August 30, 2014 | 1836 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by canderson54

I loved this eyeliner when I first got it. Got it because it was so cheap!! and I was wanting to use liquid liners more instead of pencil. The colour was a nice black, not super dark but good enough for day wear if you aren't looking for something uber dramatic. I actually really like the brush, I found it really easy to apply the liner. Only problem I had with it was that I hit my eyelashes when lining (they are kind of long eyelashes and get in the way...not that I'm complaining) and then my eyelashes became hard and the mascara didn't go on as well.

However, my opinion now has changed of this eyeliner. I'm not sure if the product is changing while i use it or I am just starting to notice problems. It flakes and doesn't stay smooth after a while...you can really notice it after 3 hours. I swear that it was fine the first few times I used this so no idea why this is happening. But it sucks! So therefore I do not like the eyeliner, would not recommend it to anyone, and will not be re-buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by skstone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

EDIT: This failed the cry test. Horribly. Will not repurchase.

I picked this up because it was so cheap, and I LOVE it. I find the long, thin applicator brush to be easy to use. All you need is a steady hand and patience. Instead of making one line across your eye with this brush, use the entire length of the actual brush (not the hard part of the applicator wand, though!) and lay it down to make small dashes on your lash line. Then fill in the spaced in between them and voila! This eyeliner isnt SUPER dark, but i actually like that. If I want a softer look, I will only put one layer. If I want a more dramatic look I simply put another layer on.

This liner does crack, but the simple solution is eye primer. If there's a primer under it, it will not budge. On days I just wear liner & mascara (being late for class..haha) I put on either UDPP or TFSI and it does not crack. Another way to have it not crack is by putting it OVER your eyeshadow. I hope I helped!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by applemodel

This caught my eye because it was so cheap. But this is the worst liquid eyeliner I've tried! The brush makes it very hard to apply, it doesn't stay on my eyes and it's not pigmented. The worst part is the formula though, it's gooey and clumpy and gross. Not a fan

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by tantr

I've been using this product for years now. It's really cheap (around $3) and lasts all day without smudging. I have very oily eyelids and most eyeliners/liquid liners/gel liners smudge/rub off for me by the end of the day. I found that this liner did not budge for the entire day and was extremely easy to remove. Only con is that it is not waterproof and will come off completely with water. Does not take a long time to dry either unlike other liquid liners with this staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Lilthne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I usually use L'oreal Lineur Intense felt tip liners, but decided to try these because they were dirt cheap and I always like to experiment with cheap liners. I bought one tube in Sable and another in Pearly Black. The Sable dries to a dark matte brown and the formula is a lot thicker than my L'oreal, so there is the potential to put too much on and have it start flaking off. I just put on one thin coat and it lasted me at least 6 hours without smudging or flaking (which is amazing because I have oily "inner" double eyelids that cause almost every eyeliner to migrate into a crease). But as for the Pearly Black, it was a completely different story. The formula was much thinner and eventually dries into a sparkly black that looks more silver than black. This color smudged a lot and within an hour, the glitter had transferred onto other parts of my eyelid while the black pigment had reformed itself into a crease above where I originally applied the liner.

Overall, the Sable color and formula is very good but the Pearly Black formula is terrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by mishycakes

I have a backup for my backup of this eyeliner. I love it! I've tried so many drugstore liquid liners and this by far is my favorite. Liquid eyeliner is one of the few makeup products that I refuse to pay more than drugstore price for. The tip of this liner is so fine, I dont think I'd ever be able to find another liner that gives me such precise lines. I go over my liner with a matte black shadow and this doesnt budge until I take it off at night. My only complaint, if you would even call it that is that the packaging is very cheap looking. Its not even a big deal. For $1.99, there really is no reason to complain for the performance this gives.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by csaetern07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this eyeliner is just not for me. the formula is too cheap, it flakes off and the black dries to an off black color. will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by newpork

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this was my first liquid eyeliner and so far i like it. it glides on smooth and looks grest on me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by 455smile

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The only thing I liked was the color. However, it was hard to apply due to the paintbrush applicator, and kept on flaking off. :( I didn't need makeup remover....

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by saintboniface

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Since I use black liquid eyeliner every day, I've been looking for a good, inexpensive standard. I've been using NYC's brand for about 2 years, and I think for the price, it's good quality. I've never had a problem with its staying power- if I put it on in the morning, it usually doesn't have to be reapplied until the evening. It does have a tendency to flake and smudge if you rub your eyes a lot, but so do most liquid eyeliners.

The thing I like the most about this eyeliner is the brush. It's very easy to control, so you can either get a natural, thin line or a thick cat-eye. The color is matte and goes on evenly. The tube lasts a long time- at least 3-4 months, and it doesn't dry out as much as other brands (Maybelline, I'm looking at you). Overall, it's a good brand for getting the job done.