October 25, 2014 | 1848 users online

Brows - MAC - Eyebrows Crayon in Spiked

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2006 7:39:00 PM More reviews by leessuuhh

I've been using the supposive HG worthy brow powder Smashbox's Browtech in Brunette but I still was unable to achieve that natural look I have been searching for. I decided I'd look into pencils and found the raves of this product. I am a big MAC junkie already so I decided to swing by the Pro store where the MA recommended the shade Spiked for me. I have naturally dark brown/black hair and Spiked is a perfect fit. It's not so harsh that it makes my brows look thick or over powering but it fills in the sparse spaces in an incredibly natural way.

Normally with my brow powder I also use the the wax that is suppose to make everything stay in place and be smudge free. It really only lasts for about half my day. The MAC Crayon on the other hand really is smudge free and lasts until I remove it at night when I wash my face.

The packaging is excellent in a self sharpening ultra thin stick. The point is very fine so it allows you to simply "draw" in short strokes little hairs to fill in where need be. The price is relatively reasonable at $13.50, I have yet to have to twist to get more product and I've been using it for a week straight. Overall, I definately recommed this to anyone who is looking for a very natural look thats easy to use and long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2006 7:38:00 AM More reviews by stripteased

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

works perfect for filling in sparse brows. ultrafine tip is great for making tiny hairlike strokes. my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2006 3:07:00 PM More reviews by vldubs

I typically use powder for filling in my brows but I wanted something quick and portable for those days when I need a touch up. After trying several pencils - high and low end - I found that this was the best fit for me. I really like the thin pencil which allows for precise application and the color - a true brown thatís not too ashy or red. One drawback of this automatic pencil is that you canít roll the lead up and back down so you can't tell when the lead is about to run out - for this reason, I bought a backup to keep on hand. At this point, I think I might abandon the powder and stick with this pencil as it gets the job done and lasts throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2006 4:58:00 AM More reviews by divejunkie

I dont know why i ever bothered with powder and brushes before. This is a breeze to apply and gives you perfect natural looking brows. Took one lippy off because it doesnt seem to last through the day and i also seem to be going thro it quite fast. I'd still repurchase tho.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2006 3:45:00 AM More reviews by teekay01

I have two bald spots on my eyebrows and it's been the butt of many jokes. So needless to say, I have been on the hunt for the creme de la creme eyebrow filler. Short of getting eyebrow plugs, this pencil has saved me! My eyebrow gal did the hardsell on this product, but she was right!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2006 7:24:00 PM More reviews by kinonyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's so odd to read all these reviews--this is my staple but it's also only one of the very few brow pencils I've ever used, and I've been using it for at least 10 years, so have nothing to compare it to. As everyone else has said it's a true dark neutral brown (luckily just the color of my brows) and it does indeed stay on all day and doesn't look fakey (unless I'm really tired and my brows start to get curly). I like the fact that it clicks up (the makeup artist who recommended it made me promise to only click it once per day but I do a little more now). I just wish you could see how much is left, because when it comes to the end, it's always a shock. I've rebought it countless times. Oh, and the person who did my brow shape (used to be the IT Girl at Bergdorf's) says to use with powder on top (I use MAC Corduroy) and clear gel to hold everything in place (I use Tweezerman).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2006 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Christie1830

Wow! I've had real trouble with brow pencils in the past, and hated powders, which looked more natural but smeared all over. I have almost-black but definitely not "brown" eyebrows. Meaning, black pencils look fake and vampy, but brown ones look red and clownish. Spiked is perfect - a subtle and natural dark, dark brown with no red or bronze tones. Most crayons go on thick and heavy, but MAC's line is very whispy and precise, just like eyebrows. And it stays put all day, even if I forget and rub my eyes. A lovely solution for those of us who plucked too enthusiastically or just have slightly spare brows in spots.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2006 9:39:00 PM More reviews by gotluv4MAC

I tried this for the first time a couple of months ago and now I can't seem to live without it. I put it on every morning with my eye shadow because it makes my eyes look so much more alive! I used to go to work looking half-awake; now I look wide-awake even when I'm not. Love it! Matches very well with black brows although its an espresso brown.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2006 6:08:00 PM More reviews by jarin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My H/G for brows!!! The reason I came upon M/U/A (I think it was my first post) was to find something for my brows that looked very natural, no orange or red undertones, just dark brown! I didnt want to do black/grey anymore b/c even though my hair is black it just didnt look natural with my skintone. I have a major obsession with my brows, they aren't as symmetrical as I'd like them to be and after over plucking, they wont grow in anymore. I wanted something easier than powders as well as longer lasting, and thanks to the lovely ladies of MUA, I found this perfect color!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2006 12:27:00 AM More reviews by want2agegracefully

HG!!! Five lippies and then some! MACs eyebrow crayon in spiked is the bomb! Easy to use, needs no shapening, slim nice packaging, looks natural and lasts all day. Need I say more?!? I tried it after I read about it on MUAs Most Popular. THANK YOU fellow MUAers for recommending it! First time user so I don't know how long it'll last but when I run out I will definitely buy again.