September 30, 2014 | 1773 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Impassioned (Amplified)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 10:18:00 PM More reviews by caleee143

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just got this from the B2M program and I love it! The color is very long lasting though and my lips were still stained pink this morning! For the first time I woke up gorgeous! This definitely isn't for the faint hearted though but give it a try anyways. It looks amazing with my NC40 skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2007 2:25:00 AM More reviews by wickedcurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color in the tube is a pepto-bismol pink. Or as the MA I adore likes to call it "Barbie Blow J*b Pink." And I love it. I've finally given into my girly side and embraced pinks. And thankfully they embraced me back. :) On my lips it's a very...deep bright pink. It's an Amplified formula, though it's very drying for me. I usually pair this with a gloss and simple face (blush, mascera) and go. I'd get this again. -If I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2006 9:31:00 AM More reviews by chocmartini00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably the only hot pink/fushia I have been able to pull of with my warm toned Asian skin. For reference I am Fairly Light/Light in BE and C3 in MAC. The reason why I can pull off this shade of hot pink is because it's mixed in with a bright coral. Also, this is my favorite MAC l/s formulation because it's extremely pigmented and ulta long lasting w/o drying out your lips at all. It's actually a very creamy consistency w/o being slippery or greasy. LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2006 7:51:00 AM More reviews by cyber_showgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the lipstick to wear when you're feeling all Doris-Day retro sunny cute and girlie, its a beautiful 1950's inspired bright, bright, BRIGHT peachy-pink which makes me keep wanting to sneak peaks at myself in the mirror and wink at the cheeky-cute-ness of my reflection when I put this on. DEFINITELY a colour which would look great with cute little prom dresses and kitten-heels type of thing, its bright, feminine and in-your-face without being at all vampish. Uplifting and fun, I wear it teamed it with shimmery pastel eyes, "flicked" eyeliner, and a bit of peachy blush for a totally retro feel.

Wear-wise, the formula's nice and creamy with a slight shine and gives a very pretty effect indeed. Other reviewers have described the colour as "fuschia" but I personally don't think it is (I think of fushchia as a blue-pink, if you want an uber-bright fuschia try "Girl about Town" instead). Instead I would describe Impassioned more like a "pink carnation" type of hue.

If you like the sound of this colour but are shy of trying the "full on" version, try Lustering instead; if you've got and like lustering and think you would enjoy wearing the same shade at x10 intensity, then "Impassioned" is the colour for you. Personally I love it!!! continued >>

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2006 8:14:00 AM More reviews by glamrockgal

too fushia for me.I was going to buy it and wore its tester and I couldnt stand the very Im here color.I guess Im more into baby pinks.this color is very vivid.Not for me!I didnt buy it.I'll try it when Im tanned in summer again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2006 5:47:00 PM More reviews by swaly

This color is like candy––glossy, pink-orange-coral-red, slick, and vivid. I hate that it stains my lips and won't come off with makeup remover or soap, but otherwise it's a gorgeous, unique, near-neon color that goes surprisingly well with my warm-toned Asian skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2005 12:27:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay, I'll admit it: As a cool-toned woman( pinkish-ivory skin, green eyes, dark brown hair), I had serious doubts that "Impassioned" would work for me.
In the tube, it looked waay too warm and too coral for me, though I loved the almost-neon brightness.
BUT once applied, it looks bright reddish-pink and not too warm for me at all. This is the color I'd hoped that "Chatterbox" would be, but wasn't.
I love "Impassioned," but it is worth noting that I have a "thing" for bright lipstick, and not everyone does. As one reviewer observed, this color is not for the timid. Clear gloss on top tones this down some, but it's still bright. Cool-toned ladies, especially, would be wise to try this before buying, if at all possible.

NOTE: If you're looking for a very bright blue-based pink, I highly recommend M.A.C.'s "Girl About Town," which holds the position of my #1 M.A.C. lipstick.
"Impassioned" is a very close second, by virtue of its very slight warmth.
AN ASIDE:I tried putting a light coat of "Pink Poodle" Lipglass over "Impassioned" to "cool off" the coral tones some, and it actually looked good! I didn't know what to expect, but the result was a nice glossy bright not-warm and not-cool pink. I think "Impassioned" will work for most, as long as you like bright colors. I do, and I expect to re-purchase this color.

P.S. Any lingering doubts I had about this color vanished today. A very fashionable lady at church collared me and said that she just*had* to know what lipstick I was wearing(it was "Impassioned"), because it was the prettiest shade she'd ever seen. She was a little taken aback by the name, but vowed that she's going to get some. Her coloring is darker than mine, but I think it will look good on her; she's not shy about bright colors.
UPDATE JUNE 2006: This is my second summer season with "Impassioned," and my feelings about it have evolved from, "Yeah, I think I can make this work..." to "I can't live without it!"

It looks SUPER with bright blue-green, a color I love to wear in spring/summer. I love just a drop of "Snowgirl" Lipglass on top; too much gloss undermines both the color and the wear.

If you're in the mood for a playful warm weather lipstick, I highly, highly recommend trying this one!

UPDATE: The longer I have this, the more I LOVE it! I wear it all the bloomin' time! I can't believe I ever doubted it!

I love it with bright pinks, with greens, with blues, with blue-greens, with white. It really is a summer staple for me. May MAC NEVER discontinue it! continued >>

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2005 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Caprig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

MAC IMPASSIONED lipstick is a very interesting color. I mixed neon red with neon pink and got a color very close to IMPASSIONED, but slightly less "neon".

It is a very bright color- looks amazing with a tan - and following the advice of another MUA review, I love it with burgundy lip liner. Looks awesome.

With bright colors of summer that are in this year, this lipstick will look great- unless you can not wear bright colors.

Consistency is great, this is an amplified formula, which means that there is no shimmer in it. I do not find my lips drying out, and it stays on quite well.

One word of warning, however, this lipstick stains the lips. Don't plan on wearing it for part of the day and trying to go with sheer pastel later. The up side to this is that when the lipstick wears off, it still looks like you have some on. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2005 9:54:00 PM More reviews by jewlznz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i love this colour! i usually use this with a little red/pink lipgloss over it or else on it's own. Such a bright colour, great for going out, and I get so many compliments, mainly from males!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2004 11:59:00 PM More reviews by meToo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A bright hot pink with strong red tones. The way I like this best is the way the MA suggested to wear it: Beet or a burgandy liner, smudged in on the outer edges of the lips, and a little clear lipglass over it. It is absolutely gorgeous that way, and I think it might be a bit much for me if I just wore it alone.