October 22, 2014 | 1118 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Unity Glossimer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2002 5:08:00 PM More reviews by TrizyDLuX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was my second high-end cosmetic purchase... shortly after my first purchase which was a glossimer in Spark. Needless to say I do like the glossimer lipgloss line. Unfortunately I have little experience with other high-end lipgloss products for comparison! Glossimer is a thick shiny lipgloss. I dont think its too sticky, but my big complaint about drustore lipstick is that its not stiff/sticky enough! Unity is a very nice sheer metallic copper. Its a very natural look with enough color to help pale lips. I intended to get Blizzard, but Unity seemed similar yet darker in a way that works better with my pale lips. On a related note... I sometimes have trouble with pigmented glosses migrating into fine lines around my mouth. Glossimer does NOT do this on me - even when I dont wear a lipliner as a 'barrier'. I like this product although I admit the price is outrageous.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2002 12:38:00 PM More reviews by nobiki

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love the color. it is my favorite chanel l/s (hydra soleil sun beige) in gloss form, and a nice smooth gloss it is, without the annoying stickiness of the lancome juicy tubes.

however, the wand doesn't apply the color evenly, so i end up using a brush or my finger, which dilutes the color a bit. even so, this has become a staple. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2002 4:33:00 PM More reviews by tangerine1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Another great color from Chanel, this color is a very flattering bronzy neutral. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2002 10:29:00 AM More reviews by manon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of my favorite Glossimers. It has a slightly rosy base with a nude/bronze shimmer. The finish is thankfully not frosty as are some Glossimers. Looks beautiful by itself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2002 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Tori

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Unity is a very pretty Glossimer! On me it is a nice bronzey neutral shade with a very very slight rosey tinge to it. It is a great no- brainer gloss to have around- it goes with tons of stuff!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2002 2:58:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

This is a very pretty bronzy nude shade. Very natural looking on me. Pretty, but I dont think I would spend $25 on this again. It is way overpriced. Yes it is nice. No scent, not overly sticky, pretty colors. But then again it is not worth $25! If you find a color you love, it is worth it. But otherwise, try something cheaper!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2001 1:17:00 AM More reviews by DianeL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the color, it is sort of a your lips but better on me. However, I don't like the sponge applicator and I think it is overpriced. I really don't think these even began to compare to WTF Goldberry shine or rose shine. They do have more pigment and stay on longer, but not nearly as pretty.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2001 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Julie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know if I would buy this again. It is a pretty color, but it has too much orange in it for me. I can tone it down by adding some Skinmarket Lava Lips gloss in the mauvy white iridescent one on top, but that is a lot of hassle for a gloss this expensive. I think I will find something cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2001 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a mid-tone bronzy/Coppery shimmer gloss. It is wonderful for summer whether you have a a tan or not. Goes great over brown lippies or on its own.