Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser

3.0

Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Heptanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica Silylate, Propylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Prunus Cerasus Extract / Bitter Cherry Extract. May Contain: CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

After seeing so much hype about this product on Youtube, I finally bought it from my drugstore and first off, I wasn't too happy about the price- £7.99 seemed a little too much.
I do have larger pores that are visible and I wanted a primer from the drugstore that could possible become my new fave. Heres what I think about this one:
PRO:
It does blur out your pores
CONS
very oily
diminishes some pores but magnifies others
difficult to apply

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I kept seeing this in the grocery store over and over, and finally I decided to give it a shot, as I've been more interested in primers recently. I didn't buy it for the "pore erasing" purpose, as my pores are pretty much invisible under any foundation.
This is quite a heavy, silicone-feeling primer. A little definitely goes a long way. I smooth it over my entire face, as I have quite dry skin and this really does give my foundation a push and allows it to just glide over with no problems. Before I apply my foundation I let this sit, like a moisturizer, on my face for a few minutes, just to let it dry a bit and get the most out of it.
For around 6 bucks, it's worth a shot, in my book. I think the only con I've discovered so far is its heaviness, but once you put your foundation on, that feeling dissipates.

As soon as I saw the Baby Face Pore Eraser in the store, I NEEDED it and I was not let down. I don't have any visible pores so I didn't buy it for that purpose. I thought it would be great as a primer and it certainly is! The product goes on smoothly and just a little goes a long way. Although I wouldn't recommend it on it's own because it looked oily, I definitely recommend to wear as a primer under foundation! My foundation went on so smoothly and looked smooth! As well, I noticed a really nice glow to my skin! I would definitely recommend it to someone as a primer!!

on 4/12/2014 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

When I first saw the commercial, I knew I wanted this because of what it promised and the absolutely adorable packaging! I have oily and acne prone skin with VERY large pores. Although I found that this doesn't work well as a corrector. I didn't see much of a difference in my large pores. HOWEVER, this product works very well as a skin primer. This didn't clog my pores and my skin was able to breathe even with bb cream, concealer, foundation and pressed powder on top of it. This product worked as a really good base for my makeup and allowed my makeup to glide smoothly on my skin. Although it doesn't say it controls oil, after applying pressed powder in the morning, I didn't have to reapply the powder until after 5 hours! Before using this product, I usually had to reapply after 3 hours. This is really cheap as a oil controlling skin primer. I will definitely repurchase! Check out my other reviews :)

on 4/10/2014 1:14:00 PM

I saw this product and thought it looked fantastic, plus I've never had a problem with a Maybelline product before..... Boy, was I wrong.
I thought the cream would absorb more, but it just sits on top of your skin and is extremely sticky and just uncomfortable. If you want to put a foundation or bb cream over top, don't bother, it's pointless. It just rubs the pore eraser around your whole face, leaving the spot you actually want it in.... I definitely would NOT consider this a 'primer'. It does semi cover up pores, but if you try to put anything on top of it it rubs away and doesn't work.
I'm personally a glasses-wearer, and I put the cream on my nose, where my pores are particularly big. My glasses slide right off because the cream is so slippery and non absorbant.
Overall, this product is thick and goopy and doesn't absorb or really do anything of use whatsoever.... I definitely wouldn't recommend this to ANYONE, nor would I buy it again.

on 4/10/2014 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

everyone who says this product isn't a primer is wrong. the maybelline website has it under their primer category. the manufacturer, above anyone else, would know what the product is.

that said, this is a well-priced alternative to smashbox's classic primer. on the other hand, so is monistat anti-chafing cream. for me, they all work similarly in terms of wear time, effect and product feel. there isn't anything particularly "pore erasing" in maybelline's version when compared against smashbox or monistat, in my experience. both the smashbox and maybelline are slightly "looser" in texture and maybe the smashbox had a bit more slip, but that's about it. ultimately, maybelline's version works well enough, but because monistat provides more product for the price, I don't think i'd buy again.

This is not a primer.. It's a pore eraser. Meaning you pat it lightly on your pores and it makes it like they don't exist. Primer can be applied on the rest of your face. If you use this as a primer your makeup with slide off. Only a teeny tiny amount is needed. I can understand people mistaking this for primer. It works well. I have oily skin so I can only use this sparingly. pat a tiny amount on my cheeks and pores pretty much disapper. Good for the price. I don't see myself running out any time soon

on 4/10/2014 11:07:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I feel like this product did not do very much for my face. I've given it a week. I have large pores and was hoping to find a product that would stop them from sucking up my makeup and looking worse. This product just sits on top of my face and makes my makeup slide around, even after using a setting powder or spray. I was disappointed because I love the rest of the Baby Skin products.

on 4/8/2014 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It's just...bad. I liked this the first day I got it, and was amazed that my pores were filled in, but after that, HUGE disappointment. I left this product in my makeup bag for a month, but today I thought I'd give it another try. Worse than before. It made my skin feel so heavy and greasy. I wore it for six hours and it looked like a ran a marathon with makeup on. I have dry/normal skin, but somehow, it made my face an oily mess. All of my foundation nearly rubbed off my nose and cheeks, even though I hadn't touched all day. I just wanted to leave school, I looked gross. Don't buy this. I would recommend a primer, but unfortunately, I still haven't found one that I like.

on 4/3/2014 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

the silicone is smooth when applying it on your face.. used it as a base for my foundation. i find that my foundation still slides off few hours after applying it but it's still okay for me. price is SGD 19.90 at a local store but after discount i paid for SGD 15 only .. Will definitely buy it again if I do no wanna spent so much on a primer.