Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder

Price: $

Talc, parfum

on 9/3/2005 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Believe it or not, the pure cornstarch version makes a very nice setting powder for make-up and even controls oil on days when I forgo foundation. It looks white upon application but turns 100% translucent once your skin's oil begins to react with it. I have the oiliest skin in the world and am STILL looking for a low OR high-end powder that can match it. Only problem is that I seem to be breaking out from the fragrance!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff! There are so many uses for it. I use it after shaving my underarms to stop rashes because I have sensitive skin. I use it as a deodorant. I put in in an old clinique dispenser and use it as powder, and it works really well, makes my pores looks small, doesn't block them and stays on forever. Of course it only works if your face is actually white like mine. But i really do love this stuf and its so cheap! No more chanel or LM powder cause i use this and its literally a fraction of the cost.

on 5/14/2005 2:24:00 PM

I really loved the Johnson's Baby Powder. I use it now instead of deodorant, which I found to be runny and messy. But the powder keeps you dry all day and smells wonderful. You can even dust it on your face to control oil, or on your body for a perfume. I prefer the Pure Cornstarch with Aloe and Vitamin E scent. I don't really care for the scent of Lavender and I was really disappointed by the Vanilla/Jasmine one because it didn't smell like Vanilla at all, just a strong smell which I assume is the Jasmine. Maybe they will change it and take the Jasmine out. You could probably scent them yourself with Vanilla fragrance oil and then run it through a sifter. I might try that when I have time.

on 4/7/2005 7:21:00 AM

i love this!!! i haven't tried the vanilla and jasmine, but i want to try it after reading all the raves here at MUA!
buut. back to this. i use this as a blotting agent on my oily skin. i like using baby powder, even though the color may be white, just because i prefer using something pure like baby powder instead of MAC (although i've heard it's great)!

i haven't broken out from this, so i'll continue using it.

what i do is i shake the powder out onto a puff, and lightly pat it onto the oily areas of my face! EDIT// I have stopped using this on my face. I've jumped onto the mineral makeup bandwagon!

on 3/28/2005 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Can't go wrong with baby powder. Gettng out of the shower and placing some powder on after makes me feel like a baby again. LOL

on 3/6/2005 9:12:00 AM

What can I say? J&J Baby Powder is a true classic. Its soothing, soft scent immediately transports me back to my early childhood in the '70s... and to this day, I still adore it. :)

on 2/4/2005 4:39:00 PM

I just love baby powder scent and have since the beginning of time. Actually I've always purchase this stuff ... anyway, the powder I like to apply all over my body to give it a soft silky baby feeling ... and of course the scent is awesome.

on 11/16/2004 11:52:00 PM

I have this in vanilla, and I love putting it on over my lotion. The bottles are so cute, and I love the traditional look, but I wish they also made bottles that were a little easier to use.

on 11/3/2004 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I use the corn starch version J&J baby powder. It's so cheap and great for days when I skip a shampoo to keep my hair from getting super greasy. I also put some at the roots of my hair on days I do shampoo before I blow dry to help build volume.

on 9/24/2004 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love using this as translucent face powder. MAC NC20 for ref, it's not too light in color and there's no odd scent (unless you don't like the baby powder scent) and it keeps my face fresh. I just sprinkle some into my hand and apply with a brush. Pretty good. BTW, I'm 33 and own everything from Chanel to Cover Girl face powders and like the baby powder just as much.

Top Rated Johnson & Johnson Products