April 20, 2014 | 1447 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using this since I was probably a baby--everyone in my family uses this. It really is different from your normal bar of soap because it's very, very moisturizing. Sometimes I can even skip putting my lotion after this. It's also very mild that when I run out of my facial wash, I use this to wash my face and it's feels very soft and supple afterwards. And time and time again, I always go back to this soap whenever I get allergic to a bath gel or wash I'm currently using, or if I want something that'll really moisturize my skin. Love this product and will continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

I've been using Dove beauty bars for as long as I can remember. This is the perfect soap to wash your face & body with. This is gentle on skin (especially sensitive) & doesn't leave any residue. I love this & I would never trust anything else on my skin. This is really cheap too & the soap bars last me a long time. People always ask me what products I use on my skin because my skin always looks great, & all I say is Dove & they're shocked. Who ever thought something so cheap & simple that you can get at any drugstore, would be so amazing? That just shows you not to be too quick to judge. I will buy these forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by lareinarumbera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The classic (white - floral powdery scent) & cool moisture (green - cucumber & green tea scent) are my favorites. I tried all sorts of soaps & body washes from drugstore to higher end, and I keep going back to this. I always have a small stockpile in my bathroom cabinet . I use this to wash my face & body; for my face I use this after I've removed makeup with a cream makeup remover (I double cleanse), and for my body I just use it like a body wash. I find it a little too dry to shave with, but other than that it's a great cleanser that doesn't leave me feeling dry and tight. My skin seems to clear up if I use this consistently, too. I agree with previous comments that sometimes, simple is better, and this is a case where indeed a very simple product delivers good results. Non irritating, non drying and creamy, all the dove bars perform far better than some higher end soaps I've tried. If you buy a big pack on special or at costco, they're fantastically cheap, too. Being a beauty junkie, I keep trying other things, but I will continue to have a bar out in rotation. A word of warning: this is a very soft soap, so you should put it in a good soap dish that will keep the soap nice and dry after you use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Dq287

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this for shaving my legs. It's better than any shaving cream I've tried and my skin is always soft and smooth with no irritation. If I ever ran out of handmade soaps and such I would use this as a body wash also- and sometimes I do when I feel like it. I love this soap and always have since I was little. It smells fresh and clean, leaves you feeling nice and soft, and works well.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Zariana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only used the original Dove Beauty Bar for a day now. Well, actually, I've shaved my legs and other sensitive areas with Dove and I'm satisfied with how baby soft my skin felt after moisturising with a light lotion. True to my cheapskate tendencies (LOL! :-p), I've decided to try it as a facial cleanser. I feel like an oil slick (South African summers are sweltering!) It has, however, made my skin smooth and pores less noticeable. I'll have to use it for a longer period to determine how effective this soap really is as a facial cleanser.
UPDATE: I found this soap was too moisturising for daily use on my face. Although it didn't break me out, my face was an oil slick one hour after cleansing.
I'll have to find another gentle cleanser. Boo-hoo!

FURTHER UPDATE: This incredible beauty bar has been a skin saver - a very inexpensive skin saver!
I've recently been prescribed Yaz birth control to quell my raging hormonal acne and my face gradually became less oily. My usual 'harsher' cleansers and gel moisturisers just didn't cut it any longer.
Dove Beauty Bar provides the perfect amount of cleansing power and moisture my skin needs.
I'll never be without this wonder bar!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by makeupfinder21

Just bought this yesterday cause of the rave reviews. I mean, come on.. 702 reviews and it still has a 4.4 lippie review? That's amazing. Anywho, I've used this 2 times so far, and already can I see a HUGE improvement of my skin.
On my nose: the clogged pore I unclogged on Wednesday had been red and very large. But not no more. It's shrunk in size to match the others and its no longer red. Also: my blackheads on my nose have been brought up a little to the surface so now I can feel them. I'm sure soon enough I'll be able to scrub them away off my nose for good. However, the ones on the side of my nose are still quite noticeable. My pores have shrunk incredibly.
My forehead: the large white bump between my eyebrows has reduced in size and is now almost gone. It's been there for 2 weeks or more. My acne marks have lightened just a little and the little ones from plucking my eyebrows have almost disappeared. But I still have the small raised red bumps speckled about there.
My cheeks: I don't have bad cheeks at all, never any pimples or bumps, but my pores are also smaller here as on my nose.
Rest of my face: my upper lip still has blackheads, and scars. But looks better than before the Dove. My chin has a few pimples but scars are fading slowly.
The only con with the Dove Beauty Bar (i use original), is that it can be drying. My cheeks and upper lip get quite dry, nothing that can't be fixed with some good moisturizer tho! The bar is also quite cheap. I got 2 bars for $2.99 at Shoppers for sale price. Over all, I'm really happy with the results and will continue using the bar. Instead of 4, I'd rather give it a 4.5.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Mooo87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this bar, it's such a classic. I use this to wash my face, body and even my hair. It rinses clean without stripping my skin of moisture. I don't even use conditioner when I use this as shampoo. A+

EDIT: I have stopped using this, although I will probably go back to it for use on my body eventually (currently using up a different body wash). It never felt too harsh on my face or my hair, but I realized it was clogging my pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by AmyK2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First of all, this white unscented one does have a strong scent to me...but I like it. It makes my whole bathroom smell fresh and clean and overall this scent reminds me of the summer I started using it.

This lathers nicely, lasts a long time, rinses clean, leaves my skin feeling clean but not tight or dry. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

A detailed review on all dove bars I have tried:
Unscented: This is the classic white bar. Like all the dove bars here mentioned, hydrates and smoothes skin. I love all dove bars and I will never ever purchase another brand. Creamy and easy to use. However wont repurchase as I prefer a scent to my bars. Unless you have sensitive skin, try out the scent ones.
Go Fresh Cool moisture: I believe this sells as a green bar and its got cucumber and green tea in it. I quite like this bar. The smell is not overpowering and it smells like cucumbers. Will repurchase.
Go Fresh Burst Beauty Bar: MY FAV! This stuff smells amazing! Can I rave more? Smell this in the store and you'll fall in love. It sells in a orange color and has nectarine and white ginger. This is the one I love the most and will repurchase the most.
Go Fresh LemonGrass: I dont like the scent of this, but apparently it totally depends on you as an individual. Some people love this the most, however I dont so wont repurchase.
Pink Beauty Bar: I dont see a big difference in between this and the original.
Dove men: This sells in a grey packaging and is for men. Really good and has mini exfoliating beads which dont do much but overall a great smell for your husbands. Give this a try [men]!
Check out my reviews on other products and let me know if this review was helpful or not.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

I grew up with this bar in my bathroom. My mom always rotated this and the unscented Dove because she suffered from ezcema and this did not irritate it. She still uses it to this day. I have a home of my own now, and this product along with the Olay white bar is in constant rotation in my house. It cleans my body gently and doesn't irritate my (inherited) ezcema either. My husband and I use it all year long. I'll use it in a pinch for my face, but not often because it can be drying.