Essie Fiji

3.5

on 2/28/2011 4:47:00 PM

This a very pretty ladylike pale pink. Its a good "neutral" if you want something that pops a lil more...and covers up any flaws on your nails since it is opaque w/2 coats (i get white bruises on my nails and i can't see them at all) and it makes my hands look tan lol. Looking forward to warmer weather so I can wear this more often! I got it put on at the salon so I don't have a problem w streaks.

on 2/22/2011 3:12:00 PM

Okay, this is such a frustrating nailpolish. I didn't give it 1 lippie only because I love the feminine color so much. But honestly, this nailpolish is a PAIN! It is so streaky and hard to apply. It drives me nuts. I have to put on at least three coats, the last to cover up the first two streaky coats. It is really too bad since it's such a pretty color and I get lots of compliments on it.

on 1/8/2011 11:02:00 AM

Would love the color if the polish did not streak terribly. I typically buy OPI and thought I'd try Essie. Bad move. The brush is whimpy and thin. The application went on streaky and dull. Way to expensive for this to happen.

on 11/23/2010 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Way too streaky and difficult to apply. Has a strong smell too.

on 10/29/2010 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Fiji is a decent "natural" pink with a good deal of opacity after 2 coats - but it has a HIGH streak factor and requires careful application. Since essies has many similar colors that are easier to apply, I usually pass on Fiji - a bit too chalky for me.

on 10/29/2010 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this color after searching for a light, cool-toned pink that wasn't OPI (since OPI breaks my nails horribly). I settled upon this and I'm quite happy I did. I feel it would look better on those that are lighter skinned than I am, but I do feel I get away with it.
The application wasn't as horrible as other people mentioned for me. The first coat was horrendous, but the second coat was smooth and made it opaque. It didn't take me 4 coats like others were mentioning. I feel the poor consistency of this polish was exxagerated. Or I just got a good batch and/or good technique.
Regardless, I feel Essie can improve their polishes as Essie customers' opinions and criticism have never been met and implimented.

on 9/8/2010 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Gah! I didn't think I am THAT bad with applying nail polish. It's impossible to make this look decent unless I apply 4 coats; otherwise it looks horribly streaky. I'm going back to OPI.

on 6/23/2010 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I swore off tanning years ago...but with Fiji on my feet, I look so dark! For that alone, 5 lippies :) For a while, I looked around for something like this - very pale, very opaque - but everything missed the mark. Other shades were too sheer, and just looked blah. This one really pops, and is easy to build. Most every week, I try new shades - this is really the only one I ever come back to. A real HG for me.

on 5/5/2010 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This polish certainly put me off essie products!
It was streaky, hard to work with. And refused to dry properly.
The colour was nice but not worth the hassle of it.

on 3/22/2010 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

in general i like essie nail polishes a lot, and i tend to get a bit frustrated/disappointed with light, subtle colors of any brand, as they are never quite opaque enough for me. this one needed a few extra coats but the end result was nice. i probably wouldnt repurchase, just because it isnt perfect and i feel that a staple like this should be, but i think its definitely worth a shot.

Top Rated Essie Products