October 30, 2014 | 1714 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by sinkin2heart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'd like to co-sign seacolourr's review; I had the exact same issues with this product.

This product is not for ultra-pale (nc-10/nc-15) people, such as myself. When swatched next to my Sephora Los Cabos bronzer (which I happen to love), it's a terracotta orange color-- not a natural color for pale girls. Unless I'm dressing up as an Oompa Loompa for Halloween, this will never get any use out of me. If you're pale and bought this for contouring, you can forget about -- this is not the product for you. I'd suggest either NYX's Taupe blush, Sephora's Los Cabos bronzer, or looking into matte eyeshadows/face powders for a good contour.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this product, since the only things this has going for it is its price and availability.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by shen91

I really enjoy this bronzer, it is the current one I am using. I love the finish, it suits my skin tone, and definitely doesn't go on orange. I have tried HG brands such as Nars Laguna, and I personally prefer this over it, Laguna I found wayyy too dark for my skin,

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by sarahluvmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product! but my sensitive acne-prone skin was not allowing it. The bronzer itself gives off just the right shade for contouring. its very light so i feel this will work best for light-medium skin tones. as for the price its dirt cheap!! GREAT buy! which is a shame for me, but once again I am on the search for a bronzer that my skin can love. *boohoo* :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by pandagrl90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

People rave about this bronzer, but it didn't do much for me. The powder was very hard so I had to really get my brush in there to pick up enough. The packaging was also very flimsy, the clasp never went on quite right and the entire top ended up breaking off after I had used up half the product. I prefer the Rimmel bronzer to this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by seacolourr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this bronzer. I heard a ton of Youtube gurus and bloggers rave about this product. And hey, it was only three or four dollars so I thought why not. Super disappointed with this product. First off. It is not super pigmented which is usually where I ,as a super pale girl rejoice, but this product had little to no pigmentation unless I really dug into it. This means it applied super uneven to my cheeks, which made me look splotchy and sick. Secondly, the color is not meant for naturally porcelain skin. It's a very tan orange color, which looks ridiculous as a contour for me. This also did that weird thing that certain powders do when you go to apply more product after you've put some on, and your brush picks up the oils from your face and deposits it into the product causing it to get hard a shiny. I literally had to SCRAPE the first three layers off of this product because when it gets hard and shiny like that, it's like plastic. NO color pay off at that point. Overall, this was just more work than it's worth to make look good and use on my face. I'm all for a deal, but I don't think that this is as great as everyone says. I'd recommend the Rimmel bronzers over this in a heart beat, and those are just a few dollars more.

Maybe I just got a dud, I'm not sure. But I don't think I'll be repurchasing to try it again any time soon.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by blu3

As everyone else has said, this bronzer is DIRT CHEAP! I picked it up cause I've only heard great things. Here are my pros and cons:

pros:
1. CHEAP. I got mine for $2(something) at Target.You really can't beat getting a bronzer for under $3.
2. Matte (i really hate shimmery bronzers)
3. Sheer/light. Some might put this in the "cons" column, but for me, I like that it's a bit sheer because it lets me build to the shade that I want. I've always had trouble using other bronzers and end up looking I just swiped a streak of dirt on my face, so I do like the sheerness. It's very buildable, HOWEVER (leads to my cons)...

cons:
1. (on my NC30 skin) There is a point where if i build too much it starts to look orange
2. Packaging is really cheap and mine doesn't actually close all the way (but for less than $3 what do you expect?)

that's honestly it for cons. I'm still looking for a bronzer I might look a little more, but for the price, I will more than likely always have one of these on hand.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by kimtnguyen

Good for its value. DIRT CHEAP! Tried it b/c so many people raved about it. I like it. I love how its mat since I am not really into shimmery bronzers. I enjoy how compact and travel friendly it is. It is quite pigmented as well and easily accessible in any drugstore. I do however, still tend to go back to my hoola since it matches my skin tone better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by PinkIcing1

I heard so much praise for this product on YouTube, but I was disappointed when I bought it. The price is good, but the quality isn't. It hardly has any pigment and the color is too brownish for me. My skintone is more pink and the bronzer's color didn't compliment it at all. There is absolutely no staying power either.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by kristinamw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love finding drugstore products that are good quality, but this product did not do it for me. I'm giving it 2/5 because if it had been any more expensive than it was, I'd be much unhappier. As it is, I found it to be very orange and chalky for me to use as a contour blush. I have had a difficult time blending the powder and though I've been using it for weeks, trying different applications, I haven't yet liked the way it looks. I'll keep it around for summer, where it'll hopefully compliment tanned skin a little better.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by janeville

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This bronzer came to me highly recommended; obviously everyone in the beauty community seems to love it. It DOES leave the face with a warm glow, is great for contouring (on my fair skin at least), and is great value for money.
However, I can't say that I will ever buy it again. Since using it, I've gotten horrible breakouts across the backs of my cheeks. I also used it along my jawline and while it hasn't broken me out there, it's definitely made me itchier than all hell. I've had the constant urge to scratch at my neck for about two days straight. Must be an allergic reaction of some kind, which really is a shame, because this is an excellent product.