September 16, 2014 | 1709 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by SmilesandMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used Skin ID for my acne and i loved it. it didn't totally clear up my skin and i'm looking for a better alternative. the cleanser i use-40- has the exact same ingredients as this product. but i don't like this product. it burns me skin very badly. i don't know why the Skin ID 40 does and this one doesn't, but it is very harsh. I do recommend Skin ID, me and my sister love it, but not this product

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I saw all the great reviews about it so I HAD to purchase it especially since I was in need for a new cleanser hence my skin got used to my last cleanser and started to breakout.
Plus I already ran out.

I've had this for maybe 4 days now and it works great! I would def buy again!
As a cleanser it has cleared some big pimples on my face that I had, it soothes/ cleans my skin and I love the smell. It doesn't over dry my skin, cause redness or anything like that.
Now as a mask it works fairly good, nothing major so I prefer it more as a face wash.

Good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by gmmace80

Great product! At my age, I don't break out that often, but once a month when the hormones go crazy I'll get a breakout. I keep it in the shower so I can use it on my face or my upper back if needed and it works well, but rinses away well enough so it doesn't bleach everything I touch. Also a plus that you can use it as a mask. You only need to leave it on for five minutes and it feels very cooling and soothing. I seen some reviewers have said it's been discontinued, but I just purchased it a couple days ago at Walmart.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by JustLaugh96

Okay, I was at the drugstore looking for a new cleanser and also my "Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask" was running out, so i decided to grab the mask and then I was on the look for a cleanser. Then my eye came upon the "Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser and Mask" I was like...this is perfect! Exactly what I needed. I usually research my products before I buy them and the other day I was just plain spontaneous. I brought it home and went straight to my computer and found reviews for it. So far, so good. I had high hopes for this product now. As the crazy girl, I got excited and went to take care of my daily hygiene and to test out this new product. After brushing my teeth, etc., I was thinking...should I pick mask or cleanser? I chose cleanser. Ohh boy(: it felt very cool and refreshing. I really love the texture of it. Creamy. It was easy to handle and to remove (as a mask). It made my skin quality improve within just a few usages. I was soo happy that I decided to use it as a mask. It's not as exciting as a mask but it does dry out the blemishes. I love how it smells! :) it's soo much better than the proactive mask. (which to me works wonders but smells terrible!) I am just loving this product. One thing I must mention is..it does leave my skin a little oily. I tend to get shiny around my nose and forehead after using this. But I applied my Clinique Gel Moisturizer and it has helped plenty! Overall, this is a nice product to include in your busy everyday life. It has helped me improve my texture and I am very pleased with the results. Score! ;) and... Best of luck to you! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by goldieb19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive, acne-prone skin that gets oily just a few hours after cleansing, which causes me to have 2-3 breakouts evey week. However, since I first started using the Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask a few weeks ago, I have noticed a major reduction in blemishes and the oil production of my skin. The active ingredient in this cleanser/mask is 3.5% benzoyl peroxide, and it dries my skin enough so that it can't produce pimples, yet it is still smooth and soft. I use it morning and night as my daily cleanser, and two times a week, I use it as a mask by allowing the cleanser to stay on my skin for 5 minutes. This method works great and leaves my skin feeling refreshed. You can buy a 4.2 fl oz tube of this at Wal-Mart or Target for $5-7. I really don't recommend this for people with dry skin, as the benzoyl peroxide can be a little drying to even my oily skin. Also, be sure to have a white wash cloth/towel on hand to dry your face with because this product can bleach colored fabrics. I will absolutely purchase this again, and I recommend that you do so as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by lethallyambitious

This is great!
It leaves my skin feeling fresh, clean, and soft.
Would def buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by knh86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my emergency cleanser - when I have a bad breakout, I use this once a day and within a week my skin clears up.

I usually use products with salicylic acid but this formula with benzoyl peroxide works great - not too drying at all.

I do use this with my Clarisonic even though it's a cream formula. I put the cleanser all over my face then go back over it with my Clarisonic. It seems to be working.

My only complaint is that this has bleached my towels. Anywhere where I dry my face or hands after using this has been bleached so use caution if you have colored towels.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by lammtron

Oh how I wish they had this product in the UK! For a product that contains benzoyl peroxide it is surprisingly gentle and after one tube seems to be effective a keeping my skin a bit clearer. Am repurchasing as it's the best wash-off cleanser I have tried so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by AndreaLilyXo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive and very oily skin. i love to use this products at night becasue by the end of the day my face is very oily and dirty and this does a great job at cleaning. It is also creamy and does not dry the crap out of my skin like most products with benzoyle peroxide and this formulation is easy going on my sensitive skin! I love this product and has it become a fav of mine!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin is generally pretty normal, but leans towards oily. However, I have hormonal acne so during that time of the month, I break out. I have a cleanser that works for me during the off times, but I needed something a bit harsher to help control my breakouts and extra oily skin. I got this based on reviews here on MUA and am glad I did. I generally don't like to use benzoyl peroxide bc it is pretty harsh and bc it stains clothing, but I figured a cleanser was OK (I would not use a spot treatment w/bp in it). This cleanser controls the oil on my face and I have definitely had decreased breakouts. I haven't had any cystic pimples since I started using this cleanser, although I still get a few bumps here and there. But again, it is greatly reduced and much smaller in size. I use this with my Clarisonic and activate the "mask" portion by leaving it on my face after I cleanse while I clean the brush of the Clarisonic. One thing I don't like about the packaging is that the flip top is very hard to open/close. I've chipped nail polish trying to get it to open and I pretty much have to slam the thing to get it closed. Other than that, I think this is a good product, although I wish a drugstore cleanser didn't cost $9 (although there are always sales/coupons you can use at various drugstores).