July 28, 2014 | 1818 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Asymetry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After watching countless reviews on Youtube i decided to give this product a try. I got this shade in golden beige, swiped the product on my cheeks, forehead, chin, and nose. Used my fingers to blend the product and all I can say, it emphasized my pores and zits. It looked horrible on me. My face looked caked up, tried spritzing my UD stay all-night spray and I still looked horrible. Sigh....i think ill stick to the loreal true match liquid foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by TaraMaria

Has little coverage and is extremely oily if you don't rub it good into the skin. So there is really no layering to it. Less coverage than a BB cream. However in emergency the color is good and it can be caked on to last for a hour. Great for a teenage girl with nearly perfect skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by smatlove4

I recently bought this and i think it has great coverage! It goes on smoothly and its very easy to blend. The price isnt too bad either. I would probably buy it again, i recommend this product for those who want good coverage. I just wish it had more product.. I find it dont last that long. And if you wear a lot of it, it looks cakey.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by jamie1172008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne prone skin. It doesn't matter what I put on my face because come midday my skin will be oily looking. So I decided to try out the shine free foundation stick. I figured, why not? It's a stick and it claims to be shine free. Also, it has this anti-shine core that is supposed to instantly dissolve oil.

First, I'm gonna start with what I liked about it.

1) I bought two shades, 330 Toffee and 340 Cappucinno. I ended up returning Toffee because it had some beige undertones that looked very unflattering on my face. However, the Cappuccinno shade was a perfect match.
2) Applying this was cake. I mean, it just glided on so effortlessly. I usually associated stick foundations with a heavier consistency but this was very lightweight and easy to blend. I could just use my fingers to blend it in, no problem.

Now, this is what I didn't like about it.

1) As I mentioned earlier, I associate stick foundations with heavier consistency and coverage. Unfortunately, this only gave light coverage. I tried adding more layers to cover up my acne scars but it didn't work.
2) Shine free, my butt! This still made my skin look shiny. Even after I set it with powder. That so-called "anti-shine core" didn't do anything to dissolve my oil. In fact, I don't think it did anything. Instead, I think it's there for added decoration. Those folks at Maybelline need to quit lying and misleading people.
3) This made me break out! So not cool at all!

In closing, I would not recommend this to anyone with oily skin. Unless you wanna go around looking like you wearing chicken grease on your face. Also, if you have flaws that need a lot of coverage (in my case, acne scars) you might do better trying out a different foundation because this is not the one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by mayganade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's OKAY. The coverage is medium. The packaging I love. Its so easy to apply. If you want this to work through out a day YOU MUST USE A PRIMER. This will disappear through out the course of your day. Today I used it with my Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and it shockingly held up pretty well. Other days it just falls right off. Doesn't make me too oily. It definetly makes your skin look a little dry. I use 2 layers and feel like I get the most out of it. It will feel very thick but it somewhat goes away after you set it. Its a foundation for those of us who dont need alot to cover up or you just need it to run some errands. I may re purchase bc its not the worse.. Its simply OKAY. More on the good side then bad tho.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Raeshelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This Foundation! It's soo perfect with my skin. The application is so convenient, it's so easy to just sweep on! literallly! It doesnt cake and even though i have oily skin, it's moisturizing but still controls oil, if that makes any sense. Classic Ivory is the perfect color for me and it gives a nice finish. I would say that I would use a powder over it, because it can look a little dewy. Cheers! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by JessikerBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after hearing how great it applies via the stick. I am the shade 355 which is Coconut - I bought both the stick and the foundation, but I will only review the stick.

PROS:
1. The applicator helps to control how much product goes on your face much easier then a liquid foundation.

2. The actual product feels velvety smooth and not clay like at all! It glides right on.

3. You can apply this product with your fingers.

4. It doesn't take much "buffing" to get this product to match your skin.

5. It did not make me shiny.

6. It lasted for the entire work day.

CONS:
1. I don't think the stick alone provides enough coverage for hyper-pigmentation stops but with the powder it was 100% perfect coverage.

2. This feels unfair...but the shades available are pretty limited. I do feel as if the powder on top helps to bring the shade back to my colour. It may have just been the store I was in.

Overall this is a great product; when they asked if I would repurchase it I said no; not because I don't like it but I just don't feel as if it is a 100% match and I have others that match with less effort. I would recommend this to someone however of a lighter skintone.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by AdrienneStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What's good with all my MUA cronies!...Been a short while since I've written a review; so, here goes:

I have to say that I am really impressed with this foundation. Mainly, because it feels SO NATURAL on my skin. I was a bit skeptical initially because somehow I equate "stick" form with heaviness and greasy consistency; however, this FIT ME foundation is not like that at all. It glides on with the greatest of ease and feels like velvet when blending. I use my fingers to blend because it is just easiest for me...but if you prefer using a brush, I'd recommend a flat top kabuki. It leaves a semi-matte finish and needs little to no powder to set; which is a plus for me because I really don't like TOO much product on my face. If you prefer light to moderate coverage that's slightly buildable, this is a great product that you will likely adore. I do have very oily skin during Spring and Summer months, and this foundation did hold up better than some others I have used (i.e. True Match-liquid and CG 3in1). While to like the aforementioned products and they are definitely amongst my top 5 fave foundations, they do not fare as well as the Maybelline FIT ME stick foundation. It's performing remarkably now that its cooler outside...I LOVE IT. I have it on now and have been wearing it for at least 5 hours and have not had to retouch at all and I haven't seen any traces of oiliness peek through since application. I am in shade 355 Coconut and fortunately this shade is a great match for my skintone (reference: NC50); however I widh there were more shades to choose from. The shade choice is very limited compared to True Match and CG, but the quality definitely compensates for the lack of shade range...especially for a mere $8! Also, you don't get a lot of product (.3oz) so, if you use it daily, you will have to buy it frequently but it's not expensive so I guess that's no as bad as having to buy something like MAC fluid fix, MUFE HD liquid, or KAT Von D fairly regularly.
Bottom line: Yes, I would definitely recommend to a friend...especially for beginners because of how easy it is to apply. Great coverage and excellent blendability. Commendable shine control.

~A.Starr

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Kluv14

I was really excited when I saw the ads of this because I've been wanting a stick foundation especially to carry on the go to touch up my makeup, when I started using it I kind of felt like it just sat on my face but it was pretty blend able, the coverage is light to medium. My skin doesn't really have pimples or dark spots so I thought it was good for me. As for the "shine free" it didn't really do anything I felt like the core just made it even out my skin tone

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Summerjess21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This didnt work well on my skin, even with a primer. It just kinda sat on my skin, and got a little cakey throughout the day. Also its not matte at all, its actually greasy feeling when you put it on. And coverage is light. Would work well for normal skin with no major flaws. Price is pretty cheap though so not a big loss.