August 27, 2014 | 914 users online

Powder - Merle Norman - Luxiva Ultra Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2007 11:17:00 PM More reviews by unchienne

I have extremely oily skin AND live in humid South Georgia, so when I say that I have problems wearing makeup on my face and not my clothes, please note that this is not an understatement. But the MN Ultra Powder has been, so far, the best when it comes to staying power and shine free coverage. The coverage is velvety smooth and it's great at covering imperfections. It's not perfect mind you. My t-zones start glistening after two or three hours and if you use a heavy hand it can look a bit too cakey and surreal. Other reviewers have mentioned the "old lady" scent and old fashioned case. It's true, it's not the most chic thing to carry, but it's like my Honda Civic: it might not get ooh's and aahh's when I take it out, but it's dependable and damn good at what it does.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2007 10:57:00 PM More reviews by phredd4

I've been using this from a sample for the last 3 days and I really dislike it. The coverage is too light, too powdery (now I see where the ULTRA powder name came in) and has almost no staying power. Only the extremely oily could be happy with this. Regular face powder is as good as this. Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup is the way to go if you want a powder foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2007 1:37:00 AM More reviews by skittles318

This is my hg powder, the color is a perfect match. The texture is velvety. Although this is the longest lasting powder I have tried, I wish it would last longer (shine-prone). The compact is huge, but that means a huge mirror. Includes a nice squishy sponge for smooth texture. As this compact aged, the powder cracked a bit.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2006 10:55:00 AM More reviews by alex_bradley

When I was younger, I wanted something that would cover all my imperfections, but still look natural. I went to my nearest Merle Norman counter, and asked what I should do. They suggested the Luxiva Ultra Powder Foundation. When I first tried it, it covered everything. It evened out my skin tone and looked awesome. After the first few weeks, my skin felt dry. Then, it started flaking.
I started using a moisturizer, but my skin still flaked when I used the foundation. I will not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2006 8:58:00 AM More reviews by jessicaagd

I have very oily and acne prone skin. I recently decided to try the popular mineral makeup line. I switched to it from this foundation and it was the worst mistake. It irritated my skin and caused moderate acne. I am going back to MN Ultra Powder foundation. It is truly the best I've tried however for me it doesn't seem to stay put all day; I do need to touch up about mid day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2006 2:35:00 PM More reviews by tldavis36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just bought this yesterday, and am wearing it today, but wanted to give my preliminary opinion. So far, I like the way it looks and the way it applied this morning. I applied it kind of sparingly because I didn't want a heavily made up look, but I can still kind of see the dark spots I have from past acne, so tomorrow I'll have to work on better coverage of those. It doesn't appear oily at all, on my skin. But, my skin has been dried out by acne medication. That's why I bought this, because my skin has gotten so dry. Anyway, I will update this after I've used it for at least a month or so, to make sure it doesn't break me out.---UPDATE 1/29/07---I stopped using this. Each day that I wore it, I had a few whiteheads. So, I returned it. It does have several oils in it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2006 8:38:00 AM More reviews by StephanieNKY

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lots of my friends absolutely LOVE this makeup, so i bought it, thinking I'd be swept away, and it was OK, but like another member said, the smell was the first thing I noticed. My skin felt really tight and dry wearing it, and the shade...something CHIFFON..was a little too light for me. I might would buy this again to use in summer months, when Im a little oily. However, they have two other types of foundation that are favorites of mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2006 8:19:00 AM More reviews by hersheyb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. I usually wear it over a liquid foundation for better coverage though. Merle Norman is such a good line, I've been using it for over 40 years!! This powder foundation is never chalky looking. I'm fair, but like a bit of color, so "Buff" is a good color for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2006 8:30:00 PM More reviews by milliep22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have to agree that this is the best powder foundation . Great coverage and it really lasts. I hardly have to do touch-ups, still looks good even at the end of day! And as with MN foundations, I found a great shade match. Definitely a keeper!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2006 8:49:00 PM More reviews by ingiepop

I can't comment on the color, coverage, etc. - just the smell. It's not a bad fragrance, really, just a VERY strong one, at least to me. There's no way I could use this without the smell driving me nuts. To swap it goes...