July 31, 2014 | 1329 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Liquid Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Formula

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2004 10:57:00 PM More reviews by WinterHobbes

This is the only cleanser I use. For some reason all others make me break out (I have combo skin). I still have a few pimples, but if I used anything else I would look awful. It comes in a nice pump dispenser and it pretty cheap, I think $5-$7 depending on where you buy. I definitely reccomend the Fragrence-Free one. The one with the fragrence is too strong and smells kind of laundry soapish.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2004 5:50:00 PM More reviews by csensitive

I have extremely sensitive, allergy prone combo/oily skin. I tried washing my skin with this cleanser and while it does a really thorough job of cleansing my skin, it strips and dries it out like nothing else! What I now do, is I first squirt about a tablespoon amount of cetaphil gentle skin cleanser on my hand, then I mix it with a tiny (and I mean tiny) squirt of neutrogena liquid cleanser. I then rub them in to create a lather. My skin has looked good so far. I mix these two because the cetaphil counteracts the drying effect of the neutrogena. I will update this review to let you know how my skin is tolerating it. My current skincare regime consists of cleansing with cetaphil gentle skin cleanser in the morning. Then applying Vanicream sunscreen spf35 (oh my goodness, this stuff is absoloutely amazing!!! You have to try it if you have insanely sensitive skin like mine, it is the best! No irritation and no breakouts!) you can get it here: www.vanicream.com. Then at night I wash with my mixture of cetaphil and neutrogena. So far so good, but I will update this review soon to let you know if it's still working well. **UPDATE** The Neutrogena proved to be too irritating for my skin, I am now cleansing with cetaphil mixed with Moisturel sensitive skin cleanser and my skin looks really good! ***UPDATE*** It has now been a year later and I am reading my previous review and laughing! I am now using MD Formulations Sunscreen SPF30+ (AMAZING stuff) doesn't break me out (like the Vanicream eventually did) and doesn't irritate my skin! As a night-time moisturiser I am using Neutrogena anti-wrinkle cream (clears my blackheads and softens my wrinkles due to the retinol which is a derivative of retin-a which clears acne and reduces wrinkles)!! This is awesome stuff!! Can u believe I have wrinkles and i'm only 23???!! This is because since the age of 14 I had used insanely harsh products (mainly stripping cleansers) on my skin for YEARS!! I thought that these would rid me of my acne (like they promised to!!) but of course, they only made my skin worse by irritating and drying it, eventually breaking me out even more as my skin had to overcompensate for its dryness by producing more oil!! If only I had learnt back then to not use such harsh products!! Having that said, I am now using Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser and I will submit a review for that in about a month or so (I had previously been using Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser but it kept breaking me out) so I am now searching for a very mild non-detergent based cleanser which won't irritate my sensitive skin, aggravate my acne or dry out my skin and show my wrinkles!! Oh my goodness. ***UPDATE*** Ok, here goes: the Neutrogena extra gentle cleanser ended up irritating my skin and breaking it out and so did the Neutrogena anti-wrinkle cream. I am glad I stopped using those products as my skin is now perfect and glowing with the current skincare regime I am on! (To see my skincare regime see my other reviews)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2003 5:33:00 PM More reviews by eurydice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, you know what they say, often the simple things in life are the best. Liquid Neutrogena is one of them. I love this product: it thorougly cleans my skin without stripping, leaving it beautifully soft. The clear pump dispenser works a dream. Brilliant stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2003 5:20:00 AM More reviews by lenny_510

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's simple and gets everything off my face. My skin feels soft and clean. available everywhere. great. it is somewhat drying though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2003 7:53:00 PM More reviews by JenLim

my mom always has this cleanser laying arund cuz she uses it as a hand soap. i tried it once and it left my skin clean and residue free. whenever i try out new cleansers n stuff n it ruins my skin, this brings it back to normal. not drying at all but not too moisturizing for my combo/dry skin. not sure if its my HG tho.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2003 2:58:00 PM More reviews by imkt

I've been using this for several months now and I love it. I've tried MANY cleasers, as my sensitive combination skin is very hard to keep under control, and this is by far the best one.

One word of advice,though - get the frag/free version.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2003 11:22:00 AM More reviews by retreter197

This cleanser works great on my face! I love the clean feeling I get afterwards. I do get a little bit dry around my cheeks, but if I just pop on some moisturizer I'm pretty much fine. I actually like the scent, but that's just me I guess!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2003 2:16:00 PM More reviews by bonstamonsta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great, basic cleanser that leaves the skin squeaky-clean and it does not leave any residue at all. It comes in a simple pump bottle and the texture is like liquid hand soap. I've used this cleanser for about a month and it really does clean, however my gripe is that is can leave your skin on the dry side. Great for people with oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2003 9:33:00 PM More reviews by clover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for years and I have always been happy with the results. Sometimes it can sting my eyes and every once in a while it gives me a sneezing fit. I wonder if that happens to anyone else or just me. In any case, the stuff works, and the price is reasonable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2003 9:55:00 PM More reviews by chedoux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My husband turned me on to this simple cleanser, and it does it's job. It cleanses nicely, and it removes makeup. I only give it 3 lipsticks because it leaves my face feeling a little stripped (I have normal/combo skin), and it stings my eyes a little. But, since it's always on the sink for my husband, I come back to it whenever I buy a new cleanser I don't like (when I'm between cleansers). Not bad.