April 19, 2014 | 1665 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by gobayram

First off this is NOT to rub in your eyes and whatnot. This is a foam CLEANSER. It cleanses your face from all the makeup you've had on all day. It is not meant for eyes, obviously it will burn your eyes. This is to CLEAN your face before you put your toner or moisturizer on (i follow it with my Clinique 3-step skin care system). You're supposed to wipe your eye makeup off with an eye makeup remover, not this.

Anyways, when it comes to the performance of this product i say 5 STARS! I have an oily t-zone and normal cheeks. It never broke me out. I received this in a gift set for purchasing some things at Clinique and i tried it out for about a month and LOVED IT. It does NOT leave any film or anything on your skin. All it does is make your skin feel great since there is no makeup left after using this. A little bit goes a VERY long way. One bottle is $18 and it will last about a year if you use it once a day at night when rinsing your makeup off. I LOVE this stuff. It gets rid of the makeup. It's not meant to clear up your acne or anything like that, its to get the makeup off and leave your face clean. If you have a routine such as the Clinique 3 step you would do all of that after using this product. Before this product i just used to use a makeup wipe and think my face was clean but it really wasn't. This doesn't leave a trace of makeup on your face..foundation, powder, concealer, blush everything is completely gone after washing your face with this.

All in all, this is a great product i just repurchased a full size one today and will never be comfortable using anything else on my face!! Definitely a MUST HAVE for anyone who wears makeup on a daily basis.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by veggiebetty

I received a sample of Clinique's Rinse-off Foaming Cleanser and find it useful in removing makeup. Although it has a creamy consistency, it lathers well and rinses without leaving much residue.
For those interested, I contacted a Clinique representative who informed me this soap is not vegan, as it contains an ingredient derived from sheep's wool extract. If Clinique were to reformulate it without this ingredient, I'd consider purchasing a full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by XCleopatra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

OK I love this stuff. After trying a million different products(keihls, st ives, neutrogena, the list goes on) I finally found this. I suffer from a really oily t zone and clogged pores and this really help remove all the garbage from my face. I barely need to use blotting papers after i switched to this, when i was trying neutrogena i was using like 3 a day. Its really gentle and doesnt leave a film on my face or break me out. I use it as my cleanser because I CANNOT find something that makes my skin feel as good as this. I didnt use this for like 2 days and switched to neutrogena to see what would happen.. and broke out! I will definitly buy this from now on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! It gives such great lather and a little goes a loooong way. I use it in the morning in the shower to rinse off any makeup residue left from the night before and my night cream and it makes my skin feel clean (without feeling stripped) and fresh. I love the squeeze tube and this tube will last for a couple of months i am sure. Definitely will repurchase. oh, and it's 100% fragrance free so it's great for my sensitive, dry, fussy skin :) always a plus.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2010 4:35:00 AM More reviews by martas777

This cleanser makes my skin feel dry. It cleanse the skin well but do not try to remove eye make up with this. Oh my god it made my eyes itchy and burning red. Overall I didn't like it and will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Adrianlu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this to take off lighter make up and also sometimes as a morning cleanser when my skin is drier. This takes off makeup well and I follow it with Clinique's mild liquid facial cleanser at night. Beautiful feeling creamy lather, no fragrance and does not dry out my skin. Also has not caused breakouts or rashes on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by CourtneyEuphoric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this cleanser I use it as a skin makeup remover I really like the lather its really soft even b4 the 3step system my skin looks great if u don't wear makeup u don't need to pre wash but if u do wear face makeup and u only wash your face once you r only removing your makeup not cleasing your skin but with the 3 steps this paticular cleanser is not a must u could use any cleanser since you would be following with the 3 steps anyway but I do love this one myself

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by SweetDecadence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

This product does exactly what I needed it for. It removes make up effctively and sunscreen effectively before you use your cleanser.

I did find that it removed heavy makeup with ease both eye and facial. (Illamasqua "Rich Liquid Foundation" anyone?) The sales rep said to use on some cotton wool but instead i chose too wet my face and hands then put a small 5p amount on my finger tip. Rub it between your hands then onto your face. I found it worked quite well using this method.

That being said there are cons to this product. It's rather costly for such a simple make up remover. I got a feeling I'll be able to find something similar,cheaper elsewhere. It does leave that slight greasy feel to the skin after you've washed it off, but it is a pre cleanse, so I follow it up with a Mario Badescu cleanser. It burns like hell if you get it in your eyes, which will happen when your, you know, trying to take off Mascara.

That being said I overall find this product, while good at what it does is is too expensive for such a simple cleanser. I will probably not repurchase this after i've used it up.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2009 11:16:00 AM More reviews by an9979

This left a lot of makeup residue on my face. For a higher end brand, I was very dissappointed. Neutrogena facial cleansers work better than this. When Clinique says I need two cleansers -- that I should use this first and then another one afterwards -- I am not foolish enough to believe this. They are making more money off of you by selling you additional products. A facial cleanser should do one thing: CLEAN YOUR FACE. You should not have to buy two different ones and go through the effort of having to wash twice. I suppose you could just lather up two times, and it may do the job. I'm not gonna waste my time.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by kimberm828

This product isn't so bad. At first I made the mistake of just using this as a cleanser and I did nothing afterwards. Thankfully I didnt break out, because it wasn't until I read other reviews that I discovered it is meant to be used as a makeup remover. This "cleanser" does a really good job at that. All I do is put a dab on each section of my face, lather, and am amazed at how much makeup it removes. It really preps your face for washing with a real cleanser which is great. The down side is that it does make your face feel a bit tight and get dry, which is why I only use this at night so I can properly moisturize. I will not repurchase simply because 18.50 is a lot for me right now.