September 18, 2014 | 1573 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by annhf24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The scent was very strong, and it just didn't do anything for my oily/acne-prone skin. I actually felt greasier after using it, and I would wake up in the morning with greasy skin. It does seem to be very gentle, but it is just not for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by mariapastel

Horrible for skin!! I used both facial cleanser and moisturizer and broke me out all over. My face was all red with bumps STAY AWAY IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by lachrymist

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a basic cleanser and I like it overall. Sometimes I feel like it leaves oil on my face but I can deal with that. I don't know if it removes foundation but it removes most of my eyeshadows while being gentle

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 1:46:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I finally figured out that the other cleansers/astringent combos I was using were too harsh and just too much for my skin. Instead of doing as they claimed, they threw my skin into fits! I changed my routine to a "back to basics" (sort of) one. I like that this cleanser does clean without stripping my face of all its moisture, leaving the skin feeling tight and uncomfortable. Some have said it doesn't remove their makeup, and I will agree to that...but I use this knowing that..so I remove my makeup first with a removing cloth or wash once to remove makeup and then again to cleanse the skin. And I always follow up with a cottonball that has a mixture of water & a few drops of pure tea tree oil (sometimes a different astringent, depending on the day/condition of my skin with weather, etc.). Lastly, I apply the Cetaphil Daily facial Moisturizer w/SPF 15 for all skin types. My skin has looked and felt the best it has in a very, very long time. It doesn't feel tight after washing, just fresh. It doesn't have extra stuff in it with claims of fighting blemishes or anything (as many other washes I was using does)...which I have learned is doing nothing but causing more trouble than its worth. The scent is familiar, but I can't put my finger on it. It doesn't bother me, though. It is a gel consistency. Some have mentioned the pump not working properly (squirting straight out unless hand cups pump or squirting from the sides where product shouldn't come out, etc.) ...I have not noticed this at all with mine. Mine pumps 100% fine & normal... I purchased my bottle at Target for $8.99 (if I remember correctly), and it is the large bottle....I think 16 oz. (I don't have bottle infront of me at the moment). I will most certainly be repurchasing this product...I adore what it has done for my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't get it. My skin feels cleaner with just water. I can't see how this could remove makeup at all. I've tried this as a morning face wash when my skin is makeup free and I really didn't feel it did much of anything. Am I missing something?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by BeautyBabe03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So i have dry flaky skin, and when i was told to try this i didn't think that it would do my skin any good because i also had a lot of acne. After using it for the first week i noticed my skin got way softer and my acne started to fade and after about 3 weeks i swear i didn't have a zit on my face. Its incredible but i suggest if you start to use it that you don't use it for a bit and leave it thats what we tend to do with some of our products. After 3 weeks i was so happy with the results i started recommending it to everyone then i got lazy and stopped using it, so my acne and dry skin came back. I now use it daily because it really does do wonders.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by megancourtneyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product because ive seen a ton of people buying and using it as well as the lotion in everyday life and on youtube. I never have breakouts besides a pimple here and there but after buying the primetime bare minerals primer I suddenly had small pimples covering my face. I was so shocked and have never hated my skin so much. Anyways my skin was starting to clear up from just using water and the occasional hand soap. I tried this product for my first time tonight in hopes of getting rid of the problem once and for all and getting my skin back. Immediatly after using it i noticed more pimples on my face. Ive only tried it once so I dont want to discredit it, but im kind of scared to try it again after the poor results. Best thing about this product is the price, actually so far for me that was the only good thing.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by nancy_deathbeast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Overrated product. On my skin it feels like slime and it smells terrible. I don't consider myself an overly sensitive nose but this smells awful.

This will NOT remove any makeup. Dries out my skin and leaves it feeling...strange..coated.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Bex37x

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

As Dan Quayle would say, "One word sums up the performance of this product and that one word is, 'It is overrated'." If you have combo/oily skin you may think to yourself, "I have heard that this is an excellent cleanser from many people, dermatologists and magazines. I should buy it". If you are one of those people, then you are a lemming who is about to fall on your face and slip and slide off the cliff because of the grease this face wash has not effectively reduced. I was one of those people. It hurt. Cetaphil did not ruin my skin but it sure as hell didn't do anything to help it either. There are better, and cheaper, products out there for people with normal to oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by mcshellington

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser really dried out my combo/oily skin. I'm all for less oil, but this made my face feel irritated and stripped. I only starting to use this because I was starting Tretinoin cream and it calls for a gentle, soap free cleanser. I recently switched to Purpose instead, after reading reviews on here and I am very satisfied. For those of you that need a good gentle cleansing face wash and aren't happy with Cetaphil, I do suggest trying Purpose.