October 24, 2014 | 1725 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Midnight Cowboy Rides Again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2007 6:41:00 AM More reviews by Lenna0013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Been wanting this baby for such a long time... I honestly didn't know what to expect in person, but it's a deeper beige shade with tons of silver glitter, and it's not gritty, and blends and stays on wonderfully. All the ladies who're afraid of glitter fallout should stay away though, but I personally don't mind it, I'm too amazed with the quality and look of glitter that stays on my lids - I got complimented wearing this yesterday too! So, this is a must for all glitter lovers. I like the packaging too, only wish it came w/a little applicator (Yes, I'm spoiled lol).
EDIT: Girls, don't buy if you don't like glitter! I just read all the newer reviews and am surprised why give a glittery eyeshadow such bad reviews if it says SPECIFICALLY that it's a GLITTERY beige.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2007 1:30:00 PM More reviews by mtalla27

This is a beautiful eyeshadow for anyone who isn't afraid of glitter. Previous reviews have mentioned the falling glitter, which does end up on the tops of your cheeks. When you are going out at night it is a nice effect. However, during the day at the office you should apply it with a light hand. If you like glitter and can pull it off I say wear it. There is no age restrictions on makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2007 3:06:00 PM More reviews by cassie785l

At first I was scared of all the silver glitter in this eyeshadow, but the color alone was enough to convince me to try it out. As long as I apply it wet and use my primer potion underneath, glitter fallout is not a problem for me. I would not recommend this for the office, or for anyone over the age of 25, although it is very fun and flirty for a night out. My boyfriend compliments me whenever I wear it too, which is rare for him.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2007 2:33:00 PM More reviews by veronabrit

i love this eyeshadow, it looks great alone or layerd over others. The amount of glitter is just right and stays on pretty well. Definately one of my fave eyeshadows, and i hardly every wear eyeshadow but this is one i will always use on a night out :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2007 7:15:00 PM More reviews by marinnashea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very pretty in the pot but once I put this on I had glitter all over my cheeks and under my eyes. It was like every time I blinked glitter would come off my lids LOL!
Nice to wear out I guess but not for everyday use. Probably won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2007 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Nivia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful color, too old for the falling glitter. Had it all over my cheeks and then some. Which is fun but not age appropriate at all. All of the UD neutrals in the beige family are great and unsurpassed. They can't be beat. I chose Chopper instead and it has nowhere near the amount of glitter. I like to make a neutral eye because I don't wear any other eye products, nor do I combine shadows. I just like a neutral shadow that isn't matte and isn't too partyish. Darn, I may just have to get some anyway. It's so beautiful that even small things like silvery flecks can be forgiven.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2007 12:01:00 AM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this eyeshadow. I love the glitter (it's great for the club), and the color is good for daytime use, too. It's so pretty, and it compliments my tan Filipino skin (I'm pretty sure it would work with any skin tone/color). I like wearing it with UD's Twice Baked. Some of the glitter particles do stray and end up at the tops of my cheeks, but I don't really mind.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2007 1:25:00 PM More reviews by thefairestlady1012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Urban Decay is an expert at making beautiful eyeshadow, especially colors that are neutrals with a twist. Midnight Cowboy Rides Again is no exception either. I wear this one both days and evenings in the crease along with Lancome's Click, Midnight Cowboy and Lancome's Waif as a wash and lid shades, and Midnight Cowgirl overtop everything and on my browbones. This color is slightly darker than Midnight Cowboy and cowgirl and also looks great alone. This one contains both gold and silver glitter making the entire look mentioned above a "neutral with oomph!" masterpiece in my opinion. I'm thinking about purchasing UD'd new shade called "Sellout", a pinkish-champagne beige with few sparkles, to add to the list of "lid and wash" shades in the above look. Get this one its very versatile and pretty and you will not regret it. (Especially if you enjoy sparkly eyeshadow}.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2007 10:03:00 AM More reviews by BunnyRabbit21

I'm wearing this for the first time today and I'm in love with it! I have very fair skin and I wore this alone, and it looks gorgeous. It doesn't show up with much color on my skin, but you can see just a hint of beige/gold and all the gorgeous sparkles. I did end up with quite a bit of glitter on my cheeks, even though I used Urban Decay's primer potion...I think that in the future I'll try to hold a tissue under my eyes to catch the loose glitter, otherwise it's really hard to get it off my cheeks! But aside from that issue, this shadow is absolutely beautiful. It looks great on it's own, and I'm going to try using it as a base/highlighter as well. This is my first Urban Decay eyeshadow experience, and now I understand why everyone makes a fuss over it. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2007 3:39:00 AM More reviews by toevee

I and the friends I have shown this eyeshadow to unanimously agree - this is one of the best shades we've ever seen. Undoubtedly it is a party eyeshadow; beige though it may be, it contains tons of silver sparkles. Personally, I haven't had any problems with excess glitter falling onto my cheeks, but I know other people who have. This problem, however, would easily be eliminated with a touch of eyeshadow primer. (I'm guessing my eyelids are just naturally adhesive, haha.)

Basically, I'd recommend this to anyone - it's one of the most flattering eyeshadows I've ever had the pleasure to meet.