April 21, 2014 | 938 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by cameleon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

A really good everyday facial cleanser! I have combination skin, and this cleanser removes the oil and other impurities while not drying out my skin. It leaves the skin feeling clean (there isn't any clean tingly sensation, or something of the sort, keep that in mind). It's also great for removing makeup that may not have been removed beforehand from facial wipes. When I have my extreme breakouts, I always choose to use this over any other cleanser because it's gentle and doesn't irritate my blemishes. My mother, who has extremely sensitive skin (she has tried many, many skin care products in her lifetime and has reacted to many of those products) did not experience any kind of skin irritation/reaction from this product.

Some people may think this product isn't really anything special, and I used to think the same too, but you don't realize how great the product is until you switch over and try some other products. I definitely recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is awesome. It does exactly what it claims and it really helps remove the extra oil on my face. Just love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by LullaBelle21

Even as a teen I had never suffered from any breakouts aside from the occasional pimple here and there. I started having terrible breakouts about a year and a half ago due to alot of stress. I started seeing a dermatologist who put me on a mild topical gel, and she also recommended this Cetaphil cleanser twice a day. My skin has never looked better. This product is great because it doesn't dry out my skin, nor does it leave my skin feeling greasy. It leaves me feeling very clean and refreshed. i think alot of people who use this product might think it's not doing anything to help keep skin clear, but I think it's because it's such a mild product that they don't even notice it. I recommend this product for everyday use.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by DianaBbyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It really is nothing special. Basic cleanser that just keeps your face clean & can remove make up which i like. I love the pump it has though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

I have finicky skin. It is extremely oily all over, but it is prone to dryness and flakiness (and even when flaky it's still super oily!) I have hormonal acne on my cheeks. A lot of face washes either kill my face, or are so gentle that they don't do anything. Cetaphil removes EVERYTHING yet it doesn't leave my face feeling sucked dry. I massage it onto my wet face, then thoroughly wash it off. It removes my water-resistant sunscreen and foundation. It doesn't exacerbate my breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So I have within the last few months realized that I was using WAY to many different products for my skin that was actually making it so much worse!

I went to Target to get this, knowing it was the most basic and simple and gentle face wash you can get anywhere. I think it was less than 5 dollars (but I got a smaller bottle)

And it has helped SO much. I use this morning and night in combination with a few LUSH products (which I also have reviews for), and my skin has never been better. I do still get the occasional breakout, but as is the life of a senior in high school!

If you are reading this and are using ninety billion face washes hoping one of them will work, just throw them out. This helps the skin balance itself and create a much more natural pH, which will improve the skin over time. HIGHLY recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by JessMolesworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this is a great basic cleanser. it smells really nice and feels nice applying it. i dont think i would buy it again because i want to try some other products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by fabulousSHEL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

For about 8 months now I have beeng using the face wash once in the morning and once at night. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and this face wash seems more beneficial to my face compared to all the acne-fighting face washes. Anything with Salicylic Acid in it makes me break out WORSE than before using the face wash. I find face washes with added ingrenients makes my face more oily and I can feel the ingredients sitting on my skin. This doesn't irritate my skin at well. For a bigger bottle, you can purchase this is WalMart for about $9.50 and it lasts me a long time. Sometimes WalMart will carry a value pack and you'll be able to buy two large bottles for around $14. love the pump it comes with.

If you wear make-up like I do, it is very wise to use a good make-up remover before washing your face with this. I use Pond's wipes beforehand if I am removing make-up.

My skin is soft after using this as well. There isn't really a smell to this which is fine by me. No added perfumes or dyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by KathleenM415

Cetaphil's Daily Facial Cleanser is a good face wash if you're looking for a less-expensive alternative to department store brands. It's relatively gentle and doesn't over-dry the skin too much. I'm not a fan of the synthetic fragrance - not sure how to describe it, but it definitely isn't natural. I don't care for the paraben and SLS ingredients as I prefer natural products.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by jsum92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff wasn't bad. I haven't tried enough cleansing products to figure if I like or dislike this. I've used up the entire bottle and I recently bought this same product, but the gentle version for sensitive skin. I bought a giant bottle of the gentle version and I'm starting to think I might like this one more because I feel like it cleans my makeup off better. This one dries the crap out of my skin after I use it. I like to use it with a facial brush and it works like a charm to get rid of the dirt and makeup. Because it dries the crap out of my skin, I put my moisturizer immediately after and a crap ton of it too. I just used the gentle cleanser a couple of minutes ago and I didn't think it cleansed my skin well...