Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Alcohol denat., calendula officinalis (calendula) flower oil, borago officinalis (borage) seed oil, achillea millefolium (yarrow) oil, carum petroselinum (parsley) seed oil, aqua (water, eau), salix nigra (willow) bark extract, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) oil, juniperus communis (juniper) fruit oil, eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) leaf oil, citral, geraniol, limonene, linalool

on 3/2/2009 6:42:00 PM

you're better off using plain old tea tree oil to curb breakouts...this didn't do a whole lot for me.

pros: innovative packaging with the rollerball.
cons: didn't work as well as plain tea tree does for me.

on 3/2/2009 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

For me, I haven't noticed anything from using this product other than the stinging and the licorice/parsley smell. I sometimes get very small white heads on my chin and forehead and annoying blackheads around my nose, but the product doesn't seem to make them go away or prevent them.

I don't get any major cystic pimples anymore but I would imagine this product would work wonderfully (and is probably intended to work) on those. It's more of a spot treatment, and since I have patches of tiny blemishes, it's not a good product for me.

Other than the results, I don't like how this product is just a liquid. Feels like I'm rolling leaf juice onto my skin. Couldn't they just make a lotion so it actually feels like it's staying put on my skin?

This product does nothing.

on 3/1/2009 5:48:00 PM

I got this with all of my Burt's Bees Facial product and thought this would be great for my acne and to do as a spot treatment when need be. It just burned when applying and did nothing for the acne. To top it off the ball that you roll on the skin either gives way to much or to little and picks up all the dead skin left on my face. It was sick and I could only use about a 1/4 of the product before having to toss it!

on 2/28/2009 5:14:00 AM

Hmmm.....this is just a so so product. I haven't noticed much of a difference and it is almost gone. I'm allergic to a detergent my mom used on my clothes so I broke out on my shoulders and back a bit so I went and bought this based on its decent reviews here. It makes me smell like licorice which isn't too bad but it kinda stings, I'm not sure the roll on thing is such a great idea either, kinda seems unsanitary and too much product comes out at once sometimes...overall it hasn't seemed to do much of anything for that breakout...so I won't be repurchasing.

on 2/7/2009 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product has answered my prayers. I do not have regular pimples only cystic acne. They last weeks and then discolor the skin for about 6 months. Nothing helps them, prescriptions, benzyol peroxide, salisic acid, masks, expensive creams... nothing. I tried this product bc it was natural. This was going to be my last chance before I made another appointment for the dermatologist. I applied the product to my new cyst and within the day the inflammation went down. By the 3rd day the cyst is almost down completly and it is still pink but not purple and inflammed. A week later and there is only a small pink indication of where the cyst was. The product does not burn or irratate my skin. I do think the packaging is a bit unsanitary. I was so amazed with the product that I used it also on an infected ingrown hair on my leg that I have had for several months( I know gross.. .) The product made the inflamation disappear over night. The ingrown hair raised to the surface and fell out and 4 days later it is only a little pink. I am so amazed with this product. It saved my trips to the derm and moeny wasted on prescriptions that don't work.

on 12/2/2008 9:37:00 PM

a bit pricey for sumthing not so great
it works, but its nothing i havent seen before
id rather use toothpaste instead of this again

n the roller ball!!! grr

on 11/22/2008 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I actually do not use it on acne, I previously got a small ringworm near my hairline and read up on tea tree oil as a treatment, so I had previously bought it and so I gave it a try instead. it worked! cleared it right up. I just bought it again just to have it on hand.

I also used apple cider vinegar first on the area, then this and it worked within 3 days. It does burn and feels tingly.

on 10/29/2008 12:40:00 AM

What's the deal with the roller?! I agree with everyone here about the packaging being shocking. I had a big area of acne so it was okay when the liquid dripped down my face but when i tried to apply it to individual pimples it was funny to watch.

The liquid inside was pretty powerful stuff, and it made me feel like it's working for about a week (I put it on about 3 times a day but at irregular intervals cos the pack said you can put it on whenever you like). After the first week the sting when I put it on got worse and my skin felt more reactive in general. Even my Bourjois toner for sensitive skin was burning me!!

Not buying again and will only use what's left (about half) when things get really bad and I want a stinger to stop me from wanting to touch it.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

*** please note: 5 star product, but the packaging is a one.

The product is a This is a wonderful formula for drying up and disinfecting one or two pimples but for severe acne I wouldn't bother. It works well for my occasional breakouts. The only drawback is the rollerball. I take it off and dip a clean Q-tip into the liquid to dab on. It keeps it clean and sanitary; as to not cloud up the liquid and contaminate the formula, which makes it less effective. I actually like the scent... it's medicinal, but not long lasting.

Popular Treatments (Face)