've tried that doesn't look too cool or light for my medium yellow undertoned skin. On top of my lip color, it looks natural and finishes a fresh, cute look really well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by ut0pia88

The consistency and formulation is great, but the color doesn't suit me- it is too bright pink for my Mediterranean complexion, I'm a brunette. I can see how it looks good on very fair skinned blondes though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by LovesLookingPretty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think that this is a great natural looking lipstick! I have been searching everywhere for a shade that I could wear all of the time without looking completely done up. I was worried that this shade wouldnt work with my colouring because most people on here that gave positive reviews have dark hair, eyes and olive skin. But this shade worked great for me too! (I have a fair-pinkish skin tone and am slightly tanned with freckles. Also, my hair is more of a dirty blonde.)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by ThatIsNOTHerShade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pink In The Afternoon is matte to creamy, pigmented and opaque. The shade is a light-medium, neutral-warm, clear pink. I don't find the line to be terribly moisturizing, but the staying power is great. Not my favorite color, but definitely not a bad lipstick either.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2010 9:28:00 AM More reviews by fuzzywuzzywuzabearbuthadn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This truly is a marvelous lipstick, as others have stated. It looks marvelous on me, but unfortunately it has one (fairly major) downfall.

For reference: I am a dirty blonde with dark hazel eyes and a bisque-to-beige skintone with warm-to-olive undertones.

Price: I bought this as part of a Revlon BOGO at CVS, but it is regularly $7.99. The price will vary depending on which drugstore you buy it from.

Packaging: One of the major reasons I bought this. I lovelovelove the simple black packaging with gold "Revlon" around it. I wanted to buy a lipstick that I could bring with me in my purse and feel glamorous putting it on, and this l/s certainly fit the bill. Simple, classy, elegant. Only problem is the annoying sales sticker that won't seem to come off. The tube feels sturdy, though. I gave it a 4 for packaging quality.

Color: This lipsticks redeeming factor. The pictures that someone has posted for this product are really quite accurate. When I first open the tube, I was shocked by how pink it was, but on my lips it was GORGEOUS! I do agree with those who say that this would only look good on young people, because this is a peachy-salmony-pink that would look quite unattractive on someone with thin, aging lips. But, for those of us under a certain age, it looks fabulous. It's the color I wish my lips were naturally, and it's not too bright, so people will believe that *is* your natural lipcolor. Completely delicate, soft when applied with a light hand. So glad I bought it in time for spring.

Pigmentation: Very opaque.

Finish: Creamy, matte-ish finish; not a lot of shine, like a MAC Lustre.

Texture: This lipstick's downfall. When I first purchased it, I applied it full on with a couple of swipes. WHOA! I looked completely ridiculous; flakes all over the place, uneven color, just totally icky all around. After I exfoliated my lips, it didn't get much better. This lipstick must be applied with a finger, a lip brush, or must be lightly dotted on; otherwise, it will pick up every little flake and crack in your lips and make even the most beautiful lips look nasty. Truly a terrible texture. My Maybelline, Lancome, and even my NYC lipsticks blow this texture away. This is the only reason I took off one star.

Staying Power: Haven't really noticed; it's so gorgeous I apply about once every hour anyway.

Other Notes: has a slightly lipstick-y smell. Not moisturizing. Looks absolutely bee-autiful when used as a cream blush. Great with a clear lipgloss in the center of the bottom lip; makes lips look really youthful.

How I Wear It: I apply lipbalm (sometimes Aquaphor, sometimes Carmex, sometimes Chapstick Medicated) and then either apply with my finger or lightly dot the product onto my lips. If there's excess product, I remove it with a tissue (although there usually isn't). My goal when using this product is to make people truly believe it is my natural lipcolor.

Buy It Again: Most likely. I don't usually go through lipsticks too quickly, and since I'm applying this one so lightly, I think it will last a while. My future purchasing of this depends on how I want to do my makeup during the summer.

Summary: Didn't like the texture (at ALL), but loved everything else! Definitely something people should buy, if only for the beautiful color..

UPDATE: Okay, the texture is really annoying. Knocking off another star.

***DUPE ALERT!*** This stuff is a near perfect dupe for Julie Hewitt's Cheekie in Peachie. Even their textures are almost identical! The only difference is that this lipstick is not quite as orange-y as the cheekie, but when swatched I had to look very hard to see a difference. Oh yeah, and this lipstick is $16 dollars cheaper!!!!!!!! continued >>