October 23, 2014 | 877 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Herbal Blemish Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by lunagirl81

This product has answered my prayers. I do not have regular pimples only cystic acne. They last weeks and then discolor the skin for about 6 months. Nothing helps them, prescriptions, benzyol peroxide, salisic acid, masks, expensive creams... nothing. I tried this product bc it was natural. This was going to be my last chance before I made another appointment for the dermatologist. I applied the product to my new cyst and within the day the inflammation went down. By the 3rd day the cyst is almost down completly and it is still pink but not purple and inflammed. A week later and there is only a small pink indication of where the cyst was. The product does not burn or irratate my skin. I do think the packaging is a bit unsanitary. I was so amazed with the product that I used it also on an infected ingrown hair on my leg that I have had for several months( I know gross.. .) The product made the inflamation disappear over night. The ingrown hair raised to the surface and fell out and 4 days later it is only a little pink. I am so amazed with this product. It saved my trips to the derm and moeny wasted on prescriptions that don't work.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by gagajm

a bit pricey for sumthing not so great
it works, but its nothing i havent seen before
id rather use toothpaste instead of this again

n the roller ball!!! grr

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by xizilia7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually do not use it on acne, I previously got a small ringworm near my hairline and read up on tea tree oil as a treatment, so I had previously bought it and so I gave it a try instead. it worked! cleared it right up. I just bought it again just to have it on hand.

I also used apple cider vinegar first on the area, then this and it worked within 3 days. It does burn and feels tingly.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2008 12:40:00 AM More reviews by juan54juan

What's the deal with the roller?! I agree with everyone here about the packaging being shocking. I had a big area of acne so it was okay when the liquid dripped down my face but when i tried to apply it to individual pimples it was funny to watch.

The liquid inside was pretty powerful stuff, and it made me feel like it's working for about a week (I put it on about 3 times a day but at irregular intervals cos the pack said you can put it on whenever you like). After the first week the sting when I put it on got worse and my skin felt more reactive in general. Even my Bourjois toner for sensitive skin was burning me!!

Not buying again and will only use what's left (about half) when things get really bad and I want a stinger to stop me from wanting to touch it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

*** please note: 5 star product, but the packaging is a one.

The product is a This is a wonderful formula for drying up and disinfecting one or two pimples but for severe acne I wouldn't bother. It works well for my occasional breakouts. The only drawback is the rollerball. I take it off and dip a clean Q-tip into the liquid to dab on. It keeps it clean and sanitary; as to not cloud up the liquid and contaminate the formula, which makes it less effective. I actually like the scent... it's medicinal, but not long lasting.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2008 1:12:00 AM More reviews by cesa11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A little smelly, but it does have drying properties, though I never actually saw improvement. It's like it was drying but not deep enough. My boyfriend said I smelled like dill pickle:(
Good packaging minus it dripping down your face. A little pricey as well. I was expecting more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i like this . it is effective.
-99.90% natural
-eucalyptus oil
-lemon oil
-calenula flower oil
borrage seed oil
-sd alcohol 40-b (From yellow corn)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2008 8:20:00 PM More reviews by maidenofstarfire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have mixed feelings about this product. I've sometimes smeared it on a couple pimples overnight and in the morning they've become whiteheads ready to be popped. Yet applying it every day on acne spots doesn't really seem like something I should be doing. Plus, the roller ball sometimes doesn't deliver any product once rolled on, and a shake downward spills all the liquid onto the floor. Then, when I rub it on, the excess pours down my face. Not good....

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2008 8:34:00 PM More reviews by bibiancheng

I liked this products, but the main concern is, it treats blemishes, but not cure it. the effects are temporary, I have to use it almost everyday, which i don't think it's good to the skin. although it's natural, but you still don't want to soak your face with mango juice everyday.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by PaperAlias

I became interested in using more "natural" products to treat blemishes, so on a whim, I picked this up at Target. I was hoping to replace my regular 10% benzoyl peroxide spot treatments for something gentler.

I applied this to my blemishes regularly (2 or 3 times a day). I just couldn't handle the burning sensations... and it did very little (if anything) to heal pimples...