July 28, 2014 | 2038 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED & REFORMULATED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by natchi502

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation.

I have been a foundation wearer since I can remember. I started off using powder, and decided to give liquid a go. I have tried numerous brands (mostly high end) and nothing has come close to the performance as Shiseido has.

Keeps the shiny at bay, applies like a dream, GREAT coverage! Can't complain about the SPF either. I use this along with Prep and Prime from Mac SPF 50 and set with a powder. Works wonders

Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by diffa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG foundation for the summer! If you have oily skin like me, this is the perfect foundation for you. I got this foundation after I tried Shiseido's Dual Foundation, which I also love, and I can honestly say that I am even more in love with this foundation! Why you ask?

Pros:
    - blends like a dream. It comes with a nice applicator sponge in a little case. It's cute but I think I would rather use a disposable sponge.
    - color match is good and stays true. I'm about NC 25-30 and SP40 is a perfect match.
    - stays matte for hours! It feels like silk for hours after you apply it. It doesn't crease or melt off by the end of the day. I have this problem with a lot of foundations no matter how mattifying or long lasting they say they are.
    -Very high spf of 42 and UVA protection of PA+++. I think this is the only foundation on the US market that offers this! UVA protection is important if you don't want to get burned!
    -waterproof and sweatproof. This means you can be out in the sun and not have your makeup melt right off your face!
    -doesn't oxidize. The color stays true throughout the day.

cons:
    -maybe the price. it is a little expensive for what you get. but I think it's worth it if you're going to be using this for just the summer.
    - packaging is a little bland. it looks just like the sunscreen bottle.

I will be wearing this foundation all summer long!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by roseinhawaii

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this foundation because I absolutely LOVE Shiseido's spf 55 lotion. I'm so glad I did. This is by far the best liquid foundation (formula-wise) I've tried on my oily, acne/clog prone skin. It provides medium to full coverage, depending on how much you apply, and it really lasts all day!!

My one and only complaint about this fdtn is the color selection. It's just terrible!! I'm NC35-40, and I started with SP60. It's close, but it's a bit dark/muddy-looking on my face. I mixed it with a little Shiseido spf 55 lotion, and that corrected some of this problem and also sheered it out a bit. But I decided that I prefer the fuller-coverage look for the time being, so I also got this in SP50. This shade is much too light for me on its own right now, but it has the perfect amount of yellow for blending with SP60. So I just use a small drop of the SP50 with the SP60, and I end up with the perfect color AND the coverage I want!

But aside from issue mentioned above, this foundation is just perfect for me! I doubt it would work as well on those with dry skin. Even with my oily skin, I have to make sure I moisturize--especially around my eyes and mouth. I have no problems removing this, but I use an oil cleanser everyday anyway.

I would most definitely repurchase this. It's the perfect summer foundation and it makes my skin look flawless!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by yunnyunn

I have been on a hunt for a multi-purpose foundation that has sunscreen (at least 15, prefer higher), provides medium coverage, and suitable for oily skin. 'Cause as summer comes, my makeup will naturally melt off my face within 2-3 hours. Plus because I'm pregnant, my skin is sensitive to the sun, so I need extra sun protection as my OB nurse told me. After trying GA Lasting Silk, I was not satisfy with it at all. It gives me a greasy feeling yet gets me flaky skin at the same time, really weird! Then I remember this foundation which I tried a while back, may be during winter time. I forgot why I returned it. But I don't remember hating it. So I went to the Macy's counter and have it matched for me.

In my opinion, SP4 and SP5 is almost the same color. So my somewhat NC25 probably more like NC30 skin, I can use both with no problem. I ended up getting SP5 only because my neck is slightly darker than my face, so I went for the supposingly darker shade so my face won't be totally off color than my neck.

I like the coverage, it's definitely medium. I don't need to use concealer for my minor dark circle nor my acne scars. It has a matte finish but not mask like, so that's good. It has a slight scent of the signature Shiseido sunscreen smell, which is not too bothering to me. It fades away about 1/2 hour of wear. It doesn't seem to irritate my skin, and the SPF 42 is exactly what I look for.

I pair this with Shiseido's new sheer compact with SPF 22 in O40. I only use the powder on my nose and to touch up. This sun protection foundation doesn't require any finishing powder nor primer. The compact is perfect to keep my nose from shinning, and add more coverage if needed. Overall, I think this is a keeper definitely for summer time. In winter, I'm not sure if I want to wear such high SPF all day long. Would buy again without a doubt.

Update: After been wearing it for a few days, with and without primer and/or moisturizer. I found the best result came from on clean face, first put moisturizer only at area where needed, for me, that would be my under eyes, cheek and corners of my lips. Then I usually leave the house, drive to work, wait till all moisturizer are dried out, then put on primer. I tried using both Shiseido's premakeup cream and L'Oreal's studio secret, they both help to prolong (12+ hrs, with 1 touch up at oily area) and make my face look much smoother. I still highly recommend this foundation, especially during hot summer days.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by COLLZ09

Well, I really wanted to like this product. I read the reviews on it and it sounded great. I was looking for something with good sun protection ( I am very pale and burn easily) and with staying power. I was a little discouraged by the color selection because there weren't many shades. The palest was slightly dark for me but it wasn't anything too bad. The first few days were great. Then I realized it wasn't staying on as well and was getting shiney, and then I started breaking out, badly. I wasn't sure what it was at first but after reading the negative reviews I noticed a lot of people did get break outs from it. I immediately stopped using it and switched back to Almay's TLC. My breakouts stopped immediately and withing 3 days I was clear. I wish I could have liked it (especially after what I paid for it) but oh well. I will definitely NOt be using it anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2010 7:38:00 AM More reviews by raffles

Really happy with this foundation. I have combination skin, blemish-prone and also have melasma - so I need something good! This is a nice consistency - very thin but still has good medium coverage. Pretty good at keeping skin matt throughout the day. I bought this mainly for the high SPF, and find this a much better option that wearing sunscreen underneath my foundation as it feels less heavy. It also feels lighter that Revlon Colourstay, though coverage is comparable.

BTW I have this in the second lightest shade (20 I think), which is great for my light to medium toned skin. There are no very pale colours, so I sometimes find I have to wear bronzer/fake tan on my body so that I match!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by notalike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW, I'm pleased. I have tried so many different foundations over the years - drugstore and high-end. Nothing comes close to this one.

My skin is oily combo and acne prone. I have always struggled to get rid of my shiny forehead and chin. This product does it. It mattifies without looking caky.

Even though the texture is runny, foundation brush is not gonna work. I found it better to use my fingers and then finishing touches with a wet sponge. Also, i found it better to use small amount and apply to the desired area and repeat, otherwise it tends to solidify just a little. Not a big deal though.

Color choice is not that great though. Luckily the one I chose (SP 60) matched my skin perfectly. If the options they have matches your skin color, it's a must try. Cost $32 (something like that).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 9:44:00 PM More reviews by ilovechocolat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

HG foundation. Love it love it love it. I've tried other foundations (chanel, MUFE, MAC, Revlon, etc...) but this little blue bottle beats them all. All the others had some fault: too cakey, not good color selection, too cakey, hard to apply and/or blend, too cakey, not enough coverage...
    this one is perfect.

The consistency is very thin, almost like water, and because of that it feels very light. But don't be fooled! this easily gives you medium coverage and it's buildable if you need more in certain spots (although i have to admit, Revlon colorstay takes the prize for maximum coverage).
    the dispenser is very convenient (better than a pump for such a liquidy foundation), the spf is a huge plus, especially for summer; it doesn't transfer and it also doesn't melt if you sweat. it's supposed to be waterproof, and although it's not completly, i have to say it holds up pretty well against water (once i had to take a shower 2 hours after applying this and i was surprised at how little it faded - i wouldn't have need to reapply it!)

honestly... could you ask for anything more?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by MissHiss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am just going ahead and saying that I love this product. The SP60 tone matches my skin perfectly. It provides good coverage and long lasting. Holds the makeup above it well. It is not that drying (and I have dry skin). I slept with it twice to assess the quality of the product and for me this gets the thumbs-up.

The only thing is the packaging. I wish it came in a makeup bottle with pumps.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by RhondaGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My color is SP40. Shake well, kind of runny, I pour mine on a decorative mirror, and apply with my SK sponge. Buildable coverage, doesn't feel heavy, dries fairly quickly but not too fast (better than RCS). Application is very simple, quick and no fusing required.

I have a TON of red & hyperpigmentation, some of the red dots need some extra attention, but hid all HP. Pores, 50% hidden, and I am expirementing with mineral powder for extra coverage on 3 red dots.

Yesterday in 90 degree heat, went to an outlet mall, which is outside and it held up VERY well and I felt good about having the SPF.

I am very pleased.