MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

on 9/10/2010 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to try the 239 brush, but I'm use to a brush that's a little stiffer more like the 242. Which the SA actually gave me and I noticed as I walked out of the store that is was wrong. Now I wish I did notice until I got home because that was what would worked better for me.

The 239 is an awesome brush for the outer-v brush which I don't do that often but have the brush now to get the job done when needed.

UPDATE (01/01/2011) I ended up swapping this away.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Perfect for packing on color. Any shadow full of sparkles will stay right where I place it instead of falling onto my undereyes. It really is amazing, it's stiff but feels gentle against ur skin, doesn't shed at all and is easy to clean. It's so worth the $$$ compared to any shadow brush I've ever owned. The only thing is that it's not the greatest for doing a sheer wash of color lid to brow with, you need a softer brush for that. If you like pigmented looks, this is ur must have brush! <3

on 9/10/2010 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love my 239 brush! It's so soft and applies shadow perfectly. I have tried many different shader brushes and this one is really the best. I can't believe I waited so long to get it! There is really nothing else to say about this brush - it's great and you need one! LOL

on 9/6/2010 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Im so glad I finally forked over the money to buy this brush. The tools def to make a difference. It picks up shadow like none other, lol sometimes too well. Ive tried alot of different eyeshadow brushes with this same purpose, but the 239 is definitely the best!

on 9/5/2010 1:26:00 AM

Very happy I invested in this brush :) I love using it for makeup application of normal to matte eyeshadows. It cleans very easily and dries quickly, never sheds, is the right amount of softness vs. stiffness, and I love that it is white so you'll know instantly if you have any colour on your brush.

This is an essential brush for me, and I don't have a very large collection of makeup.

on 8/27/2010 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Great brush for building on color and for crease work. It is a partner brush for the 217, as together they can make a perfect look. The 239 brush packs on colors amazingly and the 217 blends very well. The price is ridiclous though and there are dupes for it as well.

on 8/25/2010 3:31:00 PM

Great brush. Ideal for eyeshadows, especially mattes, frosts and veluxe pearls by MAC. Excellent for packing on colors and building layers of shadow. Loew Cornell's dupe has longer bristles, and is scratcher than the MAC 239 (I actually use that one for wet pigments). If you are looking for softness and a thicker brush (density of the hairs) for eyeshadows-I would invest in the MAC 239. The softness alone is what sold me on this brush, which is important for people with sensitive eyes :)

on 8/20/2010 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

I love this brush! It's stiff and great for putting on eyeshadow. ALTHOUGH, the price is ridiculous. There is an EXACT dupe that is a paint brush. So why would you need this for the $24 it is. There is also some brushes I have from Target that are the same. Not worth it if you don't have the money / even if you have the money. Overall as a product it's good. It's overrated.

on 8/20/2010 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've had this brush for ages and the hairs are still as soft and smooth as the day I originally purchased it. This hold it's shape well, never sheds and cleans like a dream. The hairs are so thick that they grip shadow without the least bit of pressure - no other shading brush I have applies product like this one does and I'm not lying when I say this brush totally changed the way I did makeup after I first bought it. I also want to say that anyone looking for a fast and super effective way to add color to your outer V should take a second look at this brush - the thickness and cut of the bristles make application fool proof.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have just recently purchased this brush and I now understand why everyone on MUA raves about. I use it to place eyeshadow to the lids and this brush holds so much more of the product than any other brush I have tried. It is dense but still soft to the touch.

Popular Makeup Brushes