August 21, 2014 | 1434 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Maybelline - Baby Skin Pore Eraser

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Egordo9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a fan of the Baby Lips lip glosses, especially the Dr Rescue ones... I like the packaging and wanted to try the Baby Skin. I tried this product only once, so to be honest, its probably not the best representation of the product. Overall, I found it OK, it isn't my favourite product and I probably won't buy again. It didn't really erase the look of my pores, all it did was block them. I found that after wearing it for a couple of hours, my skin began to break out. It isn't a terrible product and I would try it again, since I did buy it, but my first impressions were not great.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by lucyjadebyrne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was excited to buy this product after watching really great video reviews online of this product. There seemed to be quite a big hype about it and with it being constantly compared to the porefessional primer by benefit I definitely wanted to give it a try. The packaging is really cute and good quality, shame the primer doesn't match. This product claims to 'instantly erase pores' .. I don't think so? I have been wearing this beneath my foundation and it has not even minimised the appearance of pores on my face one bit, huge disappointment. However it's not all bad, the product does smooth out the surface of my skin allowing foundation to glide on top nicely. Another thing as well, when applying the gel-like primer it begins to feel very greasy and smells kind of.. odd. I would not recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 3:55:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

In Canada this is $12.99 before taxes. I received a sample of this product, and it was not great IMO. I thought it would be smooth and silky, and my pores are not that large either but it ended up being very greasy! I don't think this is a good drug store primer... But i like the packaging because its a squeeze tube and NOT the doe footed applicator. I'd rather save my money for something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by kelseysapp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So, recently I stopped by my local walgreens to see whats new... Of course like any other makeup lover I saw the packaging on this product so i was easily drawn to it. I bought it for $7.49 but at the time i thought it was so worth it. Turned out, it wasn't. When i got home i tried it out and that's when i noticed, its not worth the craze i hear about... But to start off with, i dont have big pores. It works with the blur tech. but holy crap! when i put this on my face it has such a unpleasant strong smell that it makes it hard for me to breath!!! PLUS, it it soo greasy! i think they wanted it to feel "silky" but it doesn't dry for a while nor does it feel silky just flat out greasy. Other than all that, its okay...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Summerkisses88

I been using this for awhile. When I tried it on my hand, it felt greasy. But once I tried it on my face, I could see what they claim happening to my pores. I found that patting it on my skin instead of rubbing it in really helps. The baby skin with my foundation combine seems to make the makeup last for a really good period of time. So far so good to me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by allyfosnaugh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was super excited to try this out because I had discovered it on Pinterest and then researched it on Youtube only to find out that it was not available in the U.S. I had to wait 6 months for it to finally come out here and was so amped to try this. HOWEVER, I'm very disappointed with this product! It claims that you can use it alone but it really does not hide my large pores very well. I tried it with the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream and it does hide my pores better, but honestly I feel like the BB cream is doing all the work. I really do not see myself buying this again. I had much higher expectations for this considering its called a pore eraser, which is not at all a true statement. Also, I do not think it is a good primer. Very disappointed ladies.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by TheMagicFlute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

After jumping on the Maybelline Baby Lips bandwagon (it's the only lip balm that doesn't leave a nasty film all over my lips), I was so excited to hear that this product was coming out, and couldn't wait to get my hands on it. And I must say, for me, the product lived up to the hype. The primer does feel slightly greasy on the skin, and I felt that I had to wait a bit for it to completely settle before I applied my makeup, but that was fine for me (it gave me more time to deal with my unruly hair haha).But the staying power of this product was remarkable for me. My pores did look visibly smaller, my skin appeared clearer, and I only had to blot once all day. My skin does lean on the oily side, so if you're like me and find that you have a shiny t-zone a few times a day, I think that this product will work wonders for you. Plus, the cheaper price tag can't be beat :) But, if you have serious problems with oil build-up, I may research other products before deciding on this. All in all, I am very pleased with Baby Skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Amyrosie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Way to expensive for what it is (12$ canadian)

Makes your skin smooth, true. But I tried other products that helped much more than this. Would not recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by iamsuperzero

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've tried to like this stuff but I just can't. The packaging is so cute and colorful and I was hoping to get more out of this. It comes out easily and clear, it feels weightless. But once I put it on my face, it felt greasy and I had to take it off. Yes, it's a primer but I feel this could be greatly improved.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

YMMV with this....it is a typical silicone primer, and if you're sensitive to 'cones I suggest you avoid it.
I usually don't have a sensitivity to most of them---sometimes I don't like how they feel but most of them don't break me out---BUT this one did! I had high hopes, as it was about $6.99 at Walgreens, and had cute packaging--and I love squeeze tube primers (easier to get it all out, in my opinion).
I ended up using this one for about 7 days straight before returning it, I ended up with several tiny white heads on my chin and near my nose, as well as a few chin cysts, which, like I said, is unusual for me. I also didn't care for how this felt on my skin---very slick and oily, all day long, no matter how I blotted or which foundation/powder I paired with it.

I am still on the hunt for the perfect primer, I'll let you know when I find it!! I suggest acne-prone peeps avoid this one though.

Will not repurchase.