Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

3.6

Water (aqua), Poloxamer 184, Sodium PCA, Disodium Cocomphodiacetate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol

on 10/27/2009 1:24:00 AM

I love the packaging of this product. I don't have to unscrew the cap everytime to use this. It's a flip top. Anyway, I don't wear waterproof mascara or eyeliner so I can't say for sure how well this works for waterproof formula. It works great for my regular mascara and eyeliner and didn't leave an oily film. However, I noticed it's starting to make my eye area dry.....I think maybe because it has SLF in it which is pretty bad considering it's the eye area.

on 10/24/2009 7:10:00 PM

There really isn't much to say about this makeup remover. It's nothing special; it removes basic eye makeup but it does not fully remover waterproof makeup like it claims. I do however like the packaging because its a good size and simple. I would repurchase because I rarely wear waterproof makeup and always have a heavy duty oily makeup remover for that anyway.
Price: $5.98 at Walmart

on 9/29/2009 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i actually really like this product.

Pros:
-takes off waterproof mascara
-is actually gentle
-don't need a lot of product to use

Cons:
-there are a little tiny bit of residue left
-i noticed at the very beginning my eyes burned a little, but i think it was due to my contacts so now i just take my contacts out beforehand
-the packaging is very small, so a little wasteful
-a little expensive for so little product

overall it does what it says it does and i would buy it again!

on 9/29/2009 10:14:00 PM

On the label, it stated that it takes off waterproof eye make up....However, no matter how hard I rubbed it did not remove my waterproof mascara. I will definitely not be repurchasing this...

on 9/13/2009 10:28:00 PM

Won't budge waterproof mascaras or basic liquid eyeliners. Really only good for removing eye shadow and non-waterproof mascaras.

on 8/30/2009 8:04:00 AM

Generally I love Rimmel but I think this is one to avoid. Something in it is a little rough around the eye area (even if you don't have sensitive eyes) and it does take a couple of go-rounds to get everything off. I think Garnier does one that's better and just as cheap.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this remover to try it and.... it does not work! It's just like water you have to scrub in order for even SOME of it to come off. DONT waste your money on this buy the Neutrogena one!

on 8/18/2009 8:52:00 PM

I love rimmel products but this one did not work for me. It claims to remove all eye makeup, including waterproof makeup, but I had a hard time taking off my waterproof mascara. The formula seems gentle enough but it doesn't do the job. Will resort back to oil-based formula.

on 8/15/2009 10:41:00 AM

I LOVE this makeup remover! I can't even tell you how many bottles I have gone through. I have been using it for a while now and I just love it so much. It makes my eye area feel soft and refreshed. I don't have to spend more than a minute or two taking off my eye makeup when using this, it works fast. I love it =]

on 8/13/2009 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have been searching for a HG eyemakeup remover that would remove waterproof makeup but not leave a greasy film. Many of the oil free formulas left a greasy oily feeling even though they are oil free. (What good is that?!).
I wanted to try the Waterproof Sexy Curves Rimmel mascara for my pin straight lashes and next to it was the remover. (BOGO50 at CVS) The mascara is ok but the "Gentle Eye Make Up Remover" is AWESOME! It removed a ton of eyemakup and the waterproof mascara. It did not leave a greasy film or sting my eyes. I am tempted to go out and buy a couple of more bottles in case they stop making it.