April 17, 2014 | 1419 users online

Treatments - Burt's Bees - Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by kimannj

I received this as a gift and was really looking forward to using it - I don't have really dry skin, but have to wash my hands lot during the day in my work and find this leads my nails to become weak and peel and the skin around my fingernails to become dry and flaky which also causes hangnails. Nothing I seem to do helps with this - cuticle oil, hand and nail cream, emollient cream....I have used this regularly recently and tend to put it on at night as it's quite thick and greasy. I do wake up with softer skin surrounding my nails in the mornings but it still remains quite flaky. It hasn't made enough of a difference yet to warrant me buying it after this tin runs out. Hopefully that might change the longer I use it! But for now I wouldn't buy it again as I find hand creams much more convenient.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by CaittFraser

I LOVE this product! It's a BALM not a cream and applies very well when it's a little heated up - and by that I don't mean warm, but in the cold weather it's a little harder to apply. It smells like lemon tart - BEAUTIFUL and keeps cuticles SOOO healthy! It's also really cheap (in my oppinion) I bought a 8.5g mini tin for only ONE DOLLAR and it's lasted me ages as you don't need to scoop a heap out, you just rub your finger and apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 8:50:00 AM More reviews by JabberwockJess

Love this product. It's a wonderful balm (not a cream at all, what's up with the naming?) which is waxy without being greasy. I love it for general daily use and it keeps my cuticles looking and feeling really healthy.

I don't use it for post-manicure massage/moisturisation though as I prefer something heavier like LUSH Lemony Flutter. However I think as a light general-use product Burt's Bees has a winner on their hands here! And so do I *badum-ching!*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by OhsnappitsEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

A must have for nails! I found this lying around the house from one of those Burt's Bees trial kits and never really thought of using it until I found it that one day. My cuticles can get pretty dry and ugly looking and I usually do my own nails. I have the the little tin jar that is 95% natural, I am pretty sure they have reformulated this having seen the new packaging and now it claims to be 100% natural. Anyways this is a little tin of heaven for my cuticles. Its $6 for a tin which isnt too bad considering it is a natural product. This however is not a cream like the name states I find it to be more of a waxy consistency it doesnt soak in right away but after a few minutes it fully absorbs. The smell is amazing it reminds me of dessert and smells like lemon pie. The packaging is very cute but it takes alot of effort just to get the top off of it and the sides of the tin eventually get scratched off as a result. It is a little hard to get product at first but once it warms up a little bit its no big deal. I apply this to my cuticles everynight and sometimes during the day . I have been doing this religiously for the past two months and my nails and cuticles are looking so much better. I recently spent a week with my family and didnt bring this with me since I didnt want to bother but once I got back home I realized what a difference this does and how effective this is. Needless to say that very night I grabbed this asap! I plan on repurchasing , however I dont think that I will have to for awhile though since you get a good amount of product and very little is needed at a time. I will update if I notice any difference in the newer formula and packaging once I run out of my current tin.

INGREDIENTS (95% NATURAL FORMULA) Sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon oil, cocoa butter, tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E), candelilla wax, sunflower oil, rosemary leaf extract, tocopherol (Vitamin E), beta carotene, vegetable oil.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I got this in the Total Body Kit on sale for $3.25. I was delighted at the price of the kit as it contains many trial-size products that I have been wanting to try. I was hoping this lemon butter cuticle creme would be similar to Lemmony Flutter, which I have never tried, but I don't think it compares based on the reviews I have read. I don't mind the tin but it would be better kept in a screw-on lid and pot similar to lip balm or pot gloss. I wouldn't like it in a stick form. It seems to do an okay job at moisturizing my cuticles but doesn't seem thick enough to use an an overnight creme. I'll use this at work and apply throughout the day when I feel like I need some moisturization. I live in a cold climate during the winter and my hands take a beating. I like to localize my products to just where it needs to be so that my hands don't get greasy at work, so this will work well. I won't buy this again as I have other products that are similar and I will continue to buy new cuticle cremes until I find the HG for me. This being said, I really like Burt's Bees' products and their lip balms, particularly their pommegranate one is excellent.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by vivi123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I change my nail color about once every 2 days. My nails have been subjected to a lot of acetone and my cuticles are very dry. I used to use those oil drops from various brands but they never stayed on as long as I hoped. I was looking for a new brand of cuticle oil when I found reviews for this stuff, so I paid a visit to my local Shoppers Drug Mart and luckily they were in stock! The name says it's Cuticle "Cream" so I imagined that it would be somewhat creamy, like lotion. To my surprise, it was actually wax. Why don't they just call it Cuticle Wax... anyways back to the review...this stuff is actually pretty great. I apply this after I push back my cuticles and when I feel like they need some moisture. My cuticles look great now! It also smells great but isn't overpowering to the point where it reminds you of lemon dish detergent. As a wax, it stays on longer. You can also use this as lip balm. It doesn't taste awful and it moisturizes your lips like no other. Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon oil are the first three ingredients. All very good things. The only dislike about this product is the packaging. The tin becomes sticky from your fingers after application. I wish it came in some sort of stick, but the tin does last a long time. Overall, a very good product with a very good price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because my mother uses it, and we both love it! This product smells great, is extremely cheap ($5.99 at CVS) and it lasts a really long time, even if you use it every day, because you don't need a lot! I use this product primarily to moisturize my nails, and it works really well! Absolute HG must have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by jueykang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love this cuticle cream! (though imo, its more of a waxy balm, not a cream) It makes my cuticles healthy and smell good (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 8:13:00 AM More reviews by leGingbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! My cuticles are quite literally perfect thanks to it. It's a balmy (not at all waxy), moisturizing cuticle treatment that, once emulsified and massaged into the cuticle and nail bed, turns slightly greasy and soaks into the skin slowly. This is exactly how I like it. I'll get in bed at night, gouge some out of the tin (which is adorable, if a bit hard to open) and rub it all over my cuticles, and down my fingers. If I've scooped out too much, i just massage it into my hands. When I wake up in the morning, it's completely absorbed into my skin, and leaves everything SO SOFT. And the scent is just...mouthwatering.That is the best word I can think of to describe it. It smells like these lemon drop candies I see every so often at Trader Joes; not too sweet, not too tart, just a perfect lemony blend. Every time I smell this cuticle butter, I want that candy!
I've heard that the Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream is similar to Lush's Lemony Flutter, right down to the smell. Once I'm done with my tin, I'd like to try the Lemony Flutter and see how they compare.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Desiree12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this product. It smells so yummy, and although the texture is a bit waxy at first, it absorbs incredible fast into my skin. I also have noticed that since I've started using it, my nails themselves appear to be much stronger and healthier!

The best part is that this products is all natural. I hate using products that have tons of nasty chemicals in them, so this is one area of relief!