July 26, 2014 | 973 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Maybelline - Baby Skin Pore Eraser

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by itsjackiebella

Well its about time this product is finally available in the US!! I've heard so many positive things about this drugstore primer in the past but it just wasn't available in the states. But I finally got my hands on this!! Does it do what it claims? Is it worth the hype?

Available in one shade, which is basically clear/invisible.

This product retails somewhere in the range of $5.99-$7.99, .67 fluid ounce (20ml).

Claims:

"Why you'll love Maybelline New York Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer: Poreless smooth skin perfection! One second to smooth, poreless skin. Visibly pore blurring smooth skin."

Directions: Smooth a thin layer of Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer onto areas with visible pores for a poreless appearance.

Texture & Finish:

The primer feels and looks the same as the Smashbox Photo Finish primer, a little greasy, silicone-y, and glides on very smoothly to the skin. If you've tried the Maybelline Age Rewind Primer, the Baby Skin primer goes on smoother. It definitely helps with blurring out the appearance of your pores.

Best Application:

Using my fingertips, I press the product into the areas on my face where my pores appear to be larger (nose and center of my face) and then blend it out, still using my fingers.

Coverage:

This is a clear/invisible product, which doesn't provide any coverage (nor does it claim to), but it does a decent job of blurring out the appearance of your pores.
Staying/Lasting Power:

I wore this primer under many different foundations, both drugstore and high end. Although my skin seemed to get oily and having to blot several times throughout the day, it seemed to last all day on my combo-oily skin. After about 8 hours of wear under my makeup, my foundation, blush, & bronzer seemed to still be in tact with minimal fading and my pores were still blurred. This product is good drugstore alternative if you don't want to shell out lots of $$ for a higher end product but I don't feel like this is anything life-changing.

Fragrance:

This product doesn't seem to have much of a scent.

Packaging:

Love the packaging… very cute!! The product comes in a convenient sleek squeeze tube.

MY FINAL VERDICT

The Good:

The primer is a decent affordable product that you can find at the drugstore. It does its job in blurring the appearance of your pores as claimed.

The Bad:

The area on my face where I applied the primer got oily after only two hours and I had to blot several times a day. If you have ANY slight dryness on your face, this product WILL cling to it and make it look like you have dry patches.

The Beautiful Truth:

I would recommend this product to people who are looking for an affordable drugstore primer. On my opinion, this product is NOT a dupe for the Benefit's POREfessional Primer (Maybelline does not claim this product to be a dupe, but I am stating this because I hear many people saying that this is a dupe). If you have EXTREMELY oily skin, I wouldn't recommend this product (unless you don't mind blotting several times throughout the day). If you have dry skin, you can use this product but I recommend you moisturize very well to avoid this product from clinging to your dry patches. It doesn't fill in your pores like Benefit's POREfessional Primer does as this product does more of a "blurring effect". Personally, I will finish up this product but will probably stick to my HG Benefit POREfessional, mostly because I don't become oily at all throughout day with my Benefit POREfessional. All in all, this isn't a bad product... just not my favorite.

For more beauty, skin care, tips & reviews, come visit my blog at:

Thanks for stopping by! Ciao for now! <3

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Mummykel25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm always looking for a good primer that helps with my pores, it doesn't fill them in but for the price I think it does a pretty good job at blurring them I only use this around my nose area because when I first used it i applied it to other slightly problem areas (forehead and chin) and this mixed with an already oily t- zone looked and felt awful! This was after using a powder repeatedly during the day, if you are oily I'd reccomend using very little! And finding a food blotting powder, I will buy it again its cheap and I like the little colourful tube it comes in

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by crystelle07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, this is not a primer! It does not state that it combats oil or prolong your makeup. I have some pores around my nose and cheeks. For the price it did a great job of "blurring" my pores. It is not a dupe of Benefit's porefessional as that is a pore filler. I got my baby skin at a local HEB (Texas grocery store) for $7.99. I use this on days when I don't wear a lot of makeup or don't need my makeup on for more than 8 hours. Having combo oily skin I do use a setting powder. I would repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Videotapeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really like this pore filler. I have dry skin that is pretty sensitive but this product works. I can understand how oily skin people might not care for this product, it's very silicone-y but without the powder absorbing silica. This has improved the finish and look of my foundations and BB creams so much. I use it mostly in the T zone (which is very dry prone) and on my chin, spreading outward. The $5 price is amazing and I love the packaging, it's very Etude House.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Lisr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff did NOT help with pores, nor did it work as a primer. My make up slid right off and it really did a number on my skin. My skin has been pretty clear. After 1 day of wearing this, had red, clogged pores. Horrible stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by JaydeLife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! Best part is that it is non-comodogenic, which I love because most primers clog my pores and make me break out. And let's just face it, the packaging..adorable! I'm a sucker for catchy packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by NikkiBri88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Since there is a bunch of hype about this product everywhere.. I HAD to get my hands on it. I picked up the last one at my local Target for around $5.99.

So, I have been using the L'Oreal Miracle Blur product for a few weeks, and that is an amazing primer. However, I felt that sometimes, it was a little too thick for my liking. When I saw Baby Skin, and heard how it was silicone based, I thought this would be a good product for me. Unfortunately, it was not.

It didn't break me out, or anything of that sort. It is a silicone based formula, which I do like. It comes in a user friendly tube, is very soft on the skin, and makes your foundation application that much smoother. BUT. It really didn't do much for me. It didn't ERASE (which is claims to do), or blur my pores. It didn't help my makeup last longer. I actually feel like it made my makeup slide right off my face throughout the day, which I HATE. I did hear a few not so great reviews on this product before buying it, but I did take in account that every persons skin IS different from the next.. I just didn't have luck with this product.

It's an amazing price, but I am very disappointed in this product.. I really wanted to love it.. Definitely going back to my L'Oreal Miracle Blur :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

This is the biggest hyped thing since sliced bread in the 2014 world.
First of all, loads of women are screaming it may be a dupe for its prettier and rich cousin Benefit Porefressional. It's not.

Sure, it slips and slides like silicones. It's kind of powdery and baby-friendly. But I didn't exactly feel like it reaffirmed any love lost between me and primers. As a dry skinned gals I don't really need to prolong wear, shrink pores,etc. I thought this would be a fun little DS gem to myself (for 6 darn bucks...can't beat that.)

I used a tiny blob, focusing on the most "pore" like area (inner cheeks and maybe nose for me) and spreading it thin across the entire face. It made my skin extraordinarily slippery, smooth, and not at all dry. Didn't really notice any lessening of laugh lines. Foundation faded around same time as any day.

So, truth be told, I think this needs to be acknowledged as something dry ladies may like over flakey spots rather than pores!

I would give it 3.5 lippies if I would, I do kinda like it and keep reaching for the cute packaging every day.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Deydamia

I knew this was not a dupe of Benefit Porefessional going in; I was hoping this would be a dupe for Tarte's pore minimizing primer. It has a siliconey texture and is clear with no fragrance. While it does feel nice going on and does blur the appearance of pores, it left my skin feeling slippery, it never really dried. A little goes a long way. However, my foundation broke up after a few hours with this underneath and it surely did not work as a primer. It also broke me out, so I will be getting rid of it. Thank God I only paid $5.99 at Target. I would return it if I hadn't thrown out the packaging! I wouldn't recommend to those with acne-prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I was fairly pleased with this product. I have the Tarte Poreless Primer as well but I find myself reaching for this one more often. As other reviews have said, it is very silicone based but it makes powder and liquid foundation apply very evenly. I have oily skin and it keeps the foundation on about 8 hours, which I think is good for oily skin. I dot it on my t-zone and smooth it out with a flat foundation brush before I buff liquid or powder on top. I have tried many other primers and I have had success with this product.