Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Kaolin, Bentonite, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Titanium Dioxide, Trideceth 9, PEG 5 Ethylhexanoate, Menthol, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance 5/29/09

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've used this as a face wash amd a mask. As a face wash it's definitely too drying for everyday use, so if you buy it for that purpose I'd say use it every other day even if you have oily skin.
As a mask, it's excellent for pimples... But if you have it on for too long it might "sunburn" your face as a previous reviewer said. I actually didn't encounter this problem until I used it once right after a shower, it felt like my face was burning and when I washed it off my skin was bright red. Needless to say I will only use this when I have a lot of bumps n preferably took a shower way earlier that day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've used this for a week and I'm absolutely in love with it. I was using Neutrogena's grapefruit cream cleanser and it ruined my skin -it was flaky, constantly dry, and I had breakouts.

After switching to the clear pore cleanser, my skin has been perfect. I wake up the next morning and my skin is perfectly balanced, it's not greasy, nor is it flaky or dry. My skin feels smooth and soft and I haven't had a single breakout. I'll continue buying this and have no desire of switching. Lovely, amazing product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I used this when it first came out as a sample and it literally just BURNED my face. i left it on for a few minutes and my skin looked like I had gotten sun burned three days straight.
I had to hold a cold washcloth to my face to try to cool it down.
It did nothing for my face other than that.

It even had a warning on the back it may LIGHTEN HAIR. Something like this should never, ever be used on skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse

I have extremely oily and very sensitive skin. I was leery about using this cleanser but my skin has been breaking out and it was on sale. I really like this as a cleanser. Because my skin is sensitive I can't use it daily but using it 2-3 times a week has significantly cleared up my skin after about a month and a half. My PMS breakout was even pretty mild compared to what I usually have. I wouldn't recommend this for people with drier skin as even with super oily skin it dries me out a little bit. Overall I am very pleased with it. Do be careful though it can bleach towels/shirts.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product has been a staple in my regimine for years. I don't really ever use it as a mask, like i should, but this product goes with me everywhere. I love it. Especially cooling after a workout, also! Keeps my skin mellow and doesn't bleach my towel like other bp products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

DS HG! I use this as a mask. This tightens pores, controls oil, exfoliates and treats acne. The effects last for 2-3 days. It's multifunctional, cheap, & easy to find. I love it.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Although I said I would purchase this product again, I really meant "maybe." I love this product to death, but I actually only really use it as a mask. I use it as a cleanser when I want to do something different, but other than that I use it as a quick mask when I don't feel up to doing a full out clay mask that requires a bit more labor than this one. As a mask I feel like it really helped me with my acne, and definitely enjoyed using it. However, it's convience is probably the only thing drawing me back to it - I recently purchased the aztec healing clay mask and it has done wonders, so despite the added efforts involved with using the mask, I like it better than this. Overall, yes, I will probably buy it again in the future just for the option; yes, it helped me with my acne and helped with oil control. It is a wonderful mask, I didn't really enjoy using it as a cleanser.

This product is an old favorite. I used to use this in high school. Honestly, this is one of the few products I have in memory that actually does what it says it's going to do. When left on problem areas as a mask, the next day that problem area will look 10x better. It's a great mask to have lying around and even can be used a spot treatment overnight on small areas. (Just beware that the benzoyl peroxide will stain some pillowcases, particularly blue colored ones, so you have to sleep with an old towel over your pillow.) This is a great product, a little goes a long way, so the bottle lasts forever, and it does what it says it's going to do. :)

Love this stuff! Keeps my skin soft and smooth. I like Proactive ok for a while but realized it was making my face worse. Neutrogena makes my face feel clean and fresh! I use olive oil and baby wash to remove my eye makeup, wash with Neutrogena, and finish with a little Acne Free toner diluted.

maybe this product just isn't cooperating with my skin. seriously, i bought this because of all the awesome reviews on here and i wanted a mask to help clear up some of the little bumps in my skin. i do not have extremely acne prone skin, so i wasn't expecting this to break me out, only help clear me up. at first when i used it, i was impressedd. my skin felt soft and looked brighter. the next day though, i had even MORE little raised bumps, and even some whiteheads forming. a few months later, i decided to try it again, and it did the exact same thing. so unfortunately, i have to toss this. that's really upsetting because it seems to be working so well for other people