December 19, 2014 | 1700 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Anonzieh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ruby woo is a cult favorite lipstick and loved by many, this colour is the perfect bright red lipstick it helps my channel my inner marilyn monroe it is very very drying and i have to exfoliate and put balm on my lips before i can even attempt to put this on as i would highlight any bit of dry skin you have on your lips it having said that it is such a beautiful bright red it does takes a couple coats for this to be full opaque however it is truly a beautiful color and looks beautiful on every skin tone this is one lipstick i always have in my make up this is my staple red and looks beautiful on my nc45 skin i found it lasted up to 5 hours on my lips before i needed to reapply

for the people who are on the fence about this lipstick it is so worth the gamble!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

Ruby woo was my first ever choice of Mac lipstick. Then i started evaluating to Peachstock, Snob, Saint Germaint, and Pink Noveau. I had collected them all. The only shade i managed to use up 3 full tubes of within a matter of months was Snob. Other than that i gave the rest away as i started noticing Wet N Wild actually had figured out to master the Mac lip formula and lip shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by moxious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was turned onto Ruby Woo after lamenting endlessly to a salesperson that I could never find the Perfect Red Lipstick. Too orange, too blue, too dull, too shiny - the list goes on forever! What the hell, I think, I'll give this one a try. Let me tell you, I should probably go back and marry that salesperson.

Now, I'm very pale with warm undertones, and the colour sits perfect with my complexion. I've pulled it off with fire engine red hair, black hair, blonde hair and purple hair, so I'm going to hazard a guess and say just about any hair colour could make it work. This is a real screen siren red, guaranteed to make people look and bring in a few compliments about your impeccable taste in lipstick. It also smells like dreams in a tube.

Take note, it is TRUE matte lipstick - there is not a hint of shine whatsoever, and as someone who hates sparkly, sticky mouth, that is more exciting than finding twenty bucks in a winter coat. It does go on very dry from the tube. I apply it with a lip brush instead, and I've never really had a problem with it drying my lips out - except in winter, when everything's dry. I just put a little bit of lip balm on, finish the rest of my make up, and pop on my Ruby Woo. Goes on like a dream, wouldn't come off in a hurricane.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Izzymakeupx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Such a gorgeous colour. My first ever MAC lipstick, so it'll always have a place in my heart :')

PROS:
Honestly and truly matte
Really flattering shade of red
Lasts through anything
Sleek MAC packaging, always a win
Smells like all the happiness in the world

CONS:
Extremely dry, wear a balm or you will suffer

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by CrZyGrrrL479

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Am I the only one that doesn't think this is a blue based red? To me it is has orange undertones. Gorgeous on lots of girls but not very flattering on me because it looks orangey red!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Wutthehector

This is my absolute favorite lipstick. It's great for the holidays with MAC Cherry Lip Liner and it's also great for summer with MAC Redd Lip Liner. Obsessed. It's TRULY MATTE, which I LOVE!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by asasirry

Finally a super matte lipstick that doesnt dry out my lips!
Ok it is a bit drying, but not as much as i would expect from such a matte one.
And even if it would dry me out completly I would suck it up because this colour is just totally worth it!!
sexysexysexy and stays on a while, just watch out for icecream. xx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have finally found my perfect red! This is my 5th MAC lipstick. I have been wanting this color for ages now. This def beats all of my drugstore reds...it is SO vibrant and bright! This is honestly the perfect pin up red. I wore this on my birthday yesterday n I got soo many compliments!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by JazzyTheresa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think Mac is over rated. Coastal Scents is just as great and you get more product. Ruby Woo is a great color but it's dry and chalky even with a gloss or Chapstick

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Rachelou1802

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ruby woo !!! The best red lipstick ever !!! It's the best. It stay all day but it is super drying. You just need to put a lip balm underneath it. It's worth trying it!