Chanel Glossimer - Unity

4.6

on 8/7/2002 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This was my second high-end cosmetic purchase... shortly after my first purchase which was a glossimer in Spark. Needless to say I do like the glossimer lipgloss line. Unfortunately I have little experience with other high-end lipgloss products for comparison! Glossimer is a thick shiny lipgloss. I dont think its too sticky, but my big complaint about drustore lipstick is that its not stiff/sticky enough! Unity is a very nice sheer metallic copper. Its a very natural look with enough color to help pale lips. I intended to get Blizzard, but Unity seemed similar yet darker in a way that works better with my pale lips. On a related note... I sometimes have trouble with pigmented glosses migrating into fine lines around my mouth. Glossimer does NOT do this on me - even when I dont wear a lipliner as a 'barrier'. I like this product although I admit the price is outrageous.

on 7/19/2002 12:38:00 PM

love the color. it is my favorite chanel l/s (hydra soleil sun beige) in gloss form, and a nice smooth gloss it is, without the annoying stickiness of the lancome juicy tubes.

however, the wand doesn't apply the color evenly, so i end up using a brush or my finger, which dilutes the color a bit. even so, this has become a staple. continued >>

on 7/4/2002 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Another great color from Chanel, this color is a very flattering bronzy neutral. :)

on 3/16/2002 10:29:00 AM

This is one of my favorite Glossimers. It has a slightly rosy base with a nude/bronze shimmer. The finish is thankfully not frosty as are some Glossimers. Looks beautiful by itself.

on 3/15/2002 5:38:00 PM

Unity is a very pretty Glossimer! On me it is a nice bronzey neutral shade with a very very slight rosey tinge to it. It is a great no- brainer gloss to have around- it goes with tons of stuff!

on 3/1/2002 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a very pretty bronzy nude shade. Very natural looking on me. Pretty, but I dont think I would spend $25 on this again. It is way overpriced. Yes it is nice. No scent, not overly sticky, pretty colors. But then again it is not worth $25! If you find a color you love, it is worth it. But otherwise, try something cheaper!

on 12/8/2001 1:17:00 AM

I like the color, it is sort of a your lips but better on me. However, I don't like the sponge applicator and I think it is overpriced. I really don't think these even began to compare to WTF Goldberry shine or rose shine. They do have more pigment and stay on longer, but not nearly as pretty.

on 11/20/2001 4:05:00 PM

I don't know if I would buy this again. It is a pretty color, but it has too much orange in it for me. I can tone it down by adding some Skinmarket Lava Lips gloss in the mauvy white iridescent one on top, but that is a lot of hassle for a gloss this expensive. I think I will find something cheaper.

on 7/30/2001 12:15:00 AM

This is a mid-tone bronzy/Coppery shimmer gloss. It is wonderful for summer whether you have a a tan or not. Goes great over brown lippies or on its own.

Recommended for Medium Skin