July 28, 2014 | 2088 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Bascom

this is a fantastic foundation!(im 14 on mom's account) and it gave me an airbrushed complexion that covered much better than my routine maybelline loose powder. it doesn't crease at all. this brand seems to be a keeper. :) :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2010 7:47:00 AM More reviews by contrariwhys

Love it! I've been using liquid and creme foundations lately but this powder's coverage and smoothness is tough to pass up. It's the only foundation I've used that doesn't crease under my eyes. I don't know why I wasted so much time with those silly loose powders like BE and Everyday Minerals, so time consuming to apply and not as nice as this! I also love that the bottom compartment of the compact has ventilation for the sponge.

The main downside with this powder is that it is not very long lasting (you can probably get 4 hours out of it) or very durable in humidity. You will also inevitably lose some of the dewy youthful look you get with liquid foundation but that's true of any powder. Also I don't find that using this wet changes the coverage level all that much.

For reference I bought this in Laurel Nude, the lightest color and I am usually a shade or two darker than the lightest in liquid foundation.

Bottom line: I use this when I want quick, flawless coverage for a short period of time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by sweetshiningstar

I would buy this not for an everyday foundation but to use as a back-up "out buying groceries/running errands/not going to run into anybody imp" day (to save money), but it doesn't control shine!

Good coverage (I like full, and this is medium-full), so I can use this and throw on my Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder, but lacking in oil control! :(

Also, it's impossible to find a website that has decent picks of their shades, but usually they have kind of hidden pull out testers in their display somewhere. You just have to be looking for them- it's like a clear plastic tray you pull out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 More reviews by unyque20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

All I can say is that this product is Amazing!! As many women have mentioned I have used MAC's studio fix for the past 3 years, around the time I stopped using liquid foundations but still needed a moderate amount of coverage. Finally my compact broke, as it always does, well before I am able to finish its contents and I hesitantly purchased the Palladio dual foundation as a temporary replacement (or so I thought). Though there were no testers available (at the Rack) I opened up the package with the shade on the outside of the box I felt closely resembled my skin tone and swiped some across my wrist. It felt very comparable to the MAC and blended perfectly with my coloring, a surprise since I have yellow undertones and frequently find many products to appear too pink. I took it home, removed my make-up and started fresh with a full, dry application of the Palladio powder and was instantly impressed by how well and flawlessly it went on and its ability to conceal my problem areas without highlighting the dryness of my face. It is by far the best best powder concealer I have found (and I've tried everything from Chanel to MAC) and for a fraction of the cost. I will be purchasing this exclusively from now on and am so happy I found it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this today in Laurel Nude 400 based on the reviews here and I am delighted! Soft, silky texture with excellent coverage AND more importantly, I can't feel it on my skin and it doesn't oxidize to orange! Unlike some other over-hyped, over-priced, wet/dry foundations (MAC Studio Fix). This is my new HG foundation. Picking a shade was easy. All the shades appear to be balanced neutrals. And the price, I don't think I've paid under $20 for a foundation in... over twenty years. I obtain best results with a brush. Thanks for the reviews ladies!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by PinkoCommie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this.

I honestly never wear liquid foundations anymore. I've found, though, that on days I want a bit more coverage than I typically get out of BE Matte, this is my HG. It's cheap, too, which is nice.

The packaging is sturdy and I like that there's a separate compartment for the sponge. I only ever use it for random mid-day touchups, though.

I have used this dry for the most part, but I'll ocassionally wet a bit of the sponge and use it wet as a concentrated concealer. It's fantastic.

My one gripe is that there just aren't a ton of shades. I'm lucky that I fit into the very narrow selection of shades fairly well, but I'd love to see a full span of colours become available for such an awesome product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by becca19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

AMAZING!! I love this and it takes a lot to impress me. I use it wet for full coverage and dry when I need less coverage. I don't like the feel of heavy make-up on my face especially in the warmer months and I don't like to look too "made-up" and this just looks like my skin..but better and flawless. I agree with the reviewer who said when you look in your rear view mirror you say "damn I look good!" It's true! I have tried a lot of liquid and mineral foundations with disappointing results. I love my tinted moisturizer because it feels light on my skin, but it doesn't give me the coverage I have been longing for. I have a lot of redness in my skin and this evens out my skintone. I heard Jennifer (Macface2adore) on youtube saying she loves it (check her out she is adorable!) so I bought it in the shade laurel nude @ Sally's and it matched my skintone perfectly. Try it, you won't be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by misstea24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just bought this product and I love it! I was looking for a powder/foundation that is light but covers well. I have oily skin which breaks out once in a while. I am also very sensitive to a lot of products out there, so I have to read the ingredients every time i purchase something for my face or hair.This product took care of the shine and did not irritate my skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Snow_Angel350

This is a great foundation! i have been an avid studio fix user for years and years and happend to buy this on a whim one day i love it!! it covers great, it leaves my skin looking great, iv had problem skin for years, this doesn't break me out, it doesn't make me oily and the best part is the first day i wore this i got complimented!! someone told me my skin looked great and i had a nice glow, since then i'v went through about 5 compacts. It's half the price of MAC and works alot better for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 7:39:00 PM More reviews by kate10662

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great powder foundation. To start with, I paid $8 with a coupon for it at Sally's and I got the lightest shade(even though I usually am the 2nd or 3rd shade with foundations). I don't like using powder foundations all over my face, because I feel they take some of the youthful glow from my face. But this is perfect for my oily t-zone. It provides very buildable coverage. If I just want this to take away shine I can put a light dusting of it on and it will do the job, but if I want more coverage I can easily add more without it looking cakey. I don't apply it with the sponge it comes with, instead I use my E.L.F. complexion brush. I also apply it with a foundation brush to cover my under eye circles and it does the job beautifully.