Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam

3.9

Water, Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Sorbitol, Dipropylene Glycol, Lauric Acid, PEG-60 Gyceryl Isostearate, PEG-32, PEG-6, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Fragrance, Trisodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Limonene, Serine, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Tocopherol

on 5/18/2006 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Overall, the packaging was nice but the price is expensive. Wanting to try a whitening cleanser for the first time...I chose the Shiseido White Lucent Brightening cleansing foam. It claims to exfoliate and help remove surface melanin buildup. After trying it for a few days, I felt it did exfoliate my skin after the first wash and subsequent washes as well. But I'm kind of "scared" of it...cause I never had an exfoliation feeling before until this product. So i stopped using it...afraid it might cause harm to my skin. I only use it once in a while, just to use the product up, but not everyday. As for cleaning the face...it is good, if there is no moisturizers, sunscreen on the face. The texture is creamy and it can also be a bit runny if u r not careful. Overall, i would not buy this product again...first, it the price, too expensive for the quantity, secondly, I'm not sure what they put in the product that made me feel it "peeled" something off of my face that scares me...it is a really different feeling that any other products that I have tried before. It "stings" a bit after the first wash...my face feels vulnerable afterwards...so people, beware! if u have sensitive skin.

on 3/12/2006 2:12:00 AM

I got a sample of this and like the reviews before, it foams up pretty easy like other Shiseido cleansers (i've tried pureness, the skincare, revital) but it is the creamiest among all of them. It is not drying at all and my face looked brighter after I washed it off. The smell is very nice also.

on 2/13/2006 2:18:00 AM

There is not much difference between this product and the UV White Cleansing Foam (I use the enriched type II). I have both cleansers on my bath shelf and I always use the White Lucent in the evenings and UV White in the mornings (well, for no particular reason). However, I find that the White Lucent is more creamy and smoother comparing to the UV White and it doesn't leave me any dry or taut feeling at all. The price is about 20-30% pricier than the UV White in Japan. I think both lines are cheaper than other brands' cleansers, still it works as a pricey cleanser should. Highly recommended product!

on 5/31/2005 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have oily skin. It cleans my face very well and leaves it soft. The smell is great. However, I dont like its texture. It's too creamy for me. One who doesn't like foam may try this.

on 5/27/2005 10:19:00 PM

I got a sample set from the local Shiseido counter, which includes the White Lucent Cleasing Foam, Softener, and Moisturizer. At the time I'm in search of a new cleanser that can wash away my sunscreen effectively without stripping away moisture. The Cleansing Foam lathers well with a small amount and gets rid of my water- and perspiration-resistant Shiseido sunscreen effectivly (something which the cleanser I normally use don't do well in). But having used the whole set for a few times my skin has become much dryer than usual, with flakes visible all over. I can only attribute this sudden change to the White Lucent set, since this is the only change in my routine. I'll go back to my normal cleanser because extra effort to get rid of water-resistant sunscreen is still better than unsightly dry skin.

on 3/18/2005 10:51:00 PM

its the new range introduced after the UV whitening..same properties as compared to the UV cleanser,foamy with just a pea size does its magic but i feel it doesnt cleanse as well compared to UV. its still a good product overall though..

on 6/14/2004 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I tried a sample of this. Like all the Shiseido foam cleansers, it foams up nicely with just a pea sized amount and rinses off quickly. However I find it rather drying as compared with the UV White Cleanser II. I don't see any brightening effects - maybe you have to use regularly for a longer period. But would you buy a tube for RM135 when there are cheaper alternatives??