July 22, 2014 | 2060 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't get it. My skin feels cleaner with just water. I can't see how this could remove makeup at all. I've tried this as a morning face wash when my skin is makeup free and I really didn't feel it did much of anything. Am I missing something?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by BeautyBabe03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So i have dry flaky skin, and when i was told to try this i didn't think that it would do my skin any good because i also had a lot of acne. After using it for the first week i noticed my skin got way softer and my acne started to fade and after about 3 weeks i swear i didn't have a zit on my face. Its incredible but i suggest if you start to use it that you don't use it for a bit and leave it thats what we tend to do with some of our products. After 3 weeks i was so happy with the results i started recommending it to everyone then i got lazy and stopped using it, so my acne and dry skin came back. I now use it daily because it really does do wonders.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by megancourtneyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product because ive seen a ton of people buying and using it as well as the lotion in everyday life and on youtube. I never have breakouts besides a pimple here and there but after buying the primetime bare minerals primer I suddenly had small pimples covering my face. I was so shocked and have never hated my skin so much. Anyways my skin was starting to clear up from just using water and the occasional hand soap. I tried this product for my first time tonight in hopes of getting rid of the problem once and for all and getting my skin back. Immediatly after using it i noticed more pimples on my face. Ive only tried it once so I dont want to discredit it, but im kind of scared to try it again after the poor results. Best thing about this product is the price, actually so far for me that was the only good thing.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by nancy_deathbeast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Overrated product. On my skin it feels like slime and it smells terrible. I don't consider myself an overly sensitive nose but this smells awful.

This will NOT remove any makeup. Dries out my skin and leaves it feeling...strange..coated.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Bex37x

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

As Dan Quayle would say, "One word sums up the performance of this product and that one word is, 'It is overrated'." If you have combo/oily skin you may think to yourself, "I have heard that this is an excellent cleanser from many people, dermatologists and magazines. I should buy it". If you are one of those people, then you are a lemming who is about to fall on your face and slip and slide off the cliff because of the grease this face wash has not effectively reduced. I was one of those people. It hurt. Cetaphil did not ruin my skin but it sure as hell didn't do anything to help it either. There are better, and cheaper, products out there for people with normal to oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by mcshellington

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser really dried out my combo/oily skin. I'm all for less oil, but this made my face feel irritated and stripped. I only starting to use this because I was starting Tretinoin cream and it calls for a gentle, soap free cleanser. I recently switched to Purpose instead, after reading reviews on here and I am very satisfied. For those of you that need a good gentle cleansing face wash and aren't happy with Cetaphil, I do suggest trying Purpose.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Homiekfizzle

Update: yeah.... no. This is not for me. My skin has become so oily and started breaking out. Definitely not strong enough for my acne prone skin. Better for people with better skin who dont benefit from using salicylic acid, ahas, etc. so disappointed with this.

This cleanser is pretty great. Ive been using products with retinol and aha's lately, nothing prescription strentgh but enough to completely dry out my face. I knew using those i needed a gentle cleanser when washing my face. I thought what i was using was gentle but it wasnt. My face was dry and flaky even though i have oily skin. I decided to buy this based on good reviews and im glad i did. I nevet depend on any cleanser to remove makeup so after i take it off with a towelette i wash with this and my face feels so clean while feeling moisturized at the same time. Its helped my skin dramatically. I will be repurchasing. Almost perfect! Minus the awful smell lol

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by OnlyLex20

My dermatologist recommended Cetaphil several years ago, and I'm so glad he did- every product that I use from this company is fabulous. This cleanser, in particular, works so well. Some complain that the original Cetaphil doesn't get their skin clean enough- well, this certainly gets your skin clean, without drying you out. My skin NEVER feels tight after I use this. I am extremely acne prone and have sensitive skin, and this product has never exacerbated either problem.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The only thing this cleanser is good for is as a general facial cleanser, which is pretty much all I use it for. It doesn't really do a whole lot except cleanse your skin. That's definitely not a complaint, since it's doing its job, but I'm honestly not used to using skincare products that don't have some other kind of "thing", like meant for acne, or has microbeads/granules, or something like that.
I just use this about twice a day: once afterschool to remove my makeup, and again at night to clear my pores. This isn't a deep-cleaning cleanser, as it doesn't remove all of my foundation (I used a toner to test that out), but it does a decent job.
My only real gripe is that it has a very strong fragrance. I HATE skincare products with fragrance. The scent of this one isn't even a good scent--it smells like a powdery grandma perfume.
But, for only $9 (for 8 fl. oz.), the fragrance is tolerable. If you think about it, all the other cleansers cost the same, but for less product (usually only 5-6 fl. oz.).
Would I repurchase? No. It just doesn't do enough for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by pelini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I alternate between this and Olay cleanser. It is a decent cleanser that will leave your skin feeling clean, but not too dry. It does a good job of getting off makeup for the most part.