August 28, 2014 | 919 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Rimmel - Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by janemarple

I don't wear waterproof make up so I cannot attest to whether or not it delivers on that front, but it takes my washable eye make up off nicely. My only issue is that sometimes if I use too much it stings a bit. Not oily at all. Nice and cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by iheartgloss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My favourite eye make up remover. Doesnt contain any oil but still removes the toughest waterproof mascara. Removes all eye make up without any stinging of the eye or drying out of my eye area even in winter when my normally oily skin turns dry and dehydrated. Price is good, with definately buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Candyapple1275

1- did remove my waterproof mascara and cream liner from l'oreal hip. (w/ the hip cream liner, soap and water doesn't remove it well.)

2- didn't leave an oily residue after use (like Maybellines remover does)

3- didn't sting my eyes. Great for contact lens wearers.

4- decently priced for a drugstore brand. original price is $7 and change for 4.2 fl ounces. I bought it on sale for 40% off.

cons: unnecesary thin cardboard and plastic packaging. they could have simple sold the bottle itself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Product_Junkie

I found this eye m/u remover to be quite effective and affordable. I found that it removed my eye m/u really well without leaving an oily residue or leaving my skin tight and dry. However, I found this to sting a little, so I rinse my eyes with cold water after, then the stinging goes away. I do prefer Klorane's blue cornflower eye makeup remover though;it is more expensive for less of the product but it is exceptional in that it is extremely gentle and does not sting. I will probably purchase that one next. However, Rimmel is a decent, effective and cheaper subsistute.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2009 7:29:00 PM More reviews by bebepark

This product claims to take of waterproof mascara off, but it does not. I tried to take off my eyeliner off and it does not either. The eyeliner is not waterproof and it does nothing. In my opinion it does what water does, better off using water. I would not buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by debluv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

i love this product. it removes everything without being to oily.leaving my eyes feeling clean and refreshed. i took of a lippie because if to much gets in ur eyes they also will burn a little so sensitive eyes beware this might irratate them a bit . but overall its great

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by mayumikiki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product claims that it removes waterproof makeup, but it really doesn't. So if you're wearing waterproof mascara, don't expect to take it off using this.
However, for everything else, it works great. Get some one a cotton ball, apply it to your eye, hold it there until it soaks into your makeup, and then gently wipe.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2009 3:33:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily8510

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked this up on a whim after running out of my regular Avon. This product does remove my makeup, but takes a little more work & scrubbing with a cottonball. Having only Avon to compare it to, I have to say I vastly prefer their cream based remover to a liquid. This one stings a bit, and I can't just dab some on my finger and spread it around to loosen the makeup. The bottle does seal well and I've never had any spillage problems.

It does its job & with a reasonable price tag, but it just doesn't do it good enough.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2009 8:01:00 PM More reviews by aquajeeling

I tried this about 4 years ago, it did NOTHING.

I threw it away. That pretty much says it all.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by BuzzJan

I bought this eye makeup remover because it says "removes waterproof mascara" on the bottle. That's not true!!! I tried a few times using different waterproof mascaras (CG lash exact/ Missha/ Kiss me etc.), it's just not strong enough. I'm so disappointed with this product and I won't be buying this again.