October 21, 2014 | 1782 users online

Scrubs - Clean & Clear - blackhead eraser scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2008 7:13:00 PM More reviews by kimnn16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i dont really know what to say about this product, really i dont!
when i was younger , at the time i thought this product did nothing for me but now that i look back and see the pictures when i used this; my skin looked much more cleaner and less bumps and less breakouts. unlike now.[but that could be because of the crazy high temperatures this summer which caused volcanos to appear on my skin]
so now since i noticed that i went to walmart and bought this again to see if it would work! and to tell you the truth, it doesn't really do much for my blackheads..at all. and as for my acne well it did make applying my foundation go alot smoother and my bumps to go flatter. so i'm going to try to use this for an entire month and see if theres a BIG improvement, will re edit!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2008 5:35:00 PM More reviews by clare1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this morning and night, and it's been brilliant on my blackhead and spot-prone skin. I currently do not have any blackheads on my nose, which is a miracle, as I usually have loads (yuk!). The effect comes from the Salycylic Acid in it, which helps to cleanse inside blackheads, and encourages the skin to renew itself, removing the dead cells from the surface, which cause blackheads. There are plenty of little blue beads in it to scrub the skin, but there seems to be a misconception that more beads will exfoliate better - This isn't the case, as it's the salycylic acid which does the exfoliating. The beads do tend to get everywhere though... Up my nose, in my mouth, in my hairline. But the effects are worth it. I've even been rubbing a tiny amount of this scrub into my spots and leaving it overnight - The salycylic acid acts as an anti-inflamatory and reduced the size of the pimple (Yay!) This makes my skin feel so smooth and velvety.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 4:15:00 AM More reviews by VintageAmbition

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not even close to one of my favorite scrubs. The beads are too small and not grainy enough to fet a good scrub-down but overall it just make that much of a difference! I recommend St. Ives Apricot Scrub (the medicated one if you have blemishes/acne). Now that's what i call a SCRUB.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 12:36:00 AM More reviews by valentina555

funny story how i came to use this product. my boyfriend's mom who lives in another country (where HE products basically do not exist) gave it to him to clear up his skin. him and i got into a big fight over the product bc i told him it was garbage (my opinion on clean and clear, noxema, clearasil etc). just to assure myself of my stance, the next morning i tried it.....and liked it! after two days my skin looked clearer. i bought myself a tube... *blush*... it hasnt made my skin do a 180 or anything but it is effective and non drying. and i disagree with other comments - i think it is good as a scrub and has plenty of grains.:::UPDATE:::: a week later my skin is really clearing up. i cant believe it. this has worked better than all the Vichy, Lancome, etc i've tried over the years.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by skinadict13

For some reason, this stuff works for me. I don't absolutely adore it as I have for some products, but it works so well. I at first bought the CVS version, and the product cooled, tingled but had like 10 beads through out. It seemed to hold off my acne pretty well but did nothing for blackheads.The Clean and Clear version seemed to have no tingling feeling but at least double the beads. I bought this as a daily scrub so I like the gentle beads.The way the product rinsed off my skin never bothered me as it has others, I also have never expeirenced the film. Over all the Clean and Clear version was much more effective, but still does not banish those pesky blackheads. This Cleanser is part of my most effective regime I have ever used. I switched to a few different products for fun recently but they broke me out even through a 4 week trial period. I will not be switching up my products in the near future.

Update: This stuff works fine, but I have found better products. I swore never to change products, but I received a cleanser as a gift and found it to be much more effective. Actually, I have incorporated an apricot scrub with acne medicine and found it to be much more beneficial for my skin...Cheaper too!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2008 11:38:00 AM More reviews by jlhoward27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I liked this scubb at first but then after a week I felt like it was leaving a "film" on my face. I would rinse the product off my face but my skin still felt slimey. I did feel like my black heads were going away but I caused new pimples to form and my face was greasier.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2008 7:21:00 PM More reviews by aineb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST SCRUBS I HAVE EVER USED. GENTLE YET EFFECTIVE. I HAVE ROSACEA AND IT IS ONE OF THE FEW PRODUCTS THAT MAKES MY SKIN FEEL AND LOOK GOOD. IT IS WELL WORTH THE FIVE OR SIX DOLLARS. MANY TIMES ITS ON SALE BUT I NEVER WAIT FOR THAT.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2008 11:47:00 PM More reviews by DontStpTheMusic7

I bought this because I ran out of my usual product and I had a few blackheads on my nose, so I figured I would try this. I have to say, I really dislike this product. First of all, this is not really scrub. You can't stick a few scrubbing beads in a cream and call it a scrub. You just can't. Especially when those few and far in between beads don't do anything in terms of exfoliation. As far as consistency, it is very creamy and hard to rinse off. I rinsed and rinsed, and I still felt like the product was all over my face. Perhaps what bothered me the most was that the tingling was over the top. My face felt like it was burning, and it didn't help that it took forever to wash it off. The only redeeming qualities this "scrub" has is that it smells nice and it contains 2% salicylic acid. I am not buying this again once I use all of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2008 11:06:00 PM More reviews by lilyface

I used some of my roommate's a couple times and it seemed to exfoliate well and made my face feel refreshed. When I finally bought my own.. it just feels tacky on my skin, doesnt do much, and started making me break out. Maybe it's just better to use other people's things! heh. In any case, it really doesnt do much for blackheads. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this when I ran out of my beloved St. Ives Medicated Apricot Scrub, which my local Walgreens stopped carrying for some weird reason (it is a popular product!). The Clean & Clear version was equally inexpensive. That is the only similarity it has to the St. Ives product.

First of all, the little scrubbing beads are few and far between. There is little or no scrubbing action going on; the stuff feels like someone put 5 grains of barley in a tub of cold cream and called it a scrub. Second, the product is very creamy and hard to rinse off, and it doesn't remove makeup worth a darn. I rinsed and rinsed, and still portions of my face felt slimy, as if coated with hair conditioner.

It does contain 2% salicylic acid, which it itself a chemical exfoliant, so all is not lost. But really, St. Ives is just head and shoulders above this in every regard. It scrubs the skin to a rosy glow and rinses much more easily.