August 1, 2014 | 1224 users online

Foundations - The Body Shop - All-In-One Face Base

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2005 4:40:00 AM More reviews by temperlyne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this in the lightest shade, which is just a tad bit too dark and yellow for me but not very obviously. What I like about this powder is that it isn't ultra matte and doesn't look dry on my face. For a foundation the covarage is way too sheer for me, but it works as a touch up or to just even things out slightly. Lasting power is not wonderful both on the face and in the can.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2005 11:39:00 PM More reviews by zubaresque

I like this foundation a lot, and its the one that I use (I really dislike liquid foundations). One great thing about it is that it is versatile in terms of coverage: you can get a light dusting with a brush, medium coverage with the sponge, or heavier coverage with a wet sponge. I would definately buy it again, for its ease and versatility.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2005 11:26:00 PM More reviews by maryam

This is a great powder foundation that can be applied both sheerly with a brush or heavily wiht a sponge. It's around $16CDN and 7g but they onyl have like 5 colours so finding a match is difficult and since it's only 7g i go through it pretty quick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2005 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Shamisen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I had never heard of powder foundation until I was asking in the store about a new powder and the assistant recommended this. I love it. I tend to find that foundations really emphasise my pores and powders emphasise my flakiness and this doesn't do either. It just evens out my skintone and looks really lovely. I get heaps of compliments when I wear it. I apply it with the sponge when I want more coverage or with a brush when I want less. Definitely worth a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2004 5:18:00 PM More reviews by AmyRockz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

All in One Face Base gives awesome coverage and is really versatile. If you wet your sponge it goes on super thick or for light coverage you can just use a brush. However, if you're not careful it has the tendency to look cakey. If I use too much I look and feel like a chalk board.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2004 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Pakegal

Probably won't buy this face base again just because it doesn't give me the lasting even complex I want and the sponge it a little tough to get (gotta lift the powder part up but there's no notch so I end up running my nail across the powder if I'm not careful). I may try a lighter shade (I have 05, might try 04 before I give up) to see if that works better but I think I will move on to another brand. This doesn't break me out. CoverGirl Aqua whatever it's called gave me better coverage but broke me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2004 11:45:00 AM More reviews by tuktoyaktuk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for years now without complaint. It offers me sufficient coverage and doesn't look powdery or cakey. It does wear off after a while, but as I'm in a tropical country, I'd expect that of any foundation. It offers me a good base for my makeup, and I like that it looks natural at the end of it all. The round compact is cute although the sponge applicator took a bit of finding as its hidden underneath the powder pan!

I docked 1 lippie because the "new" formulation seems more "yellow" than the old one. I used to use 01 when the compact was rectangular. 01 was the lightest formulation and looked a little pink. Now that its the round compact I'm told 01 is replaced with 02 which looks more yellow. I don't know how true it is. But the new 01 does look very light.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2004 9:02:00 AM More reviews by reismione

i've oily skin so i was looking for something that will not oxidise or cake on my face. just got this 3 days ago. used it thrice. its coverage's excellent n the color remained true thru out my more than 8 hrs of usage. tis is better than WnW though the latter's cheaper. i will definitely buy this again. (^-^)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2003 9:30:00 AM More reviews by sultana1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a lovely powder/foundation if you have the right color match. soft nice powder however it looks grayish on my skin. you need to moisturize really well before you put it on. no oil control properties at all but no breakouts either. i will not repurchase because i don't like the gray undertones in the darkest color they carry.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2003 2:24:00 PM More reviews by nuyearbabee

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just didn't like this. I'm waaay to use to wearing a liquid I guess. I don't have the greatest skin so I need something more covering. It's gotta be meant for girls w/already great skin. (why can't I be in THAT cateogory?) LOL. I'm also a drugstore junkie, so paying $15.00 for this foundation was not a great feeling (too used to my under $10 products) Not sure if it was just mine or what- mine didn't come w/an applicator and the sales girl didn't bother to tell me whether I needed to buy a separate one or not. Make sure you find out before you get home like me and say, "OH WTF!" =P