November 23, 2014 | 1791 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2010 1:05:00 AM More reviews by waters2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Despite the leftover, tight feeling, I thought Rinse-Of Foaming Cleanser removed the grime from my face easily. Later, I realized the cleanser left a nasty, uncomfortable film on my face, which I removed by washing twice with my regular cleanser. With repeated use and so many washings, the cleanser and cleansing process shriveled up my skin and caused irritation pustules. I'd much rather wash my face twice with my regular cleanser than use this. I am sensitive to oil-based cleansers, so hoped this would be a good alternative. It may work well for others, but not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by danidani

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I usually wear Lancome Galateis as a cleanser and decided to give Clinique a try...HUGE dissapointment. This cleanser leaves my skin so tight and dry, it does take away the makeup but it feels really harsh on the skin, like hand soap. Im going back to my Galateis Douceur.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2010 7:27:00 AM More reviews by ThatIsNOTHerShade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't put my finger on it, but albeit being 2/3rd the way through bottle of this, I just can't say I'm crazy about it. It removes non-waterproof makeup just fine and hasn't had a negative impact on my skin. Ultimately, I'm just not sold on the feel of the thick cream (not the most luxurious), and I find it leaves my combination-dry skintype a tad tight-feeling.

I will definitely still be searching for my Holy Grail cleanser... continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by jodienas

I got a sample of this product in one of cliniques deals (spend over $... and get ... free) and I'm so glad I have come across this item. I use it in the shower to remove my make-up and it really does remove everything even waterproof mascara. However I don't necessarily think its ok just to use on its own without a cleanser afterwards. After using it and washing it off it kind of makes my skin feel like I have something applied to my face which is kind of strange. After using my cleanser this goes away though. I still remove my make-up first with make-up wipes then use the rinse-off foaming cleanser but on night outs when I'm just getting back in and so craving my bed I can just quickly use this product then worry about cleansing in the morning without fear of panda eyes or breaking out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 8:24:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have mature (almost 50) dry skin but STILL acne prone. This is one of the BEST cleansers that I have ever used. It didn't irritate my skin and left it with a fresh dewy feel. And it takes such a small amount for each cleanse.
My only complaint was the packaging. The tube was hard to get the last bit of the cleanser out of.
But I'll definately get it again and highly recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by poppyglitters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

this is meant as a makeup remover (before you wash you face, i follow with clinique 3 step) i had run out of my MU wipes and had recieved this as a gwp so i decided to try it out. first of all its SUPER drying, i have combo oily skin (oily in my Tzone) and it turned my skin dry and very flaky. also it sucked at removing all my MU, cleansing twice with my cleanser worked better than this. was very dissapointed. will most definitly not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by gobayram

First off this is NOT to rub in your eyes and whatnot. This is a foam CLEANSER. It cleanses your face from all the makeup you've had on all day. It is not meant for eyes, obviously it will burn your eyes. This is to CLEAN your face before you put your toner or moisturizer on (i follow it with my Clinique 3-step skin care system). You're supposed to wipe your eye makeup off with an eye makeup remover, not this.

Anyways, when it comes to the performance of this product i say 5 STARS! I have an oily t-zone and normal cheeks. It never broke me out. I received this in a gift set for purchasing some things at Clinique and i tried it out for about a month and LOVED IT. It does NOT leave any film or anything on your skin. All it does is make your skin feel great since there is no makeup left after using this. A little bit goes a VERY long way. One bottle is $18 and it will last about a year if you use it once a day at night when rinsing your makeup off. I LOVE this stuff. It gets rid of the makeup. It's not meant to clear up your acne or anything like that, its to get the makeup off and leave your face clean. If you have a routine such as the Clinique 3 step you would do all of that after using this product. Before this product i just used to use a makeup wipe and think my face was clean but it really wasn't. This doesn't leave a trace of makeup on your face..foundation, powder, concealer, blush everything is completely gone after washing your face with this.

All in all, this is a great product i just repurchased a full size one today and will never be comfortable using anything else on my face!! Definitely a MUST HAVE for anyone who wears makeup on a daily basis.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by veggiebetty

I received a sample of Clinique's Rinse-off Foaming Cleanser and find it useful in removing makeup. Although it has a creamy consistency, it lathers well and rinses without leaving much residue.
For those interested, I contacted a Clinique representative who informed me this soap is not vegan, as it contains an ingredient derived from sheep's wool extract. If Clinique were to reformulate it without this ingredient, I'd consider purchasing a full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by XCleopatra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

OK I love this stuff. After trying a million different products(keihls, st ives, neutrogena, the list goes on) I finally found this. I suffer from a really oily t zone and clogged pores and this really help remove all the garbage from my face. I barely need to use blotting papers after i switched to this, when i was trying neutrogena i was using like 3 a day. Its really gentle and doesnt leave a film on my face or break me out. I use it as my cleanser because I CANNOT find something that makes my skin feel as good as this. I didnt use this for like 2 days and switched to neutrogena to see what would happen.. and broke out! I will definitly buy this from now on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! It gives such great lather and a little goes a loooong way. I use it in the morning in the shower to rinse off any makeup residue left from the night before and my night cream and it makes my skin feel clean (without feeling stripped) and fresh. I love the squeeze tube and this tube will last for a couple of months i am sure. Definitely will repurchase. oh, and it's 100% fragrance free so it's great for my sensitive, dry, fussy skin :) always a plus.