October 24, 2014 | 1271 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Super Skinny Daily Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2004 4:01:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this Shampoo! Very rare that i find a shampoo that leaves my hair silky and free of knots before i even condition (dont get me wrong, i still condition after this!) I have shoulder length thick, dry damaged hair that i wash every day, and use a flat iron (ceramic) on it every day also, so I constantly abuse my hair! This smells nice and fresh, like a crisp green apple- great lather and cool tall skinny bottle! I was pleasantly surprised by this. I did not notice a shorter dry time, but that is okay.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2004 3:31:00 PM More reviews by kls17

Eeek! This shampoo was BAD. It left my hair feeling incredibly stripped and FRIZZY. It was totally the opposite of what I thought it was going to do. I love the smell and price, but not enough for me to keep using it. The conditioner is equally bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2003 7:06:00 PM More reviews by LiLSeXy

This shampoo did a good job of straightening my slightly wavy hair, but it also contributed to making my hair more oily. Has a great smell though.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2003 3:22:00 PM More reviews by jackie83413

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Skinny?! A big NO NO here. I have slight wavy asian hair, sometimes I just feel like to make it look sleeker without any blow drying or flat ironing ( not very good at it either).And this product just makes my hair look twice as big,what's even worse is that it made my shiny hair look matte and dry and at the ends. What happened? good thing i got it on sale($10 something for both shampoo and conditioner) Will not purchase again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2003 5:34:00 PM More reviews by luckie

i adore this shampoo and conditioner! really does make the hair skinny and smooth. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2003 5:24:00 PM More reviews by ptucci

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first product to actually help with my frizzies even on humid days. It did take a few times using it before I noticed the difference. The only problem is I have tons of other shampoos and I don't want to use anything else on my hair anymore!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2003 12:36:00 PM More reviews by LucyBJ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Loving it! It actually cut my drying time. I also use the conditioner. No buildup. Yeah!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2003 6:59:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow, this product REALLY didn't work for my hair! My hair is coarse, thick, and has been thermally reconditioned. When I blow dry my hair, this stuff makes it limp and dull (instead of smooth and sleek) and when I let my hair air dry, it dries into matted looking, tangled mess. I don't know if it was too drying (makes sense since it dehydrates your hair strand) or what but I have literally never had such a bad experience with a shampoo before - my hair didn't even feel clean afterwards. The one good thing about this shampoo was that it smelled fabulous. Ugh!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2003 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Girlfixer

The only good thing about this product is the packaging. I bought this because I am a hair care junkie. This product claims to reduce drying time: not at all. This product claims to give hair an overall flat look with no volume. It really didn't do a thing.

I will not buy this again and I wouldn't recommend it. I will stick to Matrix's sleek look products - they even smell better!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2003 1:47:00 AM More reviews by paleviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this to try and tame the frizzball that is my hair, especially when the weather starts changing. Since I am a hairdresser, I get all hair products dirt cheap, so price point isn't a consideration.
I bought this special duo in a green bag with the Super Skinny conditioner. I love the skinny, sleek bottles and the bright green accents. The shampoo and conditioner smell AMAZING, which is by far their most redeeming quality. This shampoo claims to displace water in the hair shaft, therefore making the diameter of each strand thinner (ie smoother) until your next shampoo. It also claims to reduce drying time.
The shampoo is crystal clear (no moisturizing properties, bad for a bleach-head like me) and lathers well. The conditioner is super thick and creamy, and detangles well, but doesn't leave my hair as soft as others (Kenra Moisturizing conditioner, Catwalk Fashionista).
I honestly do not see any smoothing difference, or reduced drying time. My hair smells amazing, but I don't know if I will repurchase for any other reason. The smell might sway me, though. It's that good - like green apples and sugar. I have been using this duo for less than a week, perhaps it takes longer to start working. Who knows. continued >>