April 18, 2014 | 942 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by HIYELLOW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ruby Woo's reputation is well-earned. I am an NC 25 or so with yellow undertones and dark hair. This red is excellent. It does not look too orange or too pink. It looks RED like it is supposed to. It is very bright but it is matte so there is no glisten and no sparkle. It can be drying as noted, but exfoliate lips first, apply vaseline, wipe off, then apply RW. This is a classic color and looks professional with a suit and minimal eye makeup or sexy with a dress. I see why this is a popular staple. I give it a 4 because it is matte and so dry. Fashion Fair's Sangria has Ruby Woo beat for texture, smell, and most of all gorgeous color that stays.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by didi23

I love this lipstick. Yes it is drying, but it is supposed to have a retro matte feel to it. If it is way too drying then Russian Red or Absolute power (LE) will be less drying. Either way, it lasts all day. It is a bright in your face red that can be scary, but I make it brown girl friendly by pairing it with MAC chestnut liner, or Nightmoth liner. Either I love it with dark smokey eyes, or winged liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by raheela92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE
this lippy is a matte deep red
think- rita ora or marilyn monroe red
`its that deep sexy colour
really need to use a liner with this tho as it needs to be CRISP
ruby woo is not forgiving at all. but its a gorgeous colour.
it is a little hards to drag across the lips as the consistency is quite dry so id suggest a lip scrub & a waxy balm before applying.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 6:35:00 AM More reviews by redvalentine

Just for its color,I gave it 5point although I dont like its texture.İt is very hard to apply,and it is very dry.Also it is not long lasting,it flys away in a smallest touch.These are all what disappointed me about this lipstick.But its color wonderful which is the cause for me to give 5point to it.İt looks wonderful on my lips especially with an appropriate lip liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 8:20:00 AM More reviews by tatabyuti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mac ruby woo is the best lipstick ever. I love the color and it is a long lasting. I apply lip balm first and mac cherry lip liner before applying this ruby woo lipstick. I received good compliments. Aside from ruby woo, i also have russian red, pink noveau and brick-o-la. For me, MAC is the best lipstick brand

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 2:34:00 AM More reviews by lindsaymak10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the color, packaging, scent, staying power...ease of application is a little tough, but I put up with it because I love it SO much. HG red lippy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Vadzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As an NC42 with full lips I've never plucked up the courage to wear a bright red lipstick until I was bullied by a friend to try Ruby Woo when I was at the MAC counter. It is the most stunning red lipstick I have ever seen, and whenever I wear it I get so many compliments! Its a bright red that works with all skin tones, I pair it with cherry liner so it doesn't bleed. Its eye-catching and a really true red. It is quite drying so I make sure my lips are hydrated well before applying. I will continue to repurchase this forever most likely. Don't bother looking for a dupe, invest in Ruby Woo, its the best purchase I've made this year.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2012 2:36:00 AM More reviews by TheShe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

There isn't much to say that hasn't already been said - I love the color and find it really flattering on almost everyone. The one reason I'm adding my two cents is to say about the dryness: I LOVE that it's so dry. When I'm wearing red lipstick I'm always a bit worried about it smearing, so I end up checking it in a mirror all the time and that's annoying. But I never worry about that with Ruby Woo, because it's so dry, it just literally doesn't go anywhere. It lasts longer and smudges less on me than those "long wearing" lipsticks you paint on and use a topcoat.
I love it. Will always re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 4:25:00 AM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

My HG lipstick!

I declare lipsticks to be good if they are: long lasting, don't feather outside my lips and make my full lips even fuller.
MAC Ruby Woo does all this, and it is such a great sophisticated, red lipstick. It is a matte lipstick that feels drying when you put it on your lips, but the non-creamy formulation means that IT WILL LAST and not feather outside your lips even without a lip liner. And yes, this little baby lasts very well through vigorous drinking and eating! Moreover, it doesn't make my full lips look bad. The packaging is also so lovely - a little black bullet embossed with silver writing, MAC. The scent is also a nice change - I was used to smelling the cheap and overpowering scents of cheaper drugstore lipsticks - but ooh, the subtle smell of vanilla is a very nice touch :-). Even though the price of the lipstick is a little steep ($36 AUD), I will certainly repurchase just for the lipstick's longevity and gorgeous colour.

NB: If you find the lipstick drying, put lip balm before applying lipstick and wait for 5 minutes before you wipe it off and apply the lipstick on!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Vferent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A classic in-your-face red. Really makes a statement, however being only 18 years old I don't really feel I can get away with wearing this out and about just yet. But sometimes I apply a tiny amount and smudge it in to my lips for a flushed look.