Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have just repurchased my second bottle! I haven't opened yet, I'm scrapping out my first bottle with a long wooden spatula, that's how much I love this foundation. No SPF. I don't want SPF in my foundation, I use a separate SPF. It last beautifully all day and photographs lovely. Comfortable, just the right amount of hydration for my combo, skin. When I want to sheer it out, I use a damp beauty blender and bounce it off my skin. With a foundation brush, I get flawless fuller coverage. With my fingers, it blends out seemlessly. Every tool I use works perfectly and gives a differet type of coverage.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is the best foundation I have found so far, and I have used many high end ones, such as Chanel, Dior, Bobbi Brown, etc. It's not my HG one, because the color does not quite match my skin. No. 4 is too light and 3.5 is slightly orange. I must admit I did not play with the other colors, as the SAs seem to keen to 'help' and don't let you get on with it.
The texture is amazing, light yet it covers my brown spots better than any foundation I have ever tried. It is so easy to blend, it just melts into the skin.
I received a sample, but I am sure I will buy it despite the price, a little goes a long way because it is highly pigmented.
I would not recommend it for oily or combination skins because it is indeed luminous. I found that it lasted a long time, at least 5-6 hours, but then my skin is slightly dry.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Since my perfect foundation was discontinued (dermalogica treatment foundation) I have searched and spent hundreds on different foundations. I like foundation to have a bit of a shine and not look too dry and caked on, but I also don't want to look oily and greasy, as my skin is already quite oily and acne prone. I found this after doing research and have never looked back. I use colour 5.5 and it is perfect for me. It is quite expensive but I use it every single day and a tube lasts 3 months. One pump covers whole face and I use an extra half a pump on areas that need a bit more coverage. I hope they never discontinue this.

For reference I am currently a MAC NC40-NC42 (at home tanning) in GA Luminous Silk Foundation I bought 7.5. I believe the shade matches well. It's very yellow in undertone which is great for my faux tan. The coverage is light to buildable medium.. If you don't have acne or dark spots on your skin the foundation looks great all on it's own. But if you do, a little spot concealing and you're good to go. Doesn't feel heavy at all. Doesn't cake, gives a nice "glow" FYI i do use a primer first and it seems to last me 8+ hours.. I've counted 10-12 hours if decent wear. If you're oily blotting and maybe additional powdering or smoothing out thoughout the day is possible to help it last and look nice but that's typical with most foundations on oily skin. I like this foundation and can't wait to see how it behaves when I'm dry in the winter!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is another foundation that just runs too dark for me to wear. If I put this on the color of my face doesn't match the color of my neck (and I am using shade 02). The other thing I don't like is it does not last whole day on my oily skin, so if you are oily you will definitely have to touch up or try to use this with powder. What I like is the natural finish and no cakiness. The coverage is rather sheer, so it won't work well if you're trying to cover pimples.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I really love the texture of this foundation and the coverage it would be my HG... But the problem are the colours I can only wear this is summer when I am very tanned then I'm a shade #9. I tested other lighter shades for the winter months but in my colour range they are the wrong undertone, too pinky. Such a shame :(

The best foundation I have ever used... And I have tried many. I have combination skin and find it doesn't go dry, oily or oxidise on my skin - great medium coverage that lasts all day.

My HG foundation for sure. I've used this for about 3-4 years now and it is still hands down the best foundation I have used. It leaves a lovely, even dewy sheen to the skin and covers beautifully and gives me a glowing complexion. I mix two colours to get the perfect tone for my skin.
It's certainly not cheap (and I try and get every last drop out of the bottle!), but for the moment I'm happy to fork out for it because I love it so much.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Golden rule to remember when purchasing a department brand foundation: obtain a SAMPLE in different colors before making any commitment with your purse. Let it be known that I don't trust the lovely reps behind the counters analyzing my color and texture. I received three color samples of this foundation to last me five days in each color. I wear sunscreen and allow it to absorb into the skin before applying makeup. The active ingredient ( i.e. titanium dioxide) in some sunscreens can alter the color of your foundation.

I am neither oily or dry, you can say that I have combination skin. I'm exposed to humidity when outdoors and cool, dry air conditioned air when indoors. This formula is sheer and disappeared within a couple of hours. Perhaps the price justification to this foundation is based on its formula to magically disappear within the allocated time frame of two hours. It left behind a shine as a farewell parting gift. All three samples (recommended by the reps) did not match my skin color. One color sample managed to make me look like I was playing with mud. Fellow purchasers with dryer skin looking for sheer coverage may benefit with Luminous Silk foundation, if they don't mind the short effects under humid conditions. I did purchase the Armani foundation brush. This brush blends very well with sheer formulas but I do not recommend it with thicker formulas, unless you enjoy contending with the never disappearing streaks. Hope this review helps.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I had essentially sworn off foundation for years and years until I went to have a wedding makeup trial and the makeup artist used this product. I purchased it immediately and though the price pinched initially, I in no way regret purchasing it and would happily do so again. I realize I am in part paying for the "designer" name, but this foundation is worth it to me. It is a perfect match for my skin (I use shade 3) and provides coverage that, honestly, I didn't know was possible for me.

I have combination skin and this product strikes a good balance for me. It stays on all day and doesn't seem to transfer very much at all. I don't usually need to set it with powder until much later in the day/early evening, if I need more staying power or a touch-up. I use a flat-top brush to apply and blend this into my skin and go over it with my fingers if need be. I find it very easy to blend and two pumps gives me plenty of coverage. I've received several compliments on my makeup since I began wearing this - no one seems to think i look more made-up, just brighter and more put-together.

For reference, I've tried everything from That Gal! primer alone, Physicians Formula mineral foundation, UD Naked Beauty Balm and L'Oreal BB cream to MAC and NARS powder foundations and this is the first thing I've found that doesn't seriously bum me out in some way. I liked the L'Oreal BB for general, light coverage but this is far and away a better fit for me.