July 30, 2014 | 1567 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 6:39:00 AM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really this is just not worth the money.I've used this on and off for years, very much off these days.The reason being I've discovered better at so much cheaper.At an Estee Lauder counter recently I asked the lady if this could be used around eyes. No she said the "company" has special eye products for eyes.This is a nonsense, any well formulated serum or moisturiser can be used around eyes. I did use the eye version of this years ago and it's useless I'm not saying this is a bad product,it's not, it's just so overated..Paula's choice do some excellent serums and the olay regenerist fragrance free version is excellent. I wouldn't go back to this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2013 6:24:00 AM More reviews by chuppachups8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Similar to most 20yos reviewing this product, I don't think it showed the amazing effects everyone says it has. I haven't noticed any skin improvements and I have been using this for a few months. The only advantage of this is one small bottle will last you ages. My sample size product lasted for a few weeks.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by lucyfarfrai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really don't get the hype. A decent moisturising serum, but my skin certainly didn't look or feel any different than it usually does after 2 months of use. I could lake it or leave it as a product, but considering the price, it's not worth it in any way

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by dkrause716

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Advanced Night Repair is my favorite serum ever, hands down. I have bee using it for years. It keeps my skin firm, smooth and brighter. It doesn't feel heavy on the skin and absorbs quickly.
If I run out and don't use it for awhile, I can definitely see the difference. My skin tends to be on the oily side so I need to be careful what I use. Many things make me break out. Never a problem with Night Repair. Love the packaging too. Yes, expensive but worth it and you can get every little last drop out of the bottle!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Zaizurita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

My HG serum. I'm a serum addict and hv tried multiple serums. However, I still go back to this one. I stopped for a while to try another serum and found the other serum lacking. With ANR, after 2 weeks, my face (oily-combi wi hormonal flare-ups), calms down and the pimples lessen. Love it! The only reason it's 4 stars is bec it's quite expensive. But I suppose, u don't hv to use a lot of it...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by cron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is absolutely amazing, the best skincare product I have ever purchased. I have combination skin where my T-zone is somewhat oily but my cheeks can be very dry. I apply ANR at night under my moisturiser and my skin is so happy the next morning. It calms my skin, battles the wee bit of redness in my cheeks, balances the dryness but not increase any oiliness. This did not break me out, in fact there's not a single negative thing I can say about it. I first got a sample and now I use this wee bottle and just refill it form the big bottle I got a few weeks later. I only need a few drops so even though I use it every day, a 50ml bottle will last me 28 weeks, which actually makes it very economical as well. Unless my skin goes crazy, I will continue to use this forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by katyaberk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Having struggling with adult acnes for a last year, I have finally found a serum what would help my skin to recover from those overdrying topical treatments. My bumpy forehead looks smooth and acne scars are fading slowly just only AFTER 2 DAYS OF USING THIS SERUM!!! I see faster result after using EL then after Decleor's Rose Balm& Serum. I live in Australia, so a slight tan is a must have, that's why I apply EL Day wear tinted moisturizer after this serum, and I have never looked so glowing. My skin looks radiant an smooth, no dry patches and hidden blemishes. If you are like me, who wants smooth radiant and plum skin, just give it a go.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by pinkcandii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Perhaps I am the wrong age group to be using this product but I found it had no effects of my shallow crinkles on my forehead, laugh lines around my mouth and eyes. It also had very little moisturizing effect for my very dry sensitive skin during the summer and winter months in the relatively dry climate of Vancouver, Canada.

While this serum did not cause me to break out (or at least I don't think it did), I would not repurchase it again to help with my fine lines on my dry sensitive scare prone acne skin. Perhaps when I am in my mid thirties I would try this product again, but until then I'll stick with Cellbone and Skinceuticals serums.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used one of the earlier incarnations of the Advanced Night Repair years ago .... eh, make that decades ago.

Since then, skincare has been taken storm by the Doctors and all the various machination of the "pharmaceutical grade" types of products.

Skincare just isn't what it was three decades ago. What was premier in the seventies is now pretty much junk "science."

But, I got duped into repurchasing this, because I was reading positive reviews on the web. Even here, at the time of this writing, the repurchase rate is 75 percent.

Huh?

I really wanted to love this product. Really. Because compared to other stuff I use, this would have been a great investment. Save money on skincare, get more perfume! Get that jumbo bottle, save a good chunk of change, and get a million samples with every purchase (Lauder has the best business model in the industry, even if most of their products are wanting).

I tried and tried. Bought the jumbo bottle. Used on my hands, face, neck, chest, just jumped into the vat and knew results were coming. Yep. 75 percent repurchase on MUA, this stuff is gonna rock. Gave it 30 days.

Eh, not so much.

Results were "okay." Nothing to write home about, but disappointed enough to write a two lippie review on MUA.

With all the high tech stuff going on in beauty, EL needs to bring a better game in terms of results. Seriously. No offense, but this product would be like putting Joe Namath out on the field again. That's pretty much when this product was a star, too, imo.

Obviously, Lauder's marketing is second to none.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to begin my review with conflicting feelings. I used Advanced Night Repair off and on (I like to switch products because I feel my skin becomes used to a skin regimen) and I always found it to give my skin a nice glow immediately upon application. I didn't see any specific difference in the morning as to dewiness or special glow. As a matter of fact, I used it as a serum, and then used my other moisturizers on top of it. It can't be used as a stand-alone product, my skin felt too dry, especially in the wintertime. Their site recommends that you add your moisturizer to it. It's a serum and opens the skin for other nourishment. But does it work as the best serum? I don't think so. There are many other products on the market that give you a glow. There are many other products on the market that address issues specifically at a less costly price point. To be fair, there are some good ingredients in ELNR, like olive oil, hyaluronic acid, gram-positive bacteria (like the kind found in your digestive system), vitamin B5 and peptides. On the negative side, it has three colorants, fragrance, preservative and alcohol. I don't think my skin needs fragrance, preservatives, added colorants or the negative alcohol. I'd rather use a much purer product. I recently found out that Estee Lauder does test on animals and they are not cruelty-free. They do test on animals in other countries since other countries allow their factories to do that. Since that information has become publicly known, I will no longer support any product of Estee Lauder, and that includes Clinique, who also tests on animals. I just can't see putting anything on my skin at the cruelty of another animal suffering. Besides, skincare products should be tested on humans, since human skin is where it will ultimately be used. Matter of fact, when I found out this information, I returned my products to my local Macy's counter immediately and told them why I was returning them. I just couldn't justify giving this company my money to torture animals for my expense.
Ingredients:
1.0 oz WATER\AQUA\EAU, BIFIDA FERMENT LYSATE, METHYL GLUCETH-20, PEG-75, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, BIS-PEG-18 METHYL ETHER DIMETHYL SILANE, ARABIDOPSIS THALIANA EXTRACT, TRIPEPTIDE-32, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, LACTOBACILLUS FERMENT, COLA ACUMINATA (KOLA) EXTRACT, RETINYL PALMITATE, PANTETHINE, CAFFEINE, GLYCERETH-26, SODIUM RNA, SQUALANE, OLETH-3 PHOSPHATE, OLETH-3, OLETH-5, BISABOLOL, CHOLETH-24, CETETH-24, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, ANTHEMIS NOBILIS (CHAMOMILE), SODIUM HYALURONATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, LECITHIN, XANTHAN GUM, TEA-CARBOMER, TRISODIUM EDTA, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN, BENZYL ALCOHOL, GREEN 5 (CI 61570), YELLOW 5 (CI 19140), RED 4 (CI 14700)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No