August 29, 2014 | 1199 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Tindrabell

I have never tried the previous version of this foundation. Instead I've used Lancome Teint Idole, which was also changed and is pretty useless now. I'm so glad that I tried Double Wear! I use a moisturizer and an illuminating primer and then put on DW with My fingers. It gives me a perfect skin without looking powdery, it gives a subtle glow and stays on until the evening. I don't find it difficult to remove, I wash Twice with a cream wash. I don't have a problem with the shades either- 1N2 Ecru is perfect for my fair scandinavian skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by shones22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gives full coverage and lasts all day so perfect for work.My whole family uses this and our old Clinique and Clarins foundations have been binned. The pluses-excellent long lasting coverage. The down side is the rubbish bottle which I end up turning upside down to get the dregs of the foundation out, a pump would be brill! Also it dries very fast so you have to blend very quickly into your face so that it does not look uneven. It can look heavy if you apply slowly and it sinks in to dry patches but if you exfoliate, moisturise and apply fast then it is excellent. Used to apply with my fingers but now use Ubu foundation brush and that does give a more airbrushed look. Used the foundation applied with brush for a family photo shoot on my mum and her skin looked amazing, glowing and flawless. Estée Lauder double wear covers bad marks, scarring and major blemishes. You really would find it hard to identify bad skin wearing this. My family has HHT and this covers some pretty lumpy, raised lesions. It is fab for us but if you have decent skin with few blemishes then I would opt for something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by saiwez

I love this foundation I have oily skin with uneven skin tone and just 2/3 blemish marks this is perfect the coverage helps and it's the best thing for oily skins I don't have to powder my face through out the day I finish work and the foundation is still on so it's good for busy people that have oily skin , the only downside is that it doesn't have a pump if it did it would've been my world best foundation I waste so much product, other than it is amazing better than mac studio which WAS my favourite until this baby came into my life ,

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 5:29:00 AM More reviews by kristiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This may be my favorite all time makeup. Great coverage. I love full coverage though and I personally think this feels a little mask like..so that is a small negative. I have super oily skin though and thats when it begins to bother me. If I blot its back to feelin good. I burnt my cheeks in the sun and this foundation is actually full coverage enough that it evened out my whole face to being one even pretty tone. I wish they had more of a color selection..None matched me so I have to add powder bronzer, This is definitely a dupe for revlon colorstay.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by emmak89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm a little bit torn about this foundation; I'd heard so many good things about it and while it does do all the good things it does have its downsides. Firstly, it does do what it says on the tin! It last all day without (or with very minimal) touchups and also without a primer! The coverage is amazing however it does feel a little bit thick and mask like to me. It's also a nightmare to remove! I quite often have to use a number of different cleansers (followed by toner) before it's fully gone and I still sometimes miss little bits which is obviously bad for skin. Also, the colour match for me isn't the best. I was matched in the shop with 2N1 Desert Beige. My friend, who is lighter skinned than me was matched with the same colour and she feels it's light on her! A little bit of bronzer sorts this out though, and I don't know if this is down to a bad selection or just the Estee Lauder lady in our local Boots not being good at colour matching. It's the first time I've bought it, so if I do get it again I will probably go for the next shade darker. It also needs a pump, I don't know why so many expensive foundations come without one! Overall though, you can't ignore the fact that the coverage is amazing and long lasting, which probably does justify the cost. I'm just not sure if it's the perfect foundation for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by nataliejanexx

this is my hg foundation. price is reflected in quality. only problem is the bottle. it's heavy and hard to get product out of.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by loobyl

I think I have just found my HG foundation and its only taken me since 1982 to find it! I bought this for 30 euros in Tawny which is a shade darker than I ususally use but when topped with a lighter loose powder gives a lighter finish. Used with clarins primer first and then I use a tiny amount on nose, chin , cheeks and forehead and blend in as fast as I can as it dries fast so I tend to do one part at a time so that it doesn´t dry out before I have blended it in.
I am left with a flawless almost photoshop complexion. I´d already forked out over 80 euros for la mer foundation a month before and discovered that I am allergic to some of the ingrediants in the cream and the foundation-it made my skin dry and itchy so bye bye to spending over 400 euros on something I am now using as a hand cream and I will use the foundation maybe once a month as I tend to get itchy if I use the foundation for more than 3 days. The only drawback to double wear is its not in a pump bottle and you really have to be careful when pouring it onto my fingers. I tend to have oily skin but not as oily as when I was in my 30s (I´m now 47). This leaves a shine free skin until you take it off at night and the staying power is great- I normally end up with no make up on my face by 5 p.m with other brands.
I am thinking of buying the light version for when summer begins as this might be a bit too heavy in 40 degree heat.
I´m so glad I decided to try it as I have wasted so much money on both high and low end foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by hannymully

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

With this product I only have the sample at the moment, but I suggest everyone go to your nearest counter and ask for one! It's the best make-up coverage I have had including MAC! It has the smoothest feeling on your skin, and it dries nicely which means you can always add another layer (not that you'll probably need to). I wore it out to an absolutely boiling bar last night and it was amazing at staying in place, I looked only pleasantly blushing when I should have been a shining ruby colour. I have genuinely never looked so flawless, it is full coverage though (not cakey) so I suspect its not a day make-up for everyone (I will wear it day & night though, who wouldn't want to look flawless all the time?) I was originally matched up incorrectly, so a sample is imperative. It is something I am 99% I am going to purchase after my sample is finished. I have other samples to try of other brands, I think it would be extremely hard for one of them to beat this one though!

NB: Packaging quality is irrelevant at present - although I understand glass packaging can be tricky

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by sdrayt1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got 2 10-day samples of Double Wear and this was enough to let me know that I would not be purchasing the full size. As a WOC, I have a hard time with MUAs color matching me. I’m BB 6.5, Mac NC 50/NW45 for reference. I was color matched with Truffle and it was all wrong. I don’t understand how a MUA can “color match” in poor dim lighting but they seem to certainly try. Anyway, Truffle 6N1 is too dark upon application and gets darker as the day goes on. I probably should have insisted on getting multiple colors to sample.

The coverage seems a bit heavy and leaves a powdery, mask like finish. Since I’m fairly oily, I don’t care for foundations with dewy finishes but this left me looking dull and like I over powdered. It does seem to do a good job of controlling oil. I like how the formula covers well and stays put but it is thick and heavy so I’ll have to pass on this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 3:18:00 AM More reviews by arrasarras

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked this foundation very much but they changed the colors in Europe.
We can only buy dark yellow and orange tones. And the most women are light clored in Europe. I miss the old nr. 1 and 2 and I hope that Estee Lauder turns it back.