Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

AQUA / WATER CYCLOPENTASILOXANE GLYCERIN ISODODECANE ALCOHOL POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE HEXYL LAURATE DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE PHENOXYETHANOL ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE MAGNESIUM SULFATE ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TRISTEARIN CELLULOSE GUM NYLON-12 LIMONENE BENZYL SALICYLATE LINALOOL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER PARFUM / FRAGRANCE DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE METHYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

on 10/1/2013 12:45:00 AM

I wanted to love this foundation after reading rave reviews across the blogging world but unfortunately it just didn't work for me. The shade was perfect (2) for my fair skin but sadly it emphasised my dry skin areas like no other foundation. I'm going to try mixing it with moisturiser or sunscreen just so it doesn't go to waste, but I won't be repurchasing.

on 9/28/2013 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I spent countless hours trying to figure out what the numbering convention means for the shades. I am an NW25 (BR20 Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, 125 MUFE) and ordered a 5.5 from Nordstrom. It was slightly too dark and too orange. I did a live chat on Nordstrom's website and asked if a 5.25 would be a better match. They said a 5.25 is for yellow-toned skin. WRONG! Karlasugar's swatch of 5.25 looked more pink-toned, so I ordered it anyways. It is the perfect color for NW25, light to medium, pink to neutral-skin! I couldn't even tell what was my skin and what was my foundation during application. It is the best foundation I have ever used - very pigmented, light to medium coverage and luminous. Although the price is steep, it's worth it!

on 9/24/2013 3:27:00 AM

I have been a loyal fan of Armani makeup. Been using their products for years yet just recently decided to try Luminous Silk foundation. The sales lady suggested that I try Luminous for Fall/Winter and keep Lasting Silk for Spring/Summer. I love Lasting - it is my HG foundation although I love maestro as well. After testing Luminous for a week, I have to say that I'm quite disappointed. It's supposed to be a better choice for dry skin yet it lacks the luminous effect on my skin. I use it with Fluid Sheer and my skin still looks rather dull. I could tell it wouldn't look good on me as soon as I rubbed it on my face. Not sure if I'm applying it incorrectly. Lasting Silk instantly gives me a dewy glow and feels so light on skin. Luminous however feels heavy.... it has great coverage though. I will keep using it and may perhaps edit this review after finishing the bottle. The current verdict is that I prefer Lasting Silk for my combo skin much better.

on 9/11/2013 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hands down my HG foundation. The color matches perfectly (which as a Latina it can be difficult to find a foundation that matches my olive complection), goes on smoothly and is buildable. I use this in conjunction with the Armani foundation brush and my skin looks flawless every time. I used to receive tons of compliments when I switched to this foundation 3 years ago (I used to use the Bobbi Brown foundation stick before). Now everyone just assumes I have flawless skin.

on 9/5/2013 11:21:00 AM

so this is a first impressions review.
I got a sample from selfridges, birmingham.
Overall I am in love with this foundation! Application is easy and blendable. You can acheive a medium buildable coverage without it caking and looking like a mask.
The shade match is perfect, I was matched to 4.5. It fits me perefect and if I wanted to I wouldnt have to blend into my neck. I always do though.
Damn it lasts long too! It stays at a satin finish and no spf so no flashback on photography.
I will definitely be repurchasing.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

At first I really didn't like this foundation, it's pretty pricey at £34.00 and it didn't seem to give me enough coverage or anything. At first I loved the finish but later it used to look so powdery and cakey. But now I LOVE IT SOO MUCH, it's nearly HG for me, I usually have to use like 3 pumps to get the coverage I want which is very wasteful but the foundation is very build able and doesn't cake at all. It gives a nice luminous finish, and looks like your skin, I sometimes do have to conceal the odd monster blemish with concealer etc, but otherwise I just set with my powder, now I use a fine milled loose one (Chanel Poudre Universelle) rather than my MAC MSF. I have a love hate relationship with this, it's a good foundation and would be HG if I had better skin and was about £10 cheaper :(

on 8/29/2013 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Personally, I think this foundation is one of the best I've ever used! And trust me, I've tried a lot and not many stay for more than 6 hours on my oily skin, but this one does! It's beautiful, very silky and lightweight on the skin. It's light to medium coverage but very buildable if necessary. It gives a slight glow, but not to the point that oily people, like myself, dislike it. My review just doesn't do this foundation justice!

on 8/26/2013 5:28:00 PM

My FAVORITE foundation EVER. Point blank period. I love it so much i could write a song about it....but I'll refrain. This took the place of my beloved Estée Lauder Double Wear (ever since they changed the formula and ruined it for me). This foundation is just perfect. I do have an oily T-Zone though and this foundation really does make you look luminous so I do have to blot my face a bit throughout the day (then again, it's summer and hot out so obviously I have to blot). It just looks so natural and beautiful, yet evens out my skin tone and pigmentation. I love it so much! - I apply it with E.L.F flat top kabuki brush (i used to use Sigma's F80 but the elf one is better IMO). It's my face

on 8/25/2013 11:21:00 PM

Light to medium coverage. Glowy finish. Looks gorgeous in photographs. Stays on nicely throughout the day. Expensive.

on 8/12/2013 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really wanted to like this foundation but it went on cakey, fell into the fine lines under my eyes and had worn off in three hours. No good for me, definitely not buying ever again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials