August 22, 2014 | 1169 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by padfoot803

I love this not for cleaning my face, but I use it after I get sunburned. (I live in Florida so this happens more than I would like) What I do is keep it in the fridge, and then rub it completely into the sunburn and it takes the sting out, and since it's cold it feels awesome on burned skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by KandyKisses

O M G, I got this on sale at Walmart for around a little less than three bucks. I figured I would give it a try, since I heard it was good at cleansing deep and removing make-up at night. I use this at night AND in the morning. It's AMAZING! It cleanses sooo well, makes my skin tingly clean-feeling and smoothe! It's great, and the 12oz. jar has been lasting me for such a long time. I will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by xxmscheerleader

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Noxzema has been in my family for generations. My grandma used it, my mom used it, my sister used it and now I'm using it. At first, I would use it and be like "Oh this is not helping with my acne at all!" But I still kept using it. I expected my acne to be gone the next day, but you do see results. I keep using it and my skin is definitely clearing up. I recommend this and the noxzema clean blemish control daily scrub for your exfoliater and a light moisturizer afterwords. And of course, if your going outside, you need the good old SPF !!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by KylesBeguiles928

One of the most irritating and misguided skincare products on the market. How it's lasted this long is based upon old wive's tale (older people recommending it to the next generation) and nothing else. Horrible base formula laden with volatile compounds that are layers of irritation waiting to happen. Anything that makes your face tingle is just bad news - whether or not your skin shows signs of irritation, the tingle is causing cellular damage. Adding insult to injury, the jar packaging causes the white cream to quickly turn yellow and spoil (although the sooner you rid your life of Noxzema Original Skin Cream, the better it will be). If you prefer a rich-feeling cleanser like this, find a fragrance-free lotion cleanser or even a cold creme used with a wet washcloth - at least then you will not be subjecting your skin to all the menthol, camphor, eucalyptus, and stress. Avoid at all costs!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by rosydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser. It doesn't irritate my very sensitive skin, but it does a good job cleaning off the daily grime. It also doesn't aggravate my acne. My favorite thing about it is that it rinses off very easily, unlike other soapy cleansers that leave an annoying film on your face. So I don't feel like I need a toner after I use this stuff, which saves me a step (less is more in my skin care philosophy.) I paid just over $4 at Walmart for it, a pittance compared to more expensive cleansers I've used with less favorable results. It's been around forever for a reason. It leaves my skin soft and cleansed without feeling too tight. Great stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by mimimd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG, timeless product =)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 11:29:00 AM More reviews by booboo88

omg! I've been using this for about a week and my skin has done a 180! when I started using it I had about 4 of 5 really bad painful bumps and i had been trying out the clean and clear face wash that has ginger and is supposed to "wake up you" (just awful! using it as hand soap now, smells like Dial) i found this in my medicine cabinet and figured i had nothing to lose. I AM SO IN LOVE! my skin looks awesome, I feel like I could go without makeup! it doesn't dry my skin out or anything! feels great when you use it and smells awesome! this really surprised me but if it keeps working like this i could see it becoming an HG face wash.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by foe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's funny, I don't get a greasy film with this at all, just soft, clean skin. But it is kind of a weird feeling for those like me who were used to foam cleansers or whatnot - Noxzema cleans my skin without that tight, dry feeling afterwards. It's kind of trippy, at first I was worried that it wasn't working - but my skin really, really likes this.

One thing that Noxzema doesn't do, however, is remove makeup. Or at least not my makeup. So I started using Jojoba oil as a pre-cleanse, slathering it on and then using a baby wipe to remove. Noxzema takes care of the residue, no breakouts at all.

Even though my mother always recommended this product back during my teenage breakout days, I started using Noxzema when the fab, youthful looking mother of a friend said this was the only cleanser she used on her face. And she looks incredible so nuff said, in my book.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by SpicyCurry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Noxzema, I use it as my daily face wash, and even as a shaving lotion! I can be very breakout prone if I use the wrong products, and so is my hubby, and he swears by Noxzema as much as I do! I buy the pump version, because it's just so much more convenient to use, and works just as good! I follow it with Sea Breeze astringent, which has similar ingredients to Noxzema, so for those who feel this leaves a film behind on their face, might want to follow cleansing with a toner. I know that skincare guru Paula B., hates this product, but I gotta go with what it does for my skin, which is keeps it blemish free!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by SoWhatWhoCares

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG, this is so fun to use!

I was bored so I was perusing reviews when I cam accross the reviews for this product, which I used to use when I was 13 or 14.

I have no memory of how it worked then, but I felt so grown up and ladylike using it, so I have a nostalgic attachment to this, even though everything I know about skincare tells me this can't be good for the face (too harsh with the fragrant oils).

Nonetheless, I decided to try it again. Unfortunately, as others have noted, this leaves a greasy film on the face.

But oh how fun it is to use! It feels awesome on my skin (which is sensitive) and the smell is so satisfying! Because of this, I may use this as a precleanser (the way I use oil), but I will have to use this on a full makeup day to know if it works for that purpose.

I can't imagine this could be good for anyone who has ever had aclogged pore unless they use another cleanser afterwards.