Kerastase Bain de Force

3.9

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Cocoamidopropionate, Laureth-5 Carboxylic Acid, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamide MIPA, Sodium Laureth-8 Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Methylparaben, Magnesium Laureth-8 Sulfate, Polyquaternium-30, Magnesium Laureth Sulfate, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Oleth Sulfate, DMDM Hydantoin, Carbomer, Polyquaternium-7, Magnesium Oleth Sulfate, Quaternium-87, Methylparaben, 2-Oleamido-1,3, Octadecanediol, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 10 (CI 47005), Fragrance (Parfum)

on 7/4/2005 8:20:00 PM

I switch between this and Bain Satin 2. The Satin is my favorite but I feel like this one and the conditioner help treat my hair rather than maintain it. I have lots of fine, wavy, color treated hair. And, I need to use good products to keep my hair remotely healthy but not weighed down. This product is great. And unlike to Satin Shampoo it smells AWESOME! But, I use this mostly when I don't care if my hair looks it's "best". My hair looks and styles much better with the Satin products. But, again, I think of this as a treatment and only use it once or twice a week. Even my hair colorist and my stylist have commented on how much healthier my hair is now. And, they both are nuts about washing your hair like every 3 days at most. Well, HA! I use Kerastase products and wash almost everday and my hair is BETTER than when I washed less often. HG products. I highly recommend trying them. But read the descriptons carefully in order to buy the right formulation, that seems to make a big difference.

I love the Resistance range of Kerastase - they've transformed my hair.

After using this shampoo my hair was detangled before I'd even put any conditioner on and it just felt stronger.
I only needed to use a bit (coz its so concentrated) so its actually not that bad value for money.
It doesnt leave a film or coating on your hair so when you use the conditioner afterwards it can really penetrate into the hair shaft.

When my first supply of the Resistance range ran out I decided to try other 'repairing' hair product ranges that are alot cheaper to see if they even remotely compared and they absolutely don't. The reason they're cheap is coz they just coat your hair in silicone and eventually cause build up.
That's why hair gets tangled really easily after using them coz there's all this product sticking together. One of the cheaper products I tried was the L'oreal repair and protect range and after about 3 days my hair was so limp and felt really greasy coz of all the build up.

This shampoo (like all the Resistance range) contains alot of protein so that is why it is only for damaged hair and that is why you should only buy it if advised from a hairdresser.
If you're unsure whether to buy then have your hair washed with it at a salon that uses these products and you can see the effects for yourself.
Some negative reviews may be because the product is too concentrated for people whose hair isn't particularly damaged. Just wanted to clear that up!

Overall, this is the best shampoo I've ever tried.

on 4/14/2005 10:24:00 AM

Didn't like this product at all, it made my hair chewy. I used it with the Ciment Anti-Usure condition and Expanseur Extra-Corps. Much prefer the Reflection range.

on 12/15/2004 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I can't see why this has gotten such bad reviews... It does NOT moisturize hair, that's fair, but it's not supposed to be a moisturizing shampoo. This shampoo is supposed to rebuild hair that's chemically treated, and I feel it does. It cleans without stripping hair of oils, and doesn't weigh it down. Plus it smells divine. My hair tangles easily when wet, and this is no exception, so I took away one lipstick for that. But in combination with the Ciment Anti-Usure it's unbeatable, and here in Europe, it's not as expensive as in the US. I would, however, prefer a bottle with a flip cap, the screw cap is a bit of a hassle in the shower.

on 12/5/2004 4:49:00 PM

I'm not sure about this shampoo: haven't noticed much improvement in hair condition. Maybe it adds some volume to fine hair but at the same time it is a bit drying. It is very concentrated as the most of Kerastase products and heavy to use.
I would not repurchase.

on 10/7/2004 9:01:00 PM

This shampoo is great when used in conjunction with the age recharge conditioning masque. Both are pricey, but worth it, and you don't need to use them too often to enjoy the positive effects. Using these products together truly revitalize my long, color treated hair so well that I don't need to use them again for weeks. Once every two weeks is enough for me!

on 7/1/2004 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

i am not sure how to review this shampoo, the kerastase specialist recommended this before trying the nutritional shampoos because it is supposed to restore the damaged hair with a "ciment", anyway, i was told this shampoo didn't have any oils in it because the point wasn't a soft silky touch, after using it i felt my hair kind of dry. I am not sure if this shampoo did something to my hair as i didn't notice any difference except it was very difficult to style, i hope that deep inside,this very expensive shampoo did something good to my hair :( UPDATE: after i got my hair burned (overtimed highlights) about two months ago, i realized this SAVED my hair along with the age recharge treatment, use it only for a hair emergency, i am in debt with this shampoo ot i would look like GI Jane now.

on 5/6/2004 2:31:00 PM

Works great for my long hair! Gives it strenght and cleanses gently, yet effectively. An overall excellent shampoo for weakened hair :)

on 1/24/2004 11:02:00 PM

bought this for my weak hair, but i'm still dropping lotsa hair daily. but one thing gd is that it clears my oily scalp. don't like the screw cap as well, wld prefer a flip cap. might be trying lanza next.

on 1/24/2004 12:47:00 AM

It's supposed to be for weakened, chemically treated hair, but honestly i can't tell if it has made any improvement or what exactly is it supposed to do to my hair. Is it supposed to make my dry hair smoother, or make me lose lesser strands per day. Don't know, can't tell.

Top Rated Kerastase Products