Redken Hair Cleansing Cream

4.5

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Fragrance, Pentasodium Pentetate, Limonene, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Stearic Acid, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Amino Methyl Propanol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Wheat Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citrus Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract

on 10/27/2009 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I generally wait until I have used a shampoo a few times to review it but this morning I washed my hair with this Redken shampoo and was so impressed and excited that I have to review it. My layered medium-length reddish blonde hair looks fantastic. The layers lay the way they should without styling. My hair is soft and I credit the Allsoft Conditioner which I mated with it. I'd read reviews on several sites about the Allsoft shampoo not being good, so I decided to try this one to clarify and moisturize my hair. There is a Natural Instinct rinse on it but this shampoo left the color alone and took away the brassiness.

I wash my hair every other day and use a few different shampoos which I rotate. I will probably use this one every other week because I have read comments about this product being too clarifying if used too often. Not only do I highly recommend this shampoo, but my teenaged daughter with her fine hair was "forced to use Mom's s&c" this morning (someone had taken her usuals out of the shower) and she even admitted that her hair is lustrous and soft.

The price is reasonable and there is no weird smell, just fragrance which is a Redken staple. I am making this one a permanent member of the shampoo rotation but since just a quarter-sized squeeze will do the job, the bottle will last me many months.

on 10/24/2009 9:55:00 AM

I use this product once every five weeks, the night before I go for salon coloring services. It strips my hair of all my build up and makes my hair more receptive to coloring. My stylist noticed a difference when I first started doing this even without telling her I had done something new. Now, she tells all her clients to use it the night before coloring.

After I use the cleansing cream, I use the Fekkai Protein RX Treatment Mask. It is lovely.

Highly recommend.

on 9/15/2009 7:51:00 PM

I purchased at ube of this shampoo years ago and used it up. I forgot how great it was until I went to a new salon that uses Redken products. I went in for cut and style and this shampoo was used at the sink. My highlights looked brighter from one use. I have since purchased another bottle. I use this once every two weeks. I have highlighted blonde hair and this shampoo does not leave me dry or strip or fade my colour. I like the clean citrusy smell. This is the only clarifying/chelating shampoo I will use.

on 9/8/2009 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this cleansing shampoo based on the popular MUA bias; however, I can't really tell a difference. The only product I use in my hair nowadays is CHI Shine Infusion every 2-3 days. I guess this is more geared towards those that use more styling products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I really, really like this shampoo. It's a great clarifying/chelating shampoo. I love that it doesn't completely strip your hair and leave it feeling like straw-- it lathers WONDERFULLY (a teeny bit is all you need) and cleans your hair and scalp beautifully. I also love that it is safe for color-treated hair; so like some other clarifying shampoo's which will MOST DEFINITELY strip your hair and it's color, this is color safe and leaves your hair soft and clean. =]

on 8/26/2009 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is an amazing clarifying shampoo. I use it about once every two weeks and it doesn't dry out my hair or irritate my scalp. I love that you can deep clean your hair by leaving it on for a little longer when you use it. It's super creamy and a tiny bit is all you need. You get an immediate rich lather with the tiniest amount. I got it on sale during a BOGO sale at Ulta but will definitely pay full price when I need to repurchase.
The only thing I'm not too happy with is the cap. It seems like it's made out of thin plastic and it's not sturdy. I sometimes fear the bottle will fall and all the shampoo will come out.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I went in search for an organic claryfying shampoo and an ulta saleswoman suggested this product for me.This product is really good plus it is creamy. My scalp is very sensitive to clear shampoos and i break out instantly. This shampoo didnt break me out at all and infact when you use a conditioner after shampooing your hair will absorb it even better and you can see instant results. Plus this doesnt dry your hair out at all

on 7/22/2009 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My cousin owns a salon and told me I needed to use this. I bought a small bottle from her and just fell in love. It is super cleansing, leaves your hair feeling clean and hydrated without being heavy, and rinses away beautifully. Definitely buy it at Ulta in the liter bottle. You get more product for your money at about $22-23. Watch out for sales, though, a couple of times through the year Ulta will put their liter bottles on sale for 13.99 and when that happens I stock up!

on 7/16/2009 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I regularly use this and it's great for build-up or if you have hard water. It removes any gunk from your hair. I lather it in my hair and leave it on for about 3-5 minutes and then rinse. My hair is squeaky clean afterwards. I follow up with either All Soft conditioner or the Blonde Glam Pure Pearl. It makes my hair feel awesome! A bottle lasts a while too since you don't use it daily. I use it about once every week or two.

on 7/15/2009 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this shampoo! I use the Redken Real Control line and it tends to leave some build-up in my hair due to the shea butter.. Have no fear, Hair Cleansing Cream is here! This clarifying shampoo is made with fruit acids and cleans my hair like no other! I use it 2x a week and it makes my hair feel super clean but never dry! It also smells like grapefruit which is nice and refreshing.. I got a liter of this for $13.99 on sale at Ulta and it should last me for quite awhile considering how often I use it. I love love love Redken!