MAC Eyebrows Crayon in Spiked

4.6

on 6/27/2007 9:33:00 PM

LOVE this pencil. Does a great job defining the brows and the color stays on all day. It is a medium brown color which brightens up my face. My HG eyebrow pencil. I just wish it lasted longer - I go through it way too fast.

on 6/24/2007 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

i like this color better than stud but i still think it runs out too fast (the mac lady said that it does run out fast). the pencil goes on good and it looks natural. it doesn't fade. i will definitely repurchase. i always keep a spare on hand. i've recently tried mixing this with strut to give a more realistic look. it's nice. as others have mentioned doing a little concealer around the brow with these pencils create the perfect eyebrow!
*** Update: a few of the pencils that I've had were very crumbly, breaking off with the slightest pressure resulting in loss product. Not happy with that especially since it goes by fast anyway. Looking for more economcial options ***

on 6/21/2007 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been buying this pencil for years. Like many people, I have sparse and light brows, and seached for a while to find the perfect fix. I use this, blend with my angle brush, and use clear Brow set to groom them. Everyone is shocked when I tell them I need to fill in my brows cause they can't tell:) I will buy this over and over again. I always keep an extra on hand, cause I ran out once (unexpectedly of course cause you never know how much you have) and it was a BAD situation. I ran right out after work and bought two more cause I couldn't live without it for a day:)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

AWESOME brow pencil. It does the job without looking like I used a Sharpie marker to draw my eyebrows on. I have natural brows, yes, but they are sparse in areas from over plucking.

My brows are also darker than my hair, and nothing irritates me more than when I see girls with dark brown eyebrows and red eyebrow pencil on. I went to MAC and the girl did my brows and once I got into natural light, to my horror, the pencil didn't match. So I immediately went in and traded, (I bought Lingering instead of Spiked). I got home and tried it and was in love ever since. It applies wonderfully and stays put. It is a perfect neutral dark brown. Highly recommended! ;-)

on 3/15/2007 8:48:00 AM

Oh, what would I do without you, Spiked (and LM's Blonde pencil)? This is a beautiful brown eyebrow filler, packaged in a superfine case. I have very sparse brows (from overplucking over the years) and this pencil allows my brows to look naturally full without it looking like I tattoed my brows. Sometimes the tip tends to crack off, but's rare. $15.50 CDN.

on 12/27/2006 7:39:00 PM

I've been using the supposive HG worthy brow powder Smashbox's Browtech in Brunette but I still was unable to achieve that natural look I have been searching for. I decided I'd look into pencils and found the raves of this product. I am a big MAC junkie already so I decided to swing by the Pro store where the MA recommended the shade Spiked for me. I have naturally dark brown/black hair and Spiked is a perfect fit. It's not so harsh that it makes my brows look thick or over powering but it fills in the sparse spaces in an incredibly natural way.

Normally with my brow powder I also use the the wax that is suppose to make everything stay in place and be smudge free. It really only lasts for about half my day. The MAC Crayon on the other hand really is smudge free and lasts until I remove it at night when I wash my face.

The packaging is excellent in a self sharpening ultra thin stick. The point is very fine so it allows you to simply "draw" in short strokes little hairs to fill in where need be. The price is relatively reasonable at $13.50, I have yet to have to twist to get more product and I've been using it for a week straight. Overall, I definately recommed this to anyone who is looking for a very natural look thats easy to use and long lasting.

on 12/6/2006 7:38:00 AM

works perfect for filling in sparse brows. ultrafine tip is great for making tiny hairlike strokes. my HG.

on 11/26/2006 3:07:00 PM

I typically use powder for filling in my brows but I wanted something quick and portable for those days when I need a touch up. After trying several pencils - high and low end - I found that this was the best fit for me. I really like the thin pencil which allows for precise application and the color - a true brown thatís not too ashy or red. One drawback of this automatic pencil is that you canít roll the lead up and back down so you can't tell when the lead is about to run out - for this reason, I bought a backup to keep on hand. At this point, I think I might abandon the powder and stick with this pencil as it gets the job done and lasts throughout the day.

on 11/24/2006 4:58:00 AM

I dont know why i ever bothered with powder and brushes before. This is a breeze to apply and gives you perfect natural looking brows. Took one lippy off because it doesnt seem to last through the day and i also seem to be going thro it quite fast. I'd still repurchase tho.

on 11/12/2006 3:45:00 AM

I have two bald spots on my eyebrows and it's been the butt of many jokes. So needless to say, I have been on the hunt for the creme de la creme eyebrow filler. Short of getting eyebrow plugs, this pencil has saved me! My eyebrow gal did the hardsell on this product, but she was right!

Popular Brows Products