MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

4.4

on 10/9/2013 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I adore this lipstick! It has the perfect matte finish and lasts forever on the lips! Just be aware that this is a retro matte lipstick, which means it is extremely drying and the lips must be very moisturized in order to make it work.

on 10/6/2013 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm on the fence when it comes to this lipstick. I love the colour so much, it's very bright and lively but the texture is so drying! I guess it's made that way to be long-lasting on the lips and to prevent reapplying frequently. Everytime I apply this to my lips, it's NOT a smooth application at all. It drags on your lips and you really have to be careful since it stains, in the case you get this on the skin around your mouth. I moisturize my lips first with my Nivea lip balm then I wipe off the lip balm before putting this on. An application usually lasts me around five hours with frequent drinking and talking. I guess it's good money overlooking the texture, so long as you moisturize well beforehand!

on 10/6/2013 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

At first, I love MAC lipsticks. Ruby Woo is a passionate red lipstick, but I would like it to be a little darker. I don't think I would buy that again, because it's extremely dry, and my favorite MAC red lipstick is Classic Dame (mattene).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

love the shade would have rated higher if it was so drying but its a lovely red.

on 9/29/2013 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love Ruby Woo! It is drying, not going to lie. But I find if I exfoliate my lips & moisturizer before I apply it's not so bad. I wore it last night out for dinner/drinks & it stayed on so well. Only touched up once the whole night! I pair it with Mac Cherry lipliner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I just love how long wearing this is! I can eat, drink and everything and it lasts all day. It is dry, but that's why it's so long lasting. Dry but not drying. If you don't like the dryness try using a lip primer first or a lip balm (like Burts Bees). Overall, best lipstick ever!!

on 9/26/2013 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Must have retro red in my opinion. My lips look like velvet when I wear ruby woo. smells amazing and stays put all day. A lip liner is not super necessary but I sometimes use NYX hot red (not a perfect match but does the job).

on 9/8/2013 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I'm NC20 and rather cool toned (maybe neutral?).

I really love the retro matte texture but I think it's a controversial finish, I have sensitive lips but with proper exfoliation and moisturizing it's not that bad as some people say.

Story of how I got it and experiences wearing it:

I never really wore lipstick before I purchased this one, but got all excited about finding a red that I can pull off. The girls at the MAC store were really helpful and nice to me even though I looked a little outsider because I traveled with a big old ugly backpack. I told them that I'm newb, I want to try Ruby Woo because I read so much about it. Long story short, it looked really bright on me but since I never really wore lipstick it was just the shock. I bought it with a Cherry lipliner and I think it fits perfectly.
I had it on for a 3 hour traintrip and went home. A guy friend was there with my SO at the moment and he immediately went "WOW" when he saw me, usually he treats me like any other guy so it was a real compliment.

It's a real confidence booster, everytime I wore it I got compliments and looks. I still have to build up courage to go out in it because I have uneven lips and it's a little hard to apply properly, but the lipliner helps a lot.

I would repurchase and I'm delighted to hear they made new retro matte lipsticks since, can't wait to get some!

on 9/7/2013 12:04:00 PM

My sister give me this lipstick for my birthday last year (in october) and I fell in love with it at first sight!, I'm a little obsessed with everything that its matte, so this was and still is one of my favorites.

Ruby woo is really really pigmented! so you need to be super careful when you apply it, but once is in your lips it's worth the struggles. The color last for a great amount of time and it's just the perfect red in my opinion.

My only problem is the price, here in Chile they cost the double that in the United States while other brands have almost the same price tag in both countries. Even so, I think I'll be rebuying this time and again.

on 9/1/2013 7:43:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I own both Russian red and Ruby woo, but I prefer the latter coz it looks more flattering on my nC20 skintone. I love the retro matte formula, which makes it last longer.

Popular Lipsticks