Essie Fiji

3.5

on 3/8/2011 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

This color is almost the perfect pale opaque baby/white pink. The only problem is it's so streaky! I haven't mastered proper application just yet but I won't give up on this color. It's very pretty and feminine.

I got this in the sale bucket at Trade Secrets for $3. I only bought it because I tried a tiny swatch and instantly loved the pigmentation. I bought it without thinking twice! It's really pigmented, opaque with two coats (I do three to cover up ridges in my nails but if you have smooth nails ou can get away with 2)

The color is a pale pink bordering on white with some slight lilac undertones. Very pretty but I wish it was just a touch more pink (it's a tiny bit too white...if i wanted white nail polish, I'd buy it) but since it was in the sale bucket, I wasn't picky.

The application is STREAKY and drippy and it sinks into any imperfections leaving his kind of puddly look. but after the second coat, that's not a huge probelm. It's extremely watery.Like most other pale colors, it has a little bit of that gummy feeling when it's drying, but not a huge deal.

My usual pink is Revlon Peach Petal and the color of that is slightly more pink so I will also be using that one but I'll probably keep this one around for a while since it's the only opaque pale pink nail polish I've ever found, making a truly a gem. The results were pretty good too so I think I'll wear it a lot all year.

on 2/28/2011 4:47:00 PM

This a very pretty ladylike pale pink. Its a good "neutral" if you want something that pops a lil more...and covers up any flaws on your nails since it is opaque w/2 coats (i get white bruises on my nails and i can't see them at all) and it makes my hands look tan lol. Looking forward to warmer weather so I can wear this more often! I got it put on at the salon so I don't have a problem w streaks.

on 2/22/2011 3:12:00 PM

Okay, this is such a frustrating nailpolish. I didn't give it 1 lippie only because I love the feminine color so much. But honestly, this nailpolish is a PAIN! It is so streaky and hard to apply. It drives me nuts. I have to put on at least three coats, the last to cover up the first two streaky coats. It is really too bad since it's such a pretty color and I get lots of compliments on it.

on 1/8/2011 11:02:00 AM

Would love the color if the polish did not streak terribly. I typically buy OPI and thought I'd try Essie. Bad move. The brush is whimpy and thin. The application went on streaky and dull. Way to expensive for this to happen.

on 11/23/2010 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Way too streaky and difficult to apply. Has a strong smell too.

on 10/29/2010 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Fiji is a decent "natural" pink with a good deal of opacity after 2 coats - but it has a HIGH streak factor and requires careful application. Since essies has many similar colors that are easier to apply, I usually pass on Fiji - a bit too chalky for me.

on 10/29/2010 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this color after searching for a light, cool-toned pink that wasn't OPI (since OPI breaks my nails horribly). I settled upon this and I'm quite happy I did. I feel it would look better on those that are lighter skinned than I am, but I do feel I get away with it.
The application wasn't as horrible as other people mentioned for me. The first coat was horrendous, but the second coat was smooth and made it opaque. It didn't take me 4 coats like others were mentioning. I feel the poor consistency of this polish was exxagerated. Or I just got a good batch and/or good technique.
Regardless, I feel Essie can improve their polishes as Essie customers' opinions and criticism have never been met and implimented.

on 9/8/2010 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Gah! I didn't think I am THAT bad with applying nail polish. It's impossible to make this look decent unless I apply 4 coats; otherwise it looks horribly streaky. I'm going back to OPI.

on 6/23/2010 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I swore off tanning years ago...but with Fiji on my feet, I look so dark! For that alone, 5 lippies :) For a while, I looked around for something like this - very pale, very opaque - but everything missed the mark. Other shades were too sheer, and just looked blah. This one really pops, and is easy to build. Most every week, I try new shades - this is really the only one I ever come back to. A real HG for me.

Popular Polishes